GFL Geelong Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey stiff motors you think I am on the needle, how's this bloke. Another St Joeys player, why don't we pick the whole St Joeys team. 3 players from Geelong West, he's kidding. What's your membership number at Wests Brown Sugar ? Open both eyes

Are u just on here to pick fights and state your own case and argue with everyone else's? You asked me to give u names of blokes that should be in the squad and that's what I did. Jackman yes, Sharry yes, Walker yes. Rock and Stewart maybe. I didn't say that Joeys should have 7 or GWSP should have 4 I just stated that the aforementioned players should be in. You go thru the list and work out who should be out. And as far as having two eyes open, I'm sure I had mentioned that Rock and Stewart maybe. Doesn't matter how many clubs have in really, as long as they are the right ones. Not just selected because of who they are. Wouldn't be many on here that would argue that Luke Sharry wouldn't be in the top level of defenders in the comp. Go through the squad and work out how many legitimate backmen are in it. Not many.

If Jackman was half as fit as years gone past he would be 1st Joeys player picked. He is that far off it ain't funny.
Will Joeys still have 8 players if they lose tommorow?
How did sth barwon get both thier ruckmen in? especially with walker from leopold not even in initial squad, very wierd.:confused:

Its pretty clear the squad has been chosen on name and reputation ie David Clarke.. 26 midfielders is just ridiculous. Players dont care about inter league anymore and clubs dont want them playing anyway. May aswell scrap the whole thing in my opinion.

GFL INTERLEAGUE SQUAD

Bell Park - Jackson Sheringham, Tim Sheringham, Nick Batchelor, Jason Graham, Ben Armstrong

Colac - Dean Felekos, Jake McGuane, Dan Jeffreys, Travis Woodmason, Micah Buchanan

Grovedale - Adam Donohue, Daine Taylor

GWSP - Andrew Walsh

Lara - Tristan Mountjoy, Sam Clark, Ben Harris

Leopold - Kevin Bourke, Matthew Miller, Jeremy Larcombe

Newtown - Rob Condy, Jacob Spolding

North Shore - Nathan Peoples

St Albans - Marc Dragicevic

St Josephs - Daniel Lovick, Dale Carson, Paul Carson, Luke Forbes, Cory Bauer, Peter Street, Paul Minnie, Torin Baker

St Marys - Matthew Hebbard, Josh Eddy, Ben Lavars, Andrew McLean, Josh Maddox, James Cail, David Clarke, Andrew Merriman

South Barwon - Daniel Kee, Luke Buckland, Jarrod Westwood, Mark Corrigan, James Garvey, Michael McFarlane, Paul Sullivan, Michael Barker, Clinton Wells, Bryn Weadon

Thoughts?? Anyone care to put up what they think the final squad/team will be? Very handy squad if you ask me.

This is a joke but interleague teams always are so i dont no why i am surprised!!! so many people get invites on wat the have done in the past and not on current form!! does the club put up the names????

This is a joke but interleague teams always are so i dont no why i am surprised!!! so many people get invites on wat the have done in the past and not on current form!! does the club put up the names????

Pretty sure that clubs don't put names up. Selectors just sit down and choose a squad.

Not sure if you were at the game Timmy but it wasn't bad to watch and I would've said that even if we lost. However.....and I am loathe to bring this up but the umpiring standard was embarassing. That goes for both sides also. The blokes umpiring this game just weren't up to it and had no idea about the holding the ball decision with different interpretations on display all day. Seriously, I'm not an umpire basher but these blokes were just pathetic. Stiff Motors? You were there.

Went to the Joeys, Leopold game early today and saw last half of the U/18's. Saw the most disgusting display of umpires goading young players ever. The older umpire was actually chasing behind a leopold kid and absolutely goading him into retaliating. What's the go there? Thought everyone was banging on about scrubbing out violence. This bozo was dead set inciting it. Well done no.8 in not losing your cool. As for seniors there seems to be a fair amount of disgruntled St Josephs supporters there re their 65K recruits who aren't exactly setting the world on fire !!! Sat amongst them (well they sat around me) Leopold should have won the game by 3 goals. They were pretty average today and Joeys could still only beat them by 2 in the end. Joeys will struggle to make the finals if they don't improve dramatically.Dunno about Leopold today. Thought they had a pretty off day.

onevoive, has Dale Carson cut his hair this season or is he still worried about looking like a contestant off the latest survivor series

Yep, short and sharp. Mustv'e done a bear Grills and sawed it off with a stingray barb or some such. Probably doesn't want stand out with a mop of hair now. It's like lairly boots; gotta perform

Not sure if you were at the game Timmy but it wasn't bad to watch and I would've said that even if we lost. However.....and I am loathe to bring this up but the umpiring standard was embarassing. That goes for both sides also. The blokes umpiring this game just weren't up to it and had no idea about the holding the ball decision with different interpretations on display all day. Seriously, I'm not an umpire basher but these blokes were just pathetic. Stiff Motors? You were there.

Nah wasnt there mate, took a drive up the eastern freeway to watch Noble Park vs Vermont in the Eastern footy league. Have been told West won it pretty easily tho. Grovey along long way off the pace at the moment.

As for the umpires in this region.. All ill say is the last 2 weeks ive been to a Goulburn Valley league and Eastern footy league game and in all honesty Football Geelong should do everyone a favour and take our umpires to one of these games so they can learn a thing or 2 about umpiring a game without trying to be the center of attention..

Nah wasnt there mate, took a drive up the eastern freeway to watch Noble Park vs Vermont in the Eastern footy league. Have been told West won it pretty easily tho. Grovey along long way off the pace at the moment.

As for the umpires in this region.. All ill say is the last 2 weeks ive been to a Goulburn Valley league and Eastern footy league game and in all honesty Football Geelong should do everyone a favour and take our umpires to one of these games so they can learn a thing or 2 about umpiring a game without trying to be the center of attention..

Vermont have been one of the stand-out clubs in Victoria for the past decade. An awesome premiership and league B&F record

Vermont have been one of the stand-out clubs in Victoria for the past decade. An awesome premiership and league B&F record

Have made finals for the past 31 years and have won about 15 flags in that time. Most professionaly run local footy club ive ever seen.. Unfortunately yesterday wasnt there day Noble Park beat them to the tune of 125 points!!

You saw Grovey yesterday, in your opinion how far off the pace are they and what type of players will they need to take the next step?? And have you been impressed with West so far? They seemed to have been pretty competetive so far this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone in particular?You really dont need much to become an umpire and it pays well too I have been told.Anyone know how much for a senior game?

Have made finals for the past 31 years and have won about 15 flags in that time. Most professionaly run local footy club ive ever seen.. Unfortunately yesterday wasnt there day Noble Park beat them to the tune of 125 points!!

You saw Grovey yesterday, in your opinion how far off the pace are they and what type of players will they need to take the next step?? And have you been impressed with West so far? They seemed to have been pretty competetive so far this year.

-I have long been impressed with Vermont. Along with those 15 flags, throw in about 10 League B&F winners. At their peak would have been good to watch them go toe-to-toe with Sth Barwon.
-I don't think it's the players that Grovey have I think it's their game style. They play a millionaire's game and their not good enough to do that.
-If u scroll back thru my posts, I said at the start of the season that West would not be world-beaters but teams would take them lightly at their own peril. They may not make finals but they will consistently be competitive and claim some good scalps. Coach Scott has recruited extremely well. They should have beaten Newtown(who won't be that good anyway) and had three big talls out against Grovey; Saunders, Scott, Boyd. Look forward to the return bout.

Tim I keep telling you that Geelong think they have the best Football League in Australia and the Geelong Umpires think they are the best Umpiring body outside the AFL and the major state leagues. About time some Geelong people went with you Tim and had a look at what is out there. No one can lay claims that they are the best, as soon as you start saying that your taking the eye off the ball so to speak.

Tim I keep telling you that Geelong think they have the best Football League in Australia and the Geelong Umpires think they are the best Umpiring body outside the AFL and the major state leagues. About time some Geelong people went with you Tim and had a look at what is out there. No one can lay claims that they are the best, as soon as you start saying that your taking the eye off the ball so to speak.

Spot on again Vincent. In my opinion the GFL is a fair way off the Eastern footy league, on field there'd be no difference between say a Sth Barwon, St Marys or Vermont, Noble Park or Balwyn but the difference between the 2 comps is the bottom tier sides of the Eastern league are alot stronger and competetive than the bottom 4-5 sides in GFL.

Off field, Eastern footy league is the most well run suburban comp in Victoria probably Australia. From having a broadcast company film evey 1st division game, coverage off the league is 2nd to none, down to the record which is the most complete and imformative going round. Just a brilliantly run competition that should be the bench mark other comps strive to be.

-I have long been impressed with Vermont. Along with those 15 flags, throw in about 10 League B&F winners. At their peak would have been good to watch them go toe-to-toe with Sth Barwon.
-I don't think it's the players that Grovey have I think it's their game style. They play a millionaire's game and their not good enough to do that.
-If u scroll back thru my posts, I said at the start of the season that West would not be world-beaters but teams would take them lightly at their own peril. They may not make finals but they will consistently be competitive and claim some good scalps. Coach Scott has recruited extremely well. They should have beaten Newtown(who won't be that good anyway) and had three big talls out against Grovey; Saunders, Scott, Boyd. Look forward to the return bout.

Spot on mate, by the looks off it West have a pretty decent future if they manage there list well and hopefully they can give some of the big boys a fright this season:thumbsu:

Spot on again Vincent. In my opinion the GFL is a fair way off the Eastern footy league, on field there'd be no difference between say a Sth Barwon, St Marys or Vermont, Noble Park or Balwyn but the difference between the 2 comps is the bottom tier sides of the Eastern league are alot stronger and competetive than the bottom 4-5 sides in GFL.

Off field, Eastern footy league is the most well run suburban comp in Victoria probably Australia. From having a broadcast company film evey 1st division game, coverage off the league is 2nd to none, down to the record which is the most complete and imformative going round. Just a brilliantly run competition that should be the bench mark other comps strive to be.

Gee Timothy, I hanen't been called Vincent since I was a little pussy cat and that was a long time ago. Trust me the GFL and the Geelong umpires are better than a lot of organisations out there, it's just the attitude I don't like. If you want to see how umpiring is travelling try watching the Hampden, North Central or Central Murray Leagues. All major country leagues are are struggling to retain umpires. Some of the Club Umpires in the GFL would be as good as what the North Central or Central Murray Leagues are getting. The AFL pulled the rug on these to leagues in the early 1990's and the locals have never been strong enough to do it by themselves.

Have you watched a WRFL match lately ? Would be interested in your thoughts

I was at the game and agree whole heartedly.

The umpiring was dire.

Some of the decisions they made were "what the ****" like in their judgment.

It was made worse by identical plays being whistled and the decisions being completely opposite to each other. This is despite the calls being made only a short while after each other.

That young kid with the mop of curly hair had a shocker.

Onevoive, what is a onevoive anyway?

Leopold 8 should have been sent off, when he swore at the young umpire, loud enough to be heard in Highton. It looked like Ben wanted to keep arguing and disputing the young umpires decision. The old bloke did him a favour by just giving him a warning. Ben (Leopold 8) was sent off last week in the 1st minute when he tried to elbow a Grovey kid. He just doesn't get it. Can play a bit, but too angry and aggressive and won't survive at senior footy if he continues this approach. The umpires did a good job in what was a very quick game for U18's. The kid Pickett (Byron's nephew) for Joeys was sensational. Even when Leopold sent their best players down onto him, young Bewsy and Storer. Both teams look well coached, with Joeys being physically bigger and stronger. Jai Thompson in the seniors for Leopold was good to see. Missed by the 18's, but he is a very good player with a big future. Great kid too.

Significant win for Joeys. 65K or not. Doesn't matter. 4 points does and Joeys got them. Joeys will play finals. Leopold??

Went to the Joeys, Leopold game early today and saw last half of the U/18's. Saw the most disgusting display of umpires goading young players ever. The older umpire was actually chasing behind a leopold kid and absolutely goading him into retaliating. What's the go there? Thought everyone was banging on about scrubbing out violence. This bozo was dead set inciting it. Well done no.8 in not losing your cool. As for seniors there seems to be a fair amount of disgruntled St Josephs supporters there re their 65K recruits who aren't exactly setting the world on fire !!! Sat amongst them (well they sat around me) Leopold should have won the game by 3 goals. They were pretty average today and Joeys could still only beat them by 2 in the end. Joeys will struggle to make the finals if they don't improve dramatically.Dunno about Leopold today. Thought they had a pretty off day.

Have you watched a WRFL match lately ? Would be interested in your thoughts[/quote said:
As a matter of fact Vin i was born and raised in Newport untill I was 12 years old.. Moved to Geelong in 97 the year the mighty West Newport beat Sunshine ycw in the 2nd division grand final. Was stunned to hear they folded about a month after winning that flag.

Take a bit of interest in the spotty footy club mate and went to see them beat Port Colts in a brilliant grand final at Werribee in 2008. Also witnessed the biggest crowd problems ive ever seen at a footy game that day aswell:eek:
Watched them play out at Albion last year and was pretty impressed with the game.

Although the league seems to be in a bit of trouble with just to many lop sided results week in week out. Spotty,Colts and Hoppers always seem to be pretty strong but it seems like it falls away pretty quick from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back