GFL Geelong Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
one of the funnier things i have read in mondays paper. " we played newtown and they're are no good, i dont care what anyone says, they're are no good". the eagles boys are far from happy, pity they dont play again this season, would make interesting viewing.

one of the funnier things i have read in mondays paper. " we played newtown and they're are no good, i dont care what anyone says, they're are no good". the eagles boys are far from happy, pity they dont play again this season, would make interesting viewing.

yeah in mondays paper. attributed to coach of stalbans. pi55ed myself when i saw it

I loved it:D

You never see what the players/coaches really think in any form of sport these days, they're so well programed to cliques and the usual bullshit.
And to be honest he is right Newtown are no good, seems to be a staight shooter!!!!

Keep it up Pete:thumbsu:

I loved it:D

You never see what the players/coaches really think in any form of sport these days, they're so well programed to cliques and the usual bullshit.
And to be honest he is right Newtown are no good, seems to be a staight shooter!!!!

Keep it up Pete:thumbsu:

the bloke has a few screws lose, yeah we arent all that great at this stage but we still accounted for them quite comfortably and his comment that only 4 of his players turned up to play is just how it is at st.albans, your all a bunch of rejects who belong together and will occasionally prove people wrong like they did on the weekend.
yes it is a pitty we wont play again, newtown could do with another 4 points.

he should stick to getting his side to play consistantly than make his snide remarks, if they dont beat west this week they might as well of lost on the weekend.

the bloke has a few screws lose, yeah we arent all that great at this stage but we still accounted for them quite comfortably and his comment that only 4 of his players turned up to play is just how it is at st.albans, your all a bunch of rejects who belong together and will occasionally prove people wrong like they did on the weekend.
yes it is a pitty we wont play again, newtown could do with another 4 points.

he should stick to getting his side to play consistantly than make his snide remarks, if they dont beat west this week they might as well of lost on the weekend.

Maybe Newtown and St. Albans can get together and organise a 'special' game after the home and away season.... That way you could play off for the wooden spoon.
Or have footy trips already been booked?

Maybe Newtown and St. Albans can get together and organise a 'special' game after the home and away season.... That way you could play off for the wooden spoon.
Or have footy trips already been booked?

wooden spoon? mate your dreaming. i would think that north shore would have the wooden spoon all wrapped up now

It has certainly been an interesting season thus far and I for one thought the Top 5 was a foregone conclusion before Round 1 had even arrived. Certainly for me the biggest stories thus far in no specific order are; i) The rise of Leopold; ii) The rise of Lara; iii) The disappointing slide of Grovedale after their coach's big statements pre-season; iii) The slide of St Joeys (perhaps); iv) The slide of Colac; v) The perceived backward step that Newtown has taken and; vi) the magnitude of the work that is still required out at North Shore to get a once-proud club up and going again and I'm talking from juniors through U/18s up. It seems likely at this stage that Lara & Leopold could take Colac & St Joeys' finals spots. Less than halfway through the finals and the finals are all but set. Joeys are a game out and a good chance still but Newtown in 7th are three games outside the Top 5 and an extremely tough ask considering they have no form to speak of.

It has certainly been an interesting season thus far and I for one thought the Top 5 was a foregone conclusion before Round 1 had even arrived. Certainly for me the biggest stories thus far in no specific order are; i) The rise of Leopold; ii) The rise of Lara; iii) The disappointing slide of Grovedale after their coach's big statements pre-season; iii) The slide of St Joeys (perhaps); iv) The slide of Colac; v) The perceived backward step that Newtown has taken and; vi) the magnitude of the work that is still required out at North Shore to get a once-proud club up and going again and I'm talking from juniors through U/18s up. It seems likely at this stage that Lara & Leopold could take Colac & St Joeys' finals spots. Less than halfway through the finals and the finals are all but set. Joeys are a game out and a good chance still but Newtown in 7th are three games outside the Top 5 and an extremely tough ask considering they have no form to speak of.

Can I just comment on your comments on Grovedale and Lara... I wouldn't say we've had a dissappointing slide, 8 rounds in we've played Sth Barwon, Bell Park, St Marys, St Joeys and Leopold. Beat St Joeys and have been very competetive in every game besides the Leopold game.

Lara have had a great start to the year but have played no one. The only really good side they've played so far is Bell Park and they got thumped. Im tipping they'll come back to earth soon when they start playing the good teams. Infact ill be very dissappointed if we dont beat them this arvo up at Burdoo.

Newtown wont get near finals and even tho i dont rate them, I think St Joeys will eventually catch Lara and knock them out of the top 5.

Can I just comment on your comments on Grovedale and Lara... I wouldn't say we've had a dissappointing slide, 8 rounds in we've played Sth Barwon, Bell Park, St Marys, St Joeys and Leopold. Beat St Joeys and have been very competetive in every game besides the Leopold game.

Lara have had a great start to the year but have played no one. The only really good side they've played so far is Bell Park and they got thumped. Im tipping they'll come back to earth soon when they start playing the good teams. Infact ill be very dissappointed if we dont beat them this arvo up at Burdoo.

Newtown wont get near finals and even tho i dont rate them, I think St Joeys will eventually catch Lara and knock them out of the top 5.

Tim, l I tend to agree; ironically like I do with most things you say and I share your sentiments with Lara but the only problem is; who are the good teams? I mean, they had a bad loss to Bell Park, but then there is only really South Barwon or St Marys after that. Now if they can't beat these sides and can still beat everyone else, which they have certainly shown they can; that's certainly enough to get them in the finals. Everyone below St Joeys has only proven that they can beat each other. For my liking; it is St Joeys that are going to have to pull somoething out of the hat, not Lara.

Tim, l I tend to agree; ironically like I do with most things you say and I share your sentiments with Lara but the only problem is; who are the good teams? I mean, they had a bad loss to Bell Park, but then there is only really South Barwon or St Marys after that. Now if they can't beat these sides and can still beat everyone else, which they have certainly shown they can; that's certainly enough to get them in the finals. Everyone below St Joeys has only proven that they can beat each other. For my liking; it is St Joeys that are going to have to pull somoething out of the hat, not Lara.

I reckn Leopold have proved to be a pretty good side this season. I thought when we played Lara even tho it was only round 1 that both sides were pretty evenly matched. St Joeys are behind the 8 ball but there the type of side that could pluck a win out of the hat whereas i dont think Lara are there yet.

As I brilliantly predicted Grovey had a very convincing win over an ordinary Lara yesterday at a very arctic like Burdoo reserve. Grovey dominated all day although the cats hit the front mid way thru the 2nd quarter, 2 late goals to end the half gave Grovey a 9 point lead at half time.

Grovey dominated the 3rd quarter but a wasteful 4.10 saw us lead by 31 points at 3/4 time.. Ventured over to the cats huddle to hear one of there "star" players say " these guys are shit, we're 6 and 1 for a reason ".. Well didnt those words backfire as the cats couldn't fire a shot with the strong breeze in the last conceding 3 goals to 1 and going down by 41 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know much about this Aaron Jones that kicked 13 for St Albans yesterday? Fair effort out of 18.

St Joeys just fell short again makes it hard for them to make the finals now I reckon they wont go any better than 5-5 on their final 10 games IMO maybe even worse. That will put them 9-9 at the end of the season, Leopold & Lara only needing to win 4 out of the last 10 to finish ahead in 4th & 5th.

I think Leopold will just scrape in with the hardest run home in Rds 16-18
Lara may go 6-4 and take 4th spot.

Interesting next 10 weeks anyway.

Does anyone know much about this Aaron Jones that kicked 13 for St Albans yesterday? Fair effort out of 18.

St Joeys just fell short again makes it hard for them to make the finals now I reckon they wont go any better than 5-5 on their final 10 games IMO maybe even worse. That will put them 9-9 at the end of the season, Leopold & Lara only needing to win 4 out of the last 10 to finish ahead in 4th & 5th.

I think Leopold will just scrape in with the hardest run home in Rds 16-18
Lara may go 6-4 and take 4th spot.

Interesting next 10 weeks anyway.

You'd think St Joeys would be the only team outside the top5 that could sneak in.. I think Leopold have proved themselves to be a legitimate contender and will beat a few good sides in the run home espicially out at Memorial park.

Lara have had the best draw out of any side this year and having just looked at the fixture id imagine they mite just hold onto a top 5 spot.. Only play Sth,St Marys and Leopold once and still have to play Nth Shore, St Albans, West and Newtown again.

Round 18- Lara vs St Joeys at the snake pit could determine the final spot in the 5 imo.

Very good win by Grovey against what must be called an in-form Lara side. Arctic like conditions? Always arctic-like this time of the year at Burdoo, especially when the Grovedale doctor comes in about 3pm. I was at the St Albans game. Jones kicked 13.4 and had 7 at the half. Hence, kicked 6 in what was mostly driving or easing rain. Probably only about 6 of the goals came from set shots with most coming from general play. Touch of the Fevolas about him as probably manufactured about 5 goals from half-chances and nice snaps. Quite mobile and slippery for a bloke who is well-built and about 6'2". West looked the better side early but couldn't make the most of the chances St Albans gave them and then the home side ran away a bit before West played well at the end of the third term to close to within 14 at the last change. St Albans however, played out of their skins in the last quarter to march away. St Joeys got close but the final margin means little as it still sits them outside the 5. I still think they will be lucky to make it.

Anyone know anything about the incident in the first quarter against North Shore that left Leopold youngster Jesse Lothian with a broken jaw?

Pretty interesting goalkicking chart. The top 2 guys in the league goalkicking are from sides that are struggling/wont feature in finals so not a bad effort from Jones and Donohue, Does this normally happen? obviously McLean is a freak and has been out for half the year to date but it either says the competition is getting better and sides are more team orientated which means these lesser sides aren't and have a bit of a 1 man forward line, (like Grovey and St Albans) or these 2 guys can really play.?

Anyone know anything about the incident in the first quarter against North Shore that left Leopold youngster Jesse Lothian with a broken jaw?

Going by the addy on monday apprently it was a high bump. Havnt heard anything about it since tho Leopold were launching an investigation so it may take awhile to pan out?

Pretty interesting goalkicking chart. The top 2 guys in the league goalkicking are from sides that are struggling/wont feature in finals so not a bad effort from Jones and Donohue, Does this normally happen? obviously McLean is a freak and has been out for half the year to date but it either says the competition is getting better and sides are more team orientated which means these lesser sides aren't and have a bit of a 1 man forward line, (like Grovey and St Albans) or these 2 guys can really play.?

Anyone who can kick 13 goals in a game must be a half decent player you'd imagine, and like I said before the season buck is going be an exceptional GFL player.

Buck really should be leading the goal kicking by a fair margain but his kicking is a tad astray at times. Kicked 6.7 on saturday and there's been a few games this year where he's kicked 4/5 points in a game.

as lucky as they may be, they are clearly the best side in the comp.
typical statement from a west player, arrogant without knowing a thing about the game
in saying that i was there to see the game and south actually looked slow compared to the young west side. whether it was because the pressure of south being best team in the comp or not west had there chances to win the game, saunders missed 1 in the last couple of minutes and i think there ruckmen had a chance as well, either way south walked away with the 4 points and west are still stuck down the bottom end of the ladder

as lucky as they may be, they are clearly the best side in the comp.
typical statement from a west player, arrogant without knowing a thing about the game

That's hilarious.

Pretty sure the word arrogant better suits the Newtown crowd than poor old West Saints.

Talk about wet behind the ears.

south barwon are hacks!
lucky to get away with the win today

We might just put this down as a comment said in the heat of emotion after your side had just gone down in a game we all thought you'd get anihilated!! South still clearly the best side in it mate.

Saw North Shore for the first time yesterday and they'd have to be the youngest side ive ever seen in GFL football. They're obviously a fair way off at the moment but they definately have a crack and dont drop there heads which is a good sign. Byrnes is a great pick up and was there best player yesterday, hopefully he'll continue playing for the seagulls as he's a great on field leader for a young inexperienced footy side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back