Moved Thread Geelong, the rest of the competition needs to have a conversation with you (whinge thread)....

Remove this Banner Ad

Firstly, don’t presume that Joel Selwood will leave behind a negative legacy. The constant emphasis on him and the constant turning of blind eyes to his hard work, leadership, attack at the contest, and never say die approach is actually bordering on sickening. It’s only in the eyes of haters that he will be constantly overlooked for being a champion of Geelong and the AFL.

The Joel Selwood I know was a 19 year old standing in a huddle in the 2007 Grand Final giving his much more experienced team mates a motivational speech to urge on their first flag in 44 years.

The guy is the reason Geelong are where they are after so long.

Secondly, Matthew Lloyd was one of greatest Full Forwards (if not the greatest) of this century. His legacy is well and truly in tact. I invite Essendon supporters into this discussion to argue that.

Thirdly, don’t think you’re neutral. Just don’t. You’re not neutral. You’ve got a flat out agenda against Geelong and have since last year. You are the most biased and non neutral poster on Big Footy.

The fact that you can try this on and actually be legitimate is laughable.
Appreciated however bigfooty has collectively decided on a narrative and they are going to stick to it

I noticed that as soon as Dangerfield crossed back over the border and put on that ugly jumper, he started flopping around like a fish. Instantly.

He is now and will forever be referred to, by me, as Flopperfield.

It’s an embarrassment to the game and the Cats own it.

danger flopped around playing for the crows too, it's nothing new. maybe gotten slightly worse at geelong though

They have won a few you know. Pies can't claim that.

not for the last 7 years you aint won shit

before that you had a absolute champion team who didn't need to resort to this shit you are dishing up

its ****ing pathetic and embarrassing

Selwood makes me laugh. Gets a golden run with the umpires but still has the nerves to complain whenever something doesn’t go his way and he loves long chats to the umps.

I remember 4-5 years ago against us at Etihad when he was being tagged out of the game. He was not happy with it and ran off to whinge to the emergency umpire at one stage. One of the most pathetic things I’ve ever seen.
THIS is what the OP wanted - a let’s hate Joel Selwood thread because we haven’t had one for God knows how long. It is shit like this that turns me off BF

Firstly, don’t presume that Joel Selwood will leave behind a negative legacy. The constant emphasis on him and the constant turning of blind eyes to his hard work, leadership, attack at the contest, and never say die approach is actually bordering on sickening. It’s only in the eyes of haters that he will be constantly overlooked for being a champion of Geelong and the AFL.

The Joel Selwood I know was a 19 year old standing in a huddle in the 2007 Grand Final giving his much more experienced team mates a motivational speech to urge on their first flag in 44 years.

The guy is the reason Geelong are where they are after so long.

Secondly, Matthew Lloyd was one of greatest Full Forwards (if not the greatest) of this century. His legacy is well and truly in tact. I invite Essendon supporters into this discussion to argue that.

Thirdly, don’t think you’re neutral. Just don’t. You’re not neutral. You’ve got a flat out agenda against Geelong and have since last year. You are the most biased and non neutral poster on Big Footy.

The fact that you can try this on and actually be legitimate is laughable.
seemingly you are wrong though as the majority share my opinion.

not interested with you trying to muddy the waters every which way

play the ball please and stay on topic.

Selwood makes me laugh. Gets a golden run with the umpires but still has the nerves to complain whenever something doesn’t go his way and he loves long chats to the umps.

I remember 4-5 years ago against us at Etihad when he was being tagged out of the game. He was not happy with it and ran off to whinge to the emergency umpire at one stage. One of the most pathetic things I’ve ever seen.
You've held onto this for 5 years? I love my wife deeply, but damn you remind me of her when she wants to annoy me.
THIS is what the OP wanted - a let’s hate Joel Selwood thread because we haven’t had one for God knows how long. It is shit like this that turns me off BF
Joel Selwood:
4x AFLPA Robert Rose Most Courageous Player Award: (2009, 2012, 2013, 2014)

But Bigfooty has convinced me, as it always does, that he's a cheat who will be remembered only for his ducking.
"Let's have a conversation". Classic passive-aggressive strategy, much loved by incompetent middle managers.

Nah its not bulldust fella, i watch every game every week because i love me footy and im not saying this because its Geelong, im saying it because its true.
If it were as prevelent at any other club i'd be saying the same, my club included.

I was sitting here today thinking, i wonder if anyone else notices this stuff by Geelong and then logged on to find this thread so its not just me, its your club im sorry to say.

What is it they do exactly?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the **** has Chris Scott getting a bit too involved in the game got to do with anything? You think the players or umpires are watching the big screen to see his reactions?

Honestly this is just dreck.
As I stated in my post I didn't think you d get it (cats fans)
Ironically kinda sums up the situation I was referring to tho

Last edited:
The worst non call of the day was by far Dangerfield with two hands in the back of Sicily when Rhys Stanley took the mark. I do not have a soft spot for either team just as I don't have a hatred for either, but you are honestly living on another planet if you can't see the way Geelong carry on. Particularly Dangerfield and Selwood. I'm an advocate for good, honest footy. Geelong are good but led by their captain are not honest. Also, before anyone arguing against this starts taking pot shots at me because of who I barrack for, I'm well aware of the diving that occurs from Zorko, Christensen and Mathieson.

Joel Selwood:
4x AFLPA Robert Rose Most Courageous Player Award: (2009, 2012, 2013, 2014)

And you've just highlighted the decline, 4 Robert Rose medals in the years he actually played hard and nothing since because he seeks the easy free of late.

What will be the Selwood's legacy once he retires?

For all the effort or lack thereof that you put into the OP, the actual guts of it, is the highlighted sentence above.

His legacy will be as a HOF, AA Captain and multiple premiership player.

It's down to the umpires, they either see fit to pay free kicks or they don't.

Play on.

The worst non call of the day was by far Dangerfield with two hands in the back of Sicily when Rhys Stanley took the mark. I do not have a soft spot for either team just as I don't have a hatred for either, but you are honestly living on another planet if you can't see the way Geelong carry on. Particularly Dangerfield and Selwood. I'm an advocate for good, honest footy. Geelong are good but led by their captain are not honest. Also, before anyone arguing against this starts taking pot shots at me because of who I barrack for, I'm well aware of the diving that occurs from Zorko, Christensen and Mathieson.

The first part of your post has absolutely nothing to do with the rest.

How is the umpire not paying what you believe is an obvious free kick, in any way the fault of Geelong players?

The umpiring department is going to be in a state of discombobulation all week - do they try and coach against the eagles home town umpiring or against the reaction they are going to get for producing umpires incapable of paying a free against Dangerfield? I guess that's why they are paid the big bucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Geelong, the rest of the competition needs to have a conversation with you (whinge thread)....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back