GFL Geelong Football League - 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in melb for the weekend but I'll be watching our big game Sat night Tim. No chances of the rivalry subsiding as long as Derm is around. & nothing like upsetting an opposition coach to get things moving - just like running through a 3/4 time huddle. Hawks have to win it. No excuses now & hopefully it will be another cracker.

Well i was prepared to stop my complaining about the obvious prefrence St Marys get over other clubs in Geelong but todays ablettiser has left me with no choice but to bring it up again...

Nathan Saunders from GWSP receivs a 1 match ban for abusing an umpire in his sides loss to Newtown on the wknd. St Marys Bryce Vincent cops 3 weeks for what is the biggest dog act you can do on a footy field, kicking a North Shore player and lo and behold the whole article is dedicated to Saunders from GWSP.

If you get caught abusing an umpire you deserve your penalty dont get me wrong but surely a bloke getting done for kicking an opponent is a worse charge therefor surely its more newsworthy?? Id hate to imagine the uproar if poor old Saunders had got done for kicking or a player from a less "afluent" area... It'd be front page news id reckn.

Just wondering if there is anywhere to find the GFL and BFL interleague squads for 2010 that were apparently announnced yesterday.
Cheers

GFL INTERLEAGUE SQUAD

Bell Park - Jackson Sheringham, Tim Sheringham, Nick Batchelor, Jason Graham, Ben Armstrong

Colac - Dean Felekos, Jake McGuane, Dan Jeffreys, Travis Woodmason, Micah Buchanan

Grovedale - Adam Donohue, Daine Taylor

GWSP - Andrew Walsh

Lara - Tristan Mountjoy, Sam Clark, Ben Harris

Leopold - Kevin Bourke, Matthew Miller, Jeremy Larcombe

Newtown - Rob Condy, Jacob Spolding

North Shore - Nathan Peoples

St Albans - Marc Dragicevic

St Josephs - Daniel Lovick, Dale Carson, Paul Carson, Luke Forbes, Cory Bauer, Peter Street, Paul Minnie, Torin Baker

St Marys - Matthew Hebbard, Josh Eddy, Ben Lavars, Andrew McLean, Josh Maddox, James Cail, David Clarke, Andrew Merriman

South Barwon - Daniel Kee, Luke Buckland, Jarrod Westwood, Mark Corrigan, James Garvey, Michael McFarlane, Paul Sullivan, Michael Barker, Clinton Wells, Bryn Weadon

Thoughts?? Anyone care to put up what they think the final squad/team will be? Very handy squad if you ask me.

Fancy pants were more 70's, just like you and your perm Vinny. The umpires now wear black shorts. Not too fancy I would think.

So how many ambos are based at reserves footy making endless trips to the Geelong base, more trips are made when the fancy pants are running around worrying about how pretty they look running backwards

when are geelong west st peters going to wake up to themselves, his a liability. He even abuses umps in intra club matches. As for St Marys remember Tim you can't touch em.

By the way Tim how did you blokes allow Colac into the GFL being the Tigers ? Eddie wouldn't let Port do it in the AFL

How the #$%@ does an umpire umpire as if he is in the Port of Echuca Hotel. Sounds like Vinny Cat has had 6 too many in the PoE. Then again, this would probably improve his judgement.

Tim you didnt miss much, just the usual stuff running around looking pretty paying crap free kicks that no one else at Leopold could see. They umpired as if they were in the Port of Echuca Hotel, you cant touch em

GFL INTERLEAGUE SQUAD

Bell Park - Jackson Sheringham, Tim Sheringham, Nick Batchelor, Jason Graham, Ben Armstrong

Colac - Dean Felekos, Jake McGuane, Dan Jeffreys, Travis Woodmason, Micah Buchanan

GWSP - Andrew Walsh

St Josephs - Daniel Lovick, Dale Carson, Paul Carson, Luke Forbes, Cory Bauer, Peter Street, Paul Minnie, Torin Baker

St Marys - Matthew Hebbard, Josh Eddy, Ben Lavars, Andrew McLean, Josh Maddox, James Cail, David Clarke, Andrew Merriman

South Barwon - Daniel Kee, Luke Buckland, Jarrod Westwood, Mark Corrigan, James Garvey, Michael McFarlane, Paul Sullivan, Michael Barker, Clinton Wells, Bryn Weadon

Thoughts?? Anyone care to put up what they think the final squad/team will be? Very handy squad if you ask me.

Wouldn't mind be a coach with these players at my disposal. Is Westwood the most dangerous/hard to match up player going round these days?

Do you know the BFL squad?

Well i was prepared to stop my complaining about the obvious prefrence St Marys get over other clubs in Geelong but todays ablettiser has left me with no choice but to bring it up again...

Nathan Saunders from GWSP receivs a 1 match ban for abusing an umpire in his sides loss to Newtown on the wknd. St Marys Bryce Vincent cops 3 weeks for what is the biggest dog act you can do on a footy field, kicking a North Shore player and lo and behold the whole article is dedicated to Saunders from GWSP.

If you get caught abusing an umpire you deserve your penalty dont get me wrong but surely a bloke getting done for kicking an opponent is a worse charge therefor surely its more newsworthy?? Id hate to imagine the uproar if poor old Saunders had got done for kicking or a player from a less "afluent" area... It'd be front page news id reckn.

Just read the article in the Addy. I think the tribunal's 11pm finish might have contributed to the lack of detail about the Vincent case. Sounds like it would make an interesting story but there is very little chance any Addy 'Journo' will follow it up. They are probably all busy working on the latest liftout to celebrate the 2009 Geelong flag - or the 2007 flag - or '63 - or '52.

Just read the article in the Addy. I think the tribunal's 11pm finish might have contributed to the lack of detail about the Vincent case. Sounds like it would make an interesting story but there is very little chance any Addy 'Journo' will follow it up. They are probably all busy working on the latest liftout to celebrate the 2009 Geelong flag - or the 2007 flag - or '63 - or '52.

The journo did mention the case didn't finish till 11 so he was obviously still there?

I seem to remember a big write up about a Werribee Centrals getting 22 weeks for kicking in 08 or 09 and also from a few years back when Tyquin got a hefty ban for kicking a Belmont player whilst playing for Inverleigh.

GFL INTERLEAGUE SQUAD

Obviously the squad is picked on reputation and not form or talent if this goose is picked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By the way Tim how did you blokes allow Colac into the GFL being the Tigers ? Eddie wouldn't let Port do it in the AFL

Unfortunately Vin we dont have a larger than life figure like Eddie out at Burdoo.

Not sure how they got away with it, they had to change there jumpers when they joined GFL but they probably should've been made to change there colours and nick name aswell.

exactly mate they had to change their jumper design anyway, if they were so worried about their history they would be still in the Hampden League. Truth be known they are better off back there, no one in Geelong rates them anyway. Look at past rep sides hardly a player from the Colac side

exactly mate they had to change their jumper design anyway, if they were so worried about their history they would be still in the Hampden League. Truth be known they are better off back there, no one in Geelong rates them anyway. Look at past rep sides hardly a player from the Colac side

I think Grovey rate them mate, or at least they should coz i think Colac have only lost to us once or twice!! Not sure why they wouldn't be rated tho, they've been alot better than most other sides in the past 8 years.

And the trip up the highway was always a great piss up even tho we'd never come home with the 4 points:D

GFL INTERLEAGUE SQUAD

GWSP - Andrew Walsh

Officially a joke. 49 players selected. 26 midfielders. Where is the balance between players selected to try and win it for you and players being selected as reward for a good season or two. With all respect to our new ruckman Walsh, he will be a good player for us but hasn't even been in the best players yet in our first three games. He would be behind those other ruckman selected. Luke Sharry however would be amongst the best defenders in the comp over the past couple of seasons, rarely gets beaten and is in the best each week. Liam Rock has also been very solid over the past year. I agree about the comment on Clarke, surprised they didn't pick Johnson as well. And did Tristan Mountjoy not even play last year?! What is his selection based on? Peter Street despite being 7 foot doesn't set the comp on fire either. 26 of 49 players also are from Joeys, Marys or Sth Bar and another 5 from Bell Park and Colac, so that's 36 out of 49 (nearly 75%) of the squad from 4 clubs out of a 12 team comp. Maybe the selectors should have another go at it. It's a fine line between rewarding players and picking a team to win it but fair dinkum. I'm not wearing my West hat here either; probably only have two or three worthy of the honour at present.

The GFL should limit the age for representatives to be 25 and under.
Why would Clarke play Interleague, he has played at the highest level, give the younger blokes something to strive for.
If there is any interest out there, the young blokes should be given the opportunity.
Seriously, the days of picking 30 year old blokes playing interleague should be long gone.
Selectors, have some plums and go out on a limb and pick the best young side you can.
Football Geelong come out and say it is serious and that all players selected should strive for a game, well pick young blokes who are keen you trumpet heads

you have to be joking, the young blokes are spoon fed by the TAC Cup system from a very young age. Reward any Senior player not just the kids. It's up to the selectors to select the right players, leave out blokes that don't want to play. Leave them at home, reward guys that want to play for the love of it, not the blokes that are only playing for the chequebook. If the selectors can't find 25 guys that will play for the jumper sack them and find some selectors that can. GFL have to start putting results on the board, history doesn't quite show that the GFL is the best country comp in the land like a few lay claims too.

Vinny Cat, seriously get off the needle mate.
I said pick blokes that are 25 and under, not all players have come from the TAC.
Its not about making the GFL the best country league, its about developing players and giving them experience in this sort of competition.
People will argue about which league is the best whether you win the comp or not because it will come down to the old argument, but our best players don't want to play.
Wake up and smell the roses.
Interleague has lost its mojo anyway.
Revamp the concept and maybe people will show more interest.
I watched a game a few years back and there were more GFL "hangers on" than players.
So called support staff outnumbered players two to one.

Sorry I will spell it out for you, I will keep it simple. Why continue to baby the under 25's? If they were any good they would have played in rep sides for u/14, u/15, u/16, u/18 and so on. Reward players across the board was what I was trying to say.
It's only lost it's mojo because some big heads think their leagues are better than they are. How many Title have the GFL won ? Hardly the superpower some claim the League is.

Come on brown sugar, name names, who should be in the squad that missed. The comp is so one sided there should be 2 divisions

Ben Kennedy from Bell Park worth a punt, Peter Hardy and James Walker from Leopold, Brett Jackman from St Joeys (won their B&F last year I think), Paul Waldron from Grovey and as mentioned Sharry, Rock and maybe Stewart from GWSP.

Hey stiff motors you think I am on the needle, how's this bloke. Another St Joeys player, why don't we pick the whole St Joeys team. 3 players from Geelong West, he's kidding. What's your membership number at Wests Brown Sugar ? Open both eyes

Hey stiff motors you think I am on the needle, how's this bloke. Another St Joeys player, why don't we pick the whole St Joeys team. 3 players from Geelong West, he's kidding. What's your membership number at Wests Brown Sugar ? Open both eyes

Would have Jackman over Mountjoy, D Clarke,team mate Torin Baker and most other midfielders anyday. If there is one bloke who should count himself stiff to miss out, it should be Jackman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back