GFL Geelong Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitch Herbison to Grovedale?? Can anyone confirm he is close to signing as it was on the BFL website.

Mitch Herbison to Grovedale?? Can anyone confirm he is close to signing as it was on the BFL website.

Anything more on the Grovedale coaching position. I have heard Sherman and Verfuth have been in talks in the last week.

Anything more on the Grovedale coaching position. I have heard Sherman and Verfuth have been in talks in the last week.

Where did you hear this? Surely Verfuth will still be coaching South wouldn't he? Havnt heard anymore on the coaching position as yet tho. Also if its true about Herbison signing for Grovey how good of a pick up will he be??

Belmont Lions Premiership player Ash Bogan has signed with Grovedale. Anyone know what type of player he is? Will he make an impact in the GFL?

Where did you hear this? Surely Verfuth will still be coaching South wouldn't he? Havnt heard anymore on the coaching position as yet tho. Also if its true about Herbison signing for Grovey how good of a pick up will he be??

Id say he could be a very handy pickup but needs to be pushed. Quite sort of bloke. He didn't push himself at BFL very often but when he did he was class.
For someone who trained at a very high level with vfl it didn't translate into a dominate season in the BFL. Has a lot of improvement in him. He's a good mark and strong over the ball. Pretty good on both sides of the body.

Id say he could be a very handy pickup but needs to be pushed. Quite sort of bloke. He didn't push himself at BFL very often but when he did he was class.
For someone who trained at a very high level with vfl it didn't translate into a dominate season in the BFL. Has a lot of improvement in him. He's a good mark and strong over the ball. Pretty good on both sides of the body.

So has he signed yet or is it just speculation at this stage?

Has it been confirmed that Peter Davenport is now the Senior Coach of St Albans? If so, is he likely to be able to muster a few cattle to lift the Saints a few rungs?

Has it been confirmed that Peter Davenport is now the Senior Coach of St Albans? If so, is he likely to be able to muster a few cattle to lift the Saints a few rungs?

He'll tell you that he's bringing all these guns from gippy coz he thinks the elinbank district league is the best thing going round and they'll generally end up being duds. St Albans will be down the bottom for years to come if they continue with there recent recruiting efforts.

He'll tell you that he's bringing all these guns from gippy coz he thinks the elinbank district league is the best thing going round and they'll generally end up being duds. St Albans will be down the bottom for years to come if they continue with there recent recruiting efforts.

geez tim that no way to talk about a mate like that. earlier this year you were pissin in his pocket now your shottin him down. some mate you are. why doesnt he recruit you

geez tim that no way to talk about a mate like that. earlier this year you were pissin in his pocket now your shottin him down. some mate you are. why doesnt he recruit you

Just a bit of humour boy obviously something that eludes you in your daily grind thru life. The comment about dud recruits was i thought an obviousl reference to blokes like potter,nawrocki and watts and not directed at pete at all. If you go back a few pages you'll see i actually wished him all the best whilst everyone else was potting him. I hope he does do some good out there, i just cant see them getting anywhere near the top 8 sides anytime soon.

Just a bit of humour boy obviously something that eludes you in your daily grind thru life. The comment about dud recruits was i thought an obviousl reference to blokes like potter,nawrocki and watts and not directed at pete at all. If you go back a few pages you'll see i actually wished him all the best whilst everyone else was potting him. I hope he does do some good out there, i just cant see them getting anywhere near the top 8 sides anytime soon.
Would not be surprised to see him walk out half way thro the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that based on his personality/type or the prospects of the team?

Basically its not based on anything except his dislike of anyone who's played at Grovey the past 5 years. He doesnt know Pete personally and has no reasons for the comment he made. Davenport has played 2 seasons at Grovey and 1 at Bell Park and besides an incident 3 years ago where he left the field in the last game of the year, Davs never walked out on a club.

Basically its not based on anything except his dislike of anyone who's played at Grovey the past 5 years. He doesnt know Pete personally and has no reasons for the comment he made. Davenport has played 2 seasons at Grovey and 1 at Bell Park and besides an incident 3 years ago where he left the field in the last game of the year, Davs never walked out on a club.

That is like saying he isn't a thief apart from the time 5 years ago when he stole something :D

tim you seem to know a bit about peter davenport, i was reading the paper where he reckons he can bring guys from interstate is this true or just more bullshit coming from this guys mouth. he will need a lot of players because there aint much to work with at the super saints

tim you seem to know a bit about peter davenport, i was reading the paper where he reckons he can bring guys from interstate is this true or just more bullshit coming from this guys mouth. he will need a lot of players because there aint much to work with at the super saints

Yeah not to sure who he knows from interstate mate maybe some blokes thru his brother playing at Port Adelaide. I dont think we'll have much of an idea on who he can get untill round 1 next season. Hopefully tho he can do a better job at recruiting than what St Albans have recently coz as you said there aint much to work with at the moment. Keeping draga is a massive bonus tho and who knows maybe Pete will suprise everyone and get the supersaints up and about again.

Strong rumour going around the traps at Grovedale that Adam Donahue has signed for them? anyone confirm this? any other clubs speaking to him? Has obviously been told he is no longer required at the gfc and must not want to pursue an afl career.

Davenport would want to live up to his promises this time because he could either bring St Albans up a fair way or he could turn them into the absolute laughing stock of this competition. Dont think he will be a good coach but time will tell.

Anyone heard of any Bfl guns wanting to move into the gfl? Herbision is one i have heard of.

Strong rumour going around the traps at Grovedale that Adam Donahue has signed for them? anyone confirm this? any other clubs speaking to him? Has obviously been told he is no longer required at the gfc and must not want to pursue an afl career.

Anyone heard of any Bfl guns wanting to move into the gfl? Herbision is one i have heard of.

Have also heard that buck is signed on at Grovey but you'd think he'd put his hat into the draft ring and see what happens. Mate of mine that plays at Barwon Heads told me that Herbison met with Grovey but has decided to stay at Barwon Heads.

Not hearing good things out of StAlbans re 2010
May be a large exodus brewing??

The only bloke to have officially applied for the Grovedale coaching job at this stage is Tim Sherman. Very rare for anyone from South Barwon to cross to Grovey or vice versa but he could be a very good get for the tigers. Having a bloke of his experience and quality could be a good thing for Grovey's talented youngsters and it should help entice some good recruits out to Burdoo Drive.

The only bloke to have officially applied for the Grovedale coaching job at this stage is Tim Sherman. Very rare for anyone from South Barwon to cross to Grovey or vice versa but he could be a very good get for the tigers. Having a bloke of his experience and quality could be a good thing for Grovey's talented youngsters and it should help entice some good recruits out to Burdoo Drive.

Saw Grovey had an ad in the paper on Saturday for the job. Obviously still looking for more applicants. Sherman would seem a good get though.

Hayden Graham and Wayne Barrett are leaving Bell Park. Jesse Mawson is leaving South Barwon. The 3 of them will be moving up to the Gold Coast in january. The deal has been done with the Southport Sharks which includes jobs,accommodation and match payments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back