Moved Thread Geelong, the rest of the competition needs to have a conversation with you (whinge thread)....

Remove this Banner Ad

What amazes me is that the constant complaining tactic actually works for the Cats.

Do the umpires have low self esteem?
It’s widely recongnised that Rioli was given a ridiculous amount of free kicks (undeserved) for dropping his head as well. You don’t have to look much further than BF in 13-15. I’ve seen him pull some absolute corkers against us over the years.

Because when the players look back at the way he reacts they feed off of it, they see themselves as victims which is why they're always appealing to the umpires, its obvious to anyone outside of their supporter base.

Are you serious right now? Do you really standby this post, when you read it back?

How do they see Chris Scott's face from the coaches box?

TerrificHappyBagworm.gif

Apparently the gif that brought down the Geelong Football Club.

It’s widely recongnised that Rioli was given a ridiculous amount of free kicks (undeserved) for dropping his head as well. You don’t have to look much further than BF in 13-15. I’ve seen him pull some absolute corkers against us over the years.

I am on 24/7 Rioli watch on here and in the streets. I must have missed that.

Perhaps you mean Poppy.

The first part of your post has absolutely nothing to do with the rest.

How is the umpire not paying what you believe is an obvious free kick, in any way the fault of Geelong players?
The free kick isn't the fault of Geelong, it has to do with the common trend of umpires being caught in the Dangerfield aura instead of judging each aspect of play on its merit. The rest of my post was my input on the common theme of the thread. I don't know why you would reply to my post arguing about whether the first sentence of it is in relation to the rest, unless you're just a little antsy that people are ganging up on your team. In my opinion, the BigFooty 'groupthink' isn't a propaganda campaign from the salty opposition supporters, but more of a collective objective observation. You are more than welcome to disagree.

You are just being a contrarian.

If you really believe the Cats don't nag the umps all day long, take a closer look over the next 5 weeks.

You already must know Joel and the coach do it. The cats got 45 free kicks in one game during the pre-season and nobody was surprised.
Bullshit. Selwood Shrugs out of tackles and and opponents haven’t caught on how to actually tackle the guy. It’s just become something of folklore now. Selwood gets tackled, automatically it’s a duck re of what he does.

It’s gone beyond serious.

If he was such a cheat then why is he constantly voted one of the most courageous in the AFL? You don’t achieve what he has by being a squib and a cheat mate.

Tall poppy syndrome at its highest stance. Just like the bullshit ‘accident of history thread’ designed to derail your success.

Are you serious right now? Do you really standby this post, when you read it back?

How do they see Chris Scott's face from the coaches box?

Not in real time, but everyone has seen it and knows how he carries on.
The obvious belief in those moments is that we have been hard done by and the reaction today just highlights it because the reaction wasnt deserved.

Whats interesting is if you take your attention off of Scotts reaction in that gif and look at whoever is sitting on his left, they react to his reaction in the same way.

Bullshit. Selwood Shrugs out of tackles and and opponents haven’t caught on how to actually tackle the guy. It’s just become something of folklore now. Selwood gets tackled, automatically it’s a duck re of what he does.

It’s gone beyond serious.

You do know that the tactics that Selwood employs have been deemed illegal by the AFL? After many years.

You do realise Selwood goes in hard like so many other players, such as T. Mitchell, but still plays looking for those frees?

You do accept Selwood complains alot to the umps?

The free kick isn't the fault of Geelong, it has to do with the common trend of umpires being caught in the Dangerfield aura instead of judging each aspect of play on its merit. The rest of my post was my input on the common theme of the thread. I don't know why you would reply to my post arguing about whether the first sentence of it is in relation to the rest, unless you're just a little antsy that people are ganging up on your team. In my opinion, the BigFooty 'groupthink' isn't a propaganda campaign from the salty opposition supporters, but more of a collective objective observation. You are more than welcome to disagree.

Sorry, most people write in a sequence that contains a statement then provide evidence of their statement.

Don't know why I thought that would apply now that you mention it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do know that the tactics that Selwood employs have been deemed illegal by the AFL? After many years.

You do realise Selwood goes in hard like so many other players, such as T. Mitchell, but still plays looking for those frees?

You do accept Selwood complains alot to the umps?
I don’t deem his actions illegal

But, isn't it the umpires job to adjudicate the rules as well as player onfield conduct? If they feel as though they are being harassed by whinging players they are free to pay a free kick. If they can't get the Selwood decisions right, or what the public perceive to be right then that's their fault and or the AFLs fault for letting it go unchecked, Geelong are just playing the rules they are given atm.

Not in real time, but everyone has seen it and knows how he carries on.
The obvious belief in those moments is that we have been hard done by and the reaction today just highlights it because the reaction wasnt deserved.

OK, we're done here.

Whats interesting is if you take your attention off of Scotts reaction in that gif and look at whoever is sitting on his left, they react to his reaction in the same way.

You know that's not the actual reaction you're talking about, right?

The OP stating they are commenting on behalf of all neutral supporters........

that's just awesome........
Works for me. Hell I thought I'd written it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Moved Thread Geelong, the rest of the competition needs to have a conversation with you (whinge thread)....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back