GFL Geelong Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
they have family connections and a lot of friends there, obviously that means more to them than immediate success which is fair enough i reckon...
Any Bell Park boys following them Tomma? I heard fringe players like Piggott, Hill and Ricardo are a chance.

as far as i'm aware daniel pigott isnt going anywhere, nick hill and brad watach have gone to barwon heads...

i wouldnt call ricardo a fringe player whispers haha i dont know what he plans on doing but i dont think the dragons heirarchy would be overly concerned if if goes with talarico...

...and Paul Rogers new Assistant coach at Bell park...where is he from?..and what will he add?

terrible recriut if this is true. good on grovedale for getting rid of this twit who doesnt know a thing about football........... what will he add you ask shad? he will add about as much as wayne barret did, not much

Boy wonder pretty strong views there!...So from what u r saying...not a big step forward getting this guy on board...Does he play or just an Assistant?
So Bell Park seem to be losing a few...are they picking up much?...MUst be a bit of pressure on fitzy I imagine

Boy wonder pretty strong views there!...So from what u r saying...not a big step forward getting this guy on board...Does he play or just an Assistant?
So Bell Park seem to be losing a few...are they picking up much?...MUst be a bit of pressure on fitzy I imagine

Kristian Bucavaz and Nic Sutcliffe are pretty good recruits, 2 key position players and im sure Bucavaz will be much better than Hayden Graham who had a reasonable year but i think Bucavaz will prove to be a good get

yeah I agree Bucovaz (and Sutcliffe?)...good pick ups..and Hayden Graham....sheesh...how did he do well..I still don't understand it..

Sutcliffe not entirely convinced ..may be a bit light tho' and a bit slow..and I've seen that he is terrible below his knees..

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the Geelong west St Peters football club?
What are their facilities like?
Are they a good team?

And also how does GFL rate against WGLFL?

any info will be a great help thanks.

Howdy Lime Falvoured elmo....are you loooking for a team to support or play for?
Facilities wise...I think are quite good...good ground, very big..good new surface..
Are they a good team..not really..I think they will struggle for a couple of years...they lost 2 of their star players to rival clubs next season...this will leave them with a massive hole..I think their recruiting has tended to be short term focussed and not about getting good people who will contribute to teh club over a mid to longer period. Most GFL pundits would say they are a good chance for a bottom3 finish in 2010.

What league exactly is WGFL?....

I think its fair to say that GFL is a very strong league..most teams are full of ex AFL, Ex VFL or up and coming players..

Hope that helps a bit??

Limey..I will add...in my experience though...they are good people at the club(Geelong West)..I only hear good things about the Committe etc...they are positioned in a difficult area..wedged between clubs with not a great area to collect juniors from..

Can anyone please share some/any info on clubs that have been going under the guard i.e Colac, Lara, Leopold and Who have St Albans got?

WGLFL is West Gippsland Latrobe Football League... Sale,Maffra,Traralgon, Morwell, Moe, Leongatha,Wonthaggi, drouin, warragul. 9 club comp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ive been told hes now going to work full time at either geelong or st kilda and wont be playing local footy at all...

Tend to agree with Tommahawk on this one. For a bloke who would want to get straight into AFL Development/Assistant Coaching; I see little incentive for him to be playing GFL. Would there be any coaches involved with the AFL that are still playing some sort of footy?; wouldn't think so. Can't see him playing GFL footy for a couple of years before he gets into the coaching scene; his reasons for retiring (well, those stated anyway) were to get into the Development side of things; taking a detour seems strange at this point.

Tend to agree with Tommahawk on this one. For a bloke who would want to get straight into AFL Development/Assistant Coaching; I see little incentive for him to be playing GFL. Would there be any coaches involved with the AFL that are still playing some sort of footy?; wouldn't think so. Can't see him playing GFL footy for a couple of years before he gets into the coaching scene; his reasons for retiring (well, those stated anyway) were to get into the Development side of things; taking a detour seems strange at this point.

I think there are a few who still enjoy a run around, Harvey played Ammos last year for starters.

Ron Watt still pulls on the boots at Bannockburn

big news form Lara that Daniel Donati will be pulling on the boots. The guy is an absolute tossbag, he loves that the fact that he got drafted by Richmond to play no games & loves the sound of his own voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back