Geelong loses by $600,000 by the AFL Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

BalmyArmy said:
Dont even bother about attacking me about following Richmond either because I'm not crying about 600K every time Brisbane win a game.

I can understand that coming from the 2004 wooden spooners. If you had any hope of being affected by the unfairness of the AFL, I bet you would start to care.

I would love the extra 600,000 that brisbane gets. We wouldn't be getting shingles anymore in october as the wealthier and favoured clubs snatch the young talent we have developed. The same applies to Sydney as they get extra wether its the same or not i don't know. I don't care if i am a sook it really !@#$s me.

Lockyer24 said:
4 Flags later, are we in any danger of ending this salary cap farce any time soon?

Shame a potentially great team will be tainted in the history books by future generations with asterix's next to their Premiership years.
I guarantee future history books will contain zero asterisks next to 2001-2003 and possibly 2004. I'm afraid Pies fans will have to get out the crayons and add them in themselves.

This show of petulance is disturbing. Singleminded, obsessive and with little regard to the whole picture.

Maybe you are all right, maybe Brisbane are crap. Without the concession they would be flat out avoiding the spoon.

4for brisbane said:
hey birdy

how many flags your mob won this century?
none
in the last fifty years?

most victorians are just happy its not your mob winning
get over it
the real maggies are playing the lions next week mate

anyway you got nathan figjam 'i wanna play finals' buckley
and eddie spouting bile each week to keep you happy

I think the glory seeker would rather his Brownlow Medal than the 3 Premierships. :cool:

Geelong would have lost by a lot more if the game had been at the Gabba where it should have been played. **Note that Brisbane was the only team travelling interstate to have won a game in this finals series.** The value of a final played in a teams home state is much more than the salary cap. (Note Essendon and Carlton supporters who benefitted when the Eagles had to play a "home final" at the MCG. Not a lot of squealing from Bleak City about unfairness then!)Personally I hope that Brisbane do win next week. And isn't it sweet that the Grand Final will be between two non-Victorian teams. :)

>A< said:
It will ALWAYS be questioned by too many as to how the Lions won 4 premierships in a row. Collingwood lost the 2002 Grand Final by $600,000 and now it was Geelongs turn. C'mon Port, kick the cheating barstids heads in. :mad:
$600K is nothing of an advantage compared with being robbed of a home game by VFL...ooops AFL dishonesty. Although I belive that the $600K should be halved next season and parity exist in two seasons time. At the same time those that win a home final should get one. Let the MCG take the AFL to court for breach of contract. I'm sre the AFL has enough clout in structuring season games to the detriment of the MCG that a fair solution could be negotiated.

As for Brissy, they are the best and a great footy side. Port are a feral lot with a tosser in Choko. They will play to maim. I'll be shouting for Brissy

Here's a novel idea....

Lets push for the end of the MCC finals contract IN ADDITION to the TPP concessions being removed.

I can just HEAR the chorus of agreement from the Peanut Gallery! :p

4for brisbane said:
hey birdy

how many flags your mob won this century?
none
in the last fifty years?

I would rather win two fairly and squarely in 50 years than 3-4 in a row by cheating.

4for brisbane said:
most victorians are just happy its not your mob winning
get over it
the real maggies are playing the lions next week mate

I don't doubt most vics would prefer to see any club winning other than Collingwood but they wouldn't be so happy about if if they actually had a chance of winning a flag. And Port are not the magpies, they would love to be the magpies like us, but they will have to keep on dreaming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see you fools bending over and copping it from brisbane and not doing a thing about it. Another Brisbane premiership in 2004. Suffer all those losers not willing to put up the fight and seeing their teams mauled.

Fortunately the AFL seems to have finally seen sense and admitted their mistake and will correct the salary cap concession for Brisbane.

And quit the whinening about the very valid arguments against the concessions that have been put up.

The concessions have become an embarrassment, would we have got over the line last night without them? I dont think so, but others may disagree. It is disturbing that we made the decision to use half the retention fund as incentive payments for excellence, that is an administrative blunder in the current climate, it is akin to giving a few bucks to a bum for a meal only to have him go buy alcohol with it, making the AFL look foolish is not the way to hold onto those concessions, if we dont use the retention fund for the purpose of retaining players then we are just asking for trouble and can rightly expect the ire of other clubs.

>A< said:
It will ALWAYS be questioned by too many as to how the Lions won 4 premierships in a row. Collingwood lost the 2002 Grand Final by $600,000 and now it was Geelongs turn. C'mon Port, kick the cheating barstids heads in. :mad:

Yep..when it comes to pies fans the salary cap just has to come into it....yet again....
Just shows their arrogance and stupidity.
Damn amusing post yet again.... :D

LethalsLegion said:
The concessions have become an embarrassment, would we have got over the line last night without them? I dont think so, but others may disagree. It is disturbing that we made the decision to use half the retention fund as incentive payments for excellence, that is an administrative blunder in the current climate, it is akin to giving a few bucks to a bum for a meal only to have him go buy alcohol with it, making the AFL look foolish is not the way to hold onto those concessions, if we dont use the retention fund for the purpose of retaining players then we are just asking for trouble and can rightly expect the ire of other clubs.
A recently registered Lions fan coincidentally appearing to back opposition arguments just at a time when the issue is hot again. Wow.

>A< said:
It will ALWAYS be questioned by too many as to how the Lions won 4 premierships in a row. Collingwood lost the 2002 Grand Final by $600,000 ... :mad:
Luckily you didn't play Carlton in the 2002 GF then.
They would have whooped your arse as they spent even more in TPP than the Lions did. :rolleyes:

>A< said:
the likes of Akemanis would of been playing for Sydney had it not been for the $100,000 the AFL Lions could give extra to their top 6 players.
Didn't I hear of a voluntary pay cut taken by the top players? Or is that some unfounded rumour?

captain-boomer said:
If oyur team was good enough, you'd win at the G.
And if your team was looking to the GF you'd want to play at the G.

When will you dumb Victorians realise that, that is not the point! You earn the right... you earn the right!!!

Aker is on $290k a year... can you believe that! Plenty of Geelong hacks would be on more then that!!!

WestCoastJonny said:
When will you dumb Victorians realise that, that is not the point! You earn the right... you earn the right!!!

Aker is on $290k a year... can you believe that! Plenty of Geelong hacks would be on more then that!!!

Without the concession would they have earned the home final?

>A< said:
It is a hollow period of time, and you are too dumb to realise, people will look back at this period, and always say what if the $600,000 wasn't there. I will tell you what would of happened, Collingwood would of won the Premiership in 02, and Geelong would of won it in 04, and Brisbane would of been as good as North was when they won their premierships. You are clouded by bias, and good on ya, but deep down, more and more people every day are realising, the likes of Akemanis would of been playing for Sydney had it not been for the $100,000 the AFL Lions could give extra to their top 6 players.

Brilliant arguing skills, Rumpole.

Sydney have the same allowance, you knucklehead.

That 2002 one I never liked much. Dirty day. Injuries. Limped home. 03 and 01 were always nicer days. But I have to admit, the more I see blokes stewing in the own bile year after year, the closer it moves to my heart.

The Old Dark Navy's said:
A recently registered Lions fan coincidentally appearing to back opposition arguments just at a time when the issue is hot again. Wow.

Yes, 11 posts and 4 of them are 'cut and pastes' of the above dribble in other cap bleating threads. Funny that.

Embarrassing to the people who actually argue against the allowance coherently.

xplo said:
Yes, 11 posts and 4 of them are 'cut and pastes' of the above dribble in other cap bleating threads. Funny that.

Embarrassing to the people who actually argue against the allowance coherently.
Yes, it's terribly inconvenient of me to have an opposing opinion, sorry about that, but unless I woke up in red China today, I am still entitled to it.
As for cutting and pasting, why should I be the only one to exert any creativity when you guys talk about the same thing over and over again on a dozen different threads?

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong loses by $600,000 by the AFL Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back