Geelong > Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: hawks= no future

but dont you guys only have 7 or 8 MCG games next year?? I bet there some unhappy hawks about that. somebody got stooged
Well yes we only have 8 MCG games, but 7 of those are home - we got stooged by the AFL, not the club.

Anyway this is an absolutely rubbish thread, I know a few Cats fans in the real world and they as a whole are generally alright people, this Geelong_26 guy is the notable exception.

He is Healy without the laughter.

im not gonna bag geelong because of one nuff nuff i dont mind the cats they had a bad year, but next year will be big one to see if they can get back up there or whether or not they are on the slide .

As for the hawks were pretty happy with where we're at but next year is a big one for us too .Certainly wouldnt want to go backwards from this year and would want to knock off a couple of top sides as that was the one thing we struggled with this year .

(I was) Just wondering when are Hawthorn ever going to be a reasonable football side that can make the finals? Five years in a row Hawthorn have missed out on the finals and they don't look like making it any time soon.

The young players on that list are no good, I know Hawthorn supporters think that Franklin is going to be a champion, but that is just because they need something to hang their hat on. Lance Franklin is a player who relies on other players to do the hard work for him as he just sits at the back of the pack and gets all these easy goals. (He) should not be rated as a footballer at all.

Another player that Hawk supporters like to boast about is Luke Hodge. Luke Hodge is no where near as good as Hawthorn supporters would make out, and I have the facts to prove it. In 01 Hawthorn made a preliminary final. Look what happened to Hawthorn when one Mr Luke Hodge arrived the next year. In fact, how many finals have Hawthorn played in since Luke Hodge arrived? Well yeah, he really must be a great player then.

Absolutely nothing to like about this Hawthorn side. Poor defence, poor midfield, poor forward line.

The only good thing Hawthorn had was a good ruckman in Spida Everitt and he is gone now. There is only one good player currently on Hawthorns list who can win a match and that is Shane Crawford but, he is getting toward the end of his career and cannot be relied upon simply because of his age. There is a lot of crap being said by Hawthorn supporters; that they are the sleeping giants, but they will be saying the same thing in three years time when that dud Luke Hodge has spent eight years in the AFL and still hasn't played one finals match.
There you go geelongcrazy26, I edited your diatribe to make it more comprehensible.

A passable trolling effort although you need to remember to spell out your numbers and use the correct spelling of their, there or they're. You must also capitalise your words at the start of a sentence and for a name.

I was impressed with your spelling, with only a couple of minor spelling mistakes. Well done, you get an elephant stamp.

There you go geelongcrazy26, I edited your diatribe to make it more comprehensible.

A passable trolling effort, although you need to remember to spell out your numbers and use the correct spelling of their, there or they're. You must also capitalise your words at the start of a sentence and for a name.

I was impressed with your spelling, with only a couple of minor spelling mistakes. Well done, you get an elephant stamp.

If you are going to make a point about punctuation & spelling, you should ensure your corrections are precise. You look as silly as the original poster.

Hawthorns & no where... :eek:

Have a good day.

1980's 4 flags *82,86, 87,89
1990's 1 flag *91
2000's 0 flag but might in 2009 or 2010.

Geelong
1980's NO FLAGS
1990's NO FLAGS
2000's NO FLAGS and missed opportunity in 2004, 2005. Ever agin in the 2000's??? i doubt it. How?? harley is a woos and ablett is only 1 little dude.

Dont give the hawks crap they have every right to brag after 8 grand final appearances in under 25 years!!!!! :mad:

1990's 1 flag *91

Geelong
1980's NO FLAGS
1990's NO FLAGS
2000's NO FLAGS and missed opportunity in 2004, 2005. Ever agin in the 2000's??? i doubt it. How?? harley is a woos and ablett is only 1 little dude.

Dont give the hawks crap they have every right to brag after 8 grand final appearances in under 25 years!!!!! :mad:

Well, thanks for the stats, you are probably an expert in not winning flags.
Way to go, chastise a (maybe?) cats fan for talking about another club, when you support the losingest bloody side in history!

Bulldogs:

1800s - NO FLAGS
1900s - 1 FLAG SOMEWHERE?
2000s - NO FLAGS
2100-5000 - NO FLAGS

and harley is a woos is he? have a go at your little team of dodgers - cooney? gilbee? eagleton? what a bunch of nancies!

1990's 1 flag *91

Geelong
1980's NO FLAGS
1990's NO FLAGS

Hawks won flags in 83, 86, 88, 89 just for your records.

What is with these Geelong Nuff Nuffs................the last time Geelong won anything the wheel had only just been invented.

Hawks won flags in 83, 86, 88, 89 just for your records.

What is with these Geelong Nuff Nuffs................the last time Geelong won anything the wheel had only just been invented.

haha if you look you'll notice that he is a bulldogs supporter.

anyway, the team you support should not mean you cant comment on other teams...

Dont worry about them Geelong fans. When they are successful in next years preseason comp. They will think they are it and abit before they fold once more. No way known they should re new Thompson. His time is up.

One thing is for Hawthorn they are on the way up with there young kids. Give em time. I would rather see them do well then stupid geelong that have ******** all going for em :)

Dont worry about them Geelong fans. When they are successful in next years preseason comp. They will think they are it and abit before they fold once more. No way known they should re new Thompson. His time is up.

One thing is for Hawthorn they are on the way up with there young kids. Give em time. I would rather see them do well then stupid geelong that have ******** all going for em :)

Well, I guess at least we do something that gives our supporters reason to hope. If I was a tigers supporter I would have ended it all years ago.

Geelong_Crazy26, worry about your own team you tool.

That's what the rest of us do :(

FWIW, I think the Hawks are on the right track. Obviously they caned us in our two matches in 2006 and I'd say we had 'Mad Monday' on our mind in the most recent clash but the Hawks showed they were a well drilled and enthusastic combination in that Round 3 owning of the Catters at home.

I reckon they'll make the eight in 2008.

hawthorns problems

i still cant see any light at this long dark tunnel for the hawthorn football club, the young players on this list are no good at all. the problem is that hawthorn cannot recruit the right players for example: taking hodge over judd and taking roughhead over griffen and taking xavier ellis with their number 1 pick last year.
pelchen is an absolute fool and a new recruiting manager is needed. another problem is that hawthorn seem to be creating some dillusion about how good players such as franklin and hodge are. these 2 are good players but they are nothing special, hodge isnt even in the top 30 players in the AFL, and franklin as of next year when the super draft players come in such as tom hawkins will not be in the top 10 young players in the AFL.

another fantasy that hawthorn supporters seem to have is that waverley is the best training facilitie in the game, yes it is a good training facilitie but it is not the best, the lexus centre is without doubt the best.

mayby what hawthorn needs is a decent president who is going to have a hard look at the problems that his miserable club has and come up with a stradegy to solve them instead of shooting his mouth off and telling other clubs what to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: hawthorns problems

crawford- to old
hodge- dosent have a bib enough influence in matches lots of usless stats to his name(dont forget you took him instead of judd, what great recruiting you have)
mitchel- to slow, cant kick, the game is going past him
croad- not good enough to stay at freo
franklin-will never be a power forward and all his goals are easy ones as he just sits at the back of the pack and lets others do all the hard work
williams- has been worked out and will stuggle next year

Re: hawthorns problems

crawford- to old
hodge- dosent have a bib enough influence in matches lots of usless stats to his name(dont forget you took him instead of judd, what great recruiting you have)
mitchel- to slow, cant kick, the game is going past him
croad- not good enough to stay at freo
franklin-will never be a power forward and all his goals are easy ones as he just sits at the back of the pack and lets others do all the hard work
williams- has been worked out and will stuggle next year
your right, hodge doesnt have a BIB enough influence
never heard of this "Mitchel" kid
Franklin wasnt drafted to be a power forward, you ****************, he was drafted to be a tall mobile forward, his speed for such a tall player is what makes him a good player
Williams will Stuggle next year,
croad left fremantle to go back to the hawks to become an all australian, not bad for a reject

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong > Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back