Geelong loses by $600,000 by the AFL Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

>A< said:
It will ALWAYS be questioned by too many as to how the Lions won 4 premierships in a row. Collingwood lost the 2002 Grand Final by $600,000 and now it was Geelongs turn. C'mon Port, kick the cheating barstids heads in. :mad:

But Geelong are only paying 95% of their salary cap

LethalsLegion said:
Yes, it's terribly inconvenient of me to have an opposing opinion, sorry about that, but unless I woke up in red China today, I am still entitled to it.
As for cutting and pasting, why should I be the only one to exert any creativity when you guys talk about the same thing over and over again on a dozen different threads?

Don't give us this 'why should I be the only one to exert any creativity' hogwash. You're the only one we know of that cut's and pastes entire posts into into multiple threads.

That's not discussion - that's called forum spamming - a quite legitimate reason for being banned.

konstas_87 said:
you are an absolute m0ron, its as if they have all the benefits of essendon or collingwood yet still get the 600k. wake up to urself and stop making excuses u sore loser. nevertheless, im not goin to waste my time explaining the cap to u, because its obviously not worth my trouble. Winners are grinners, and losers can please themselves.
Explain.

eddie27 said:
So you're saying there's no advantage in not having to have 2 long flights (especially for Lynch) and a hostile crowd. In the Advertiser today they quoted Wayne Jackson saying that the vics all whinge about the salary cap concessions yet never say a word about the screwed finals contract. The reason they won the premierships was a good coach and great team management.
The SCC is something the AFL has in their power to change, the MCC contract is something the AFL has in their power to change in about 30 years.

No one is arguing pro the MCC contract, I think it exposes the AFL board for the pack of little boys they are.

The Old Dark Navy's said:
LOL and another one can't control his emotions and decides to show the world what a moron he is. There is still one week to go, we can expect a million of these and half will be from Pies supporters who are about to see their record matched.

Let's see, every time Brisbane win, it is because of their 600k cap extension. They got McRae and Hart off the ground early, there's 600k for you right there.

600k X 18 matches won thus far in 2004 = 10.8 million cap concession so far. ;)

Enjoy your week.
Hmmmm just because they have 'built' some players of their own doesnt mean they should be exempt from feeling the pressures of trying to keep their list together after a season.

Essendon. Out: Caracella, Heffernan, Blumfield.. all while they were playing well. SCC doing what it's supposed to, levelling up the competition.

On average each club will be without 3 of its best 22 at any given time, Brisbane therefore are not.... ever.

xplo said:
Don't give us this 'why should I be the only one to exert any creativity' hogwash. You're the only one we know of that cut's and pastes entire posts into into multiple threads.

That's not discussion - that's called forum spamming - a quite legitimate reason for being banned.
Oh I'll give it to you until you say something unbiased and original

And ps:
I was priveledged to sit in the Kevin Murray stand long before you and this team were a dribble down the AFL's inner thigh

LethalsLegion said:
The concessions have become an embarrassment, would we have got over the line last night without them? I dont think so, but others may disagree. It is disturbing that we made the decision to use half the retention fund as incentive payments for excellence, that is an administrative blunder in the current climate, it is akin to giving a few bucks to a bum for a meal only to have him go buy alcohol with it, making the AFL look foolish is not the way to hold onto those concessions, if we dont use the retention fund for the purpose of retaining players then we are just asking for trouble and can rightly expect the ire of other clubs.

After reading over your posts in which you have cut/copy this same spiel it angers me that you would actually sign up as a 'Lions' supporter to further your arguement.
Your a brisbane supporter that 99% of your posts of been condemning the salary cap.
Get lost idiot!
Moderators surely you can see people with same Ip adresses/alter egos and ban the buggers so they can stop flooding the board with garbage its getting bloody ridiculous.

LethalsLegion said:
Oh I'll give it to you until you say something unbiased and original

And ps:
I was priveledged to sit in the Kevin Murray stand long before you and this team were a dribble down the AFL's inner thigh

hahahahaha ,... 'this team' you call it? Not 'your' team....not 'lethals legion'? Well you're doing a great job convincing us all of your true Lions credentials.

Keep up the buffoonery.

Melbourne Lion said:
After reading over your posts in which you have cut/copy this same spiel it angers me that you would actually sign up as a 'Lions' supporter to further your arguement.
Your a brisbane supporter that 99% of your posts of been condemning the salary cap.
Get lost idiot!
Moderators surely you can see people with same Ip adresses/alter egos and ban the buggers so they can stop flooding the board with garbage its getting bloody ridiculous.
Check my ip addy then moron, and I'll expect an apology if you are man enough

xplo said:
hahahahaha ,... 'this team' you call it? Not 'your' team....not 'lethals legion'? Well you're doing a great job convincing us all of your true Lions credentials.

Keep up the buffoonery.
the heart will always belong to Fitzroy.... how do you feel about the bears?

LethalsLegion said:
the heart will always belong to Fitzroy.... how do you feel about the bears?

No, particular feelings for the bears. Didn't love em or hate. They were just a team.

Why did you choose the name 'LethalsLegion' when you patently ooze hatred of Brisbane?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

xplo said:
No, particular feelings for the bears. Didn't love em or hate. They were just a team.

Why did you choose the name 'LethalsLegion' when you patently ooze hatred of Brisbane?
You seem to have a patent on assumptions, if I hated anyone, which I dont it would be the AFL
And if I could be permitted an assumption of my own I trust you love the Lions now.... is that because of the success?
I loved the Roys through our worst period

you gave up on the lions, barracked for another AFL club and now after a few years you've jumped on the Brisbane bandwagon. nice one.

maybe VFL is best for you

sedders said:
you gave up on the lions, barracked for another AFL club and now after a few years you've jumped on the Brisbane bandwagon. nice one.

maybe VFL is best for you
I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion, or if it is even directed at me for that matter, either way you aren't in the GF this week and therefore irrelevant to the discussion and unworthy of a direct response.

LethalsLegion said:
You seem to have a patent on assumptions, if I hated anyone, which I dont it would be the AFL

But I can't remember Lethal playing or coaching Fitzroy. He coaches 'the team that was nothing but a dribble down the AFL's inner thigh' when you were doing your best sitting on your backside.

If you're truly an angry Fitzroy fan that can't accept the merger, and has issues with the AFL, good luck to you. People, myself included, would respect you for that and take your views seriously. There's a perfectly good Fitzroy forum here (which I notice you haven't posted in once).

But this chidish cloak-and-dagger rubbish of 'I'm a true Brisbane guy but we's robbed you' bring you nothing but the derision you deserve.

yet i did get a direct response.

Dont you see how stupid you look, joining the week before the Lions are about to make history, after a brilliant win, claiming to be a Brisbane Lions Supporter, yet all your posts are critical of them, saying that Geelong probably deserves to be in the GF, that the consessions are an embarrasment, blah blah blah.

Look you've really stuffed up this trolling account, go create another one and try again.

>A< said:
It will ALWAYS be questioned by too many as to how the Lions won 4 premierships in a row. Collingwood lost the 2002 Grand Final by $600,000 and now it was Geelongs turn. C'mon Port, kick the cheating barstids heads in. :mad:
Idiot - they are playing within the rules as they stand today, don't blame Brisbane, blame the AFL.

LethalsLegion said:
Check my ip addy then moron, and I'll expect an apology if you are man enough

Mate if you dislike the lions so much as everyone of your posts suggest why claim to be part of 'lethals legion',?
I miss my Roys as much as anyone,but thats they way the cookie crumbles,this is my team now and I love em.

Perhaps you should jump ship.I think you would fit very snuggly at the magpie camp.(and apparently every tuesday night they play an intimate game of strip poker while discussing their anti lion and salary cap issues)

eddiesmith said:
There is no doubt in anyones mind outside of Brisbane that Brisbane would not be as good as they are now if not for the $600,000. They would have lost players. Essendon is a prime example of the Salary cap working. Brisbane is a prime example of the inequalities of the extra $600,000.

Essendon is a prime of example of ineptitude and expecting rules to change to suit yourself. They only have themselves to blame. Oh, and Hird, Mercuri, Misiti, Peter Jackson, etc...

Ari said:
Hmmmm just because they have 'built' some players of their own doesnt mean they should be exempt from feeling the pressures of trying to keep their list together after a season.

Essendon. Out: Caracella, Heffernan, Blumfield.. all while they were playing well. SCC doing what it's supposed to, levelling up the competition.

On average each club will be without 3 of its best 22 at any given time, Brisbane therefore are not.... ever.

On average?

How did you make that up? Just because Essendon was incompetent, doesn't mean all clubs are.

The 'Roos RECRUITED Colbert after they won the Premiership in '99. Just because you are successful, there is this myth that players will be lost. Not all contracts are drawn up to be backended every year. Maybe you should look in your own backyard first.

Denno said:
On average?

How did you make that up? Just because Essendon was incompetent, doesn't mean all clubs are.

The 'Roos RECRUITED Colbert after they won the Premiership in '99. Just because you are successful, there is this myth that players will be lost. Not all contracts are drawn up to be backended every year. Maybe you should look in your own backyard first.

If Brisbane* maintained their list without the SCC all credit to them. The fact they have won 3 flags and not lost any of their squad, which under the system they should have in theory, obviously raises questions about the SCC and whether it is now necessary and ever was.

Oh and btw shane woewodin.

understudy said:
If Brisbane* maintained their list without the SCC all credit to them. The fact they have won 3 flags and not lost any of their squad, which under the system they should have in theory, obviously raises questions about the SCC and whether it is now necessary and ever was.

Oh and btw shane woewodin.

Exactly, you say they should have in theory, which basically means because Essendon did, everyone else must. There are no hard and fast rules. Just because Essendon and other clubs have been stupid enough to pay huge, backloaded contracts to overrated players at inflated prices, and keep tacking on performance bonuses year after year (meaning there is a blowout eventually), doesn't mean all clubs follow the same rule.

Yes - it does raise the question about the salary cap - why are some clubs so inept?

Woewodin doesn't count. You're only paying around half his salary (good work Melbourne). Then again, he is only half a player.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong loses by $600,000 by the AFL Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back