Geelong to go undefeated for the rest of 2024??

Remove this Banner Ad

With everyone else having lost a game in 2024.. the question must be asked, can Geelong go undefeated?? I don't see why not! All the leg ups from the government and AFL have made them far too strong!!

I said it at the time and I'll say it again.. the AFL using their Gold Coast franchise to hand Geelong pick 7 after winning the flag in 2022 was an absolute disgrace! The draft is supposed to be an equalisation measure, and this goes against its purpose!!

You….. don’t….. remember the AFL giving them $1.8 million per season to take arguably our best ever player at the peak of his powers in 2010?

No no this is a far bigger crime against fairness, us getting Jhye Clarke at the draft

Don't get me started on Geelong being allowed to give their players house and land packages.. outside of the salary cap! This is the modern day equivalent of Carlton giving their players brown paper bags full of cash!!

See this is interesting. Even if this was the case, is there no such thing as real estate in Melbourne? That’s odd because I thought it was a place, that existed, with buildings, and real estate agents. Seems strange that a capital city wouldn’t have those things.

Classic BigFooty pendulum swing.

Pre-season it's the Cats are a mile off it....and now they're unbeatable.

Truth is, it's somewhere in the middle, but we're incapable of nuance around here.

That lack of nuance is also demonstrated by the section of Tiger fans who spent a good deal of time claiming that Geelong were headf**ked (I think that was the word) by their club as the result of three finals defeats and also by the extreme opposite end of the scale on show here by the section of the supporter base who are insistent that there is a pro-Geelong and no doing anti-Richmond conspiracy within the AFL, suggesting that this small section of fans are ‘headf**ked’ by Geelong.

Again, some nuance would be nice.

No they won't. there has been better teams not go undefeated right now they look good but some teams seem to have dropped off ala Brisbane who their playing among others like Collingwood.
I take it you didn’t watch Collingwood yesterday. If Geelong play Collingwood next week, Collingwood would win by 5-6 goals. Question is will Collingwood lose another game this season and make it back to back.

He's got a point though, Collingwood might very well beat us if we played them next week.

It's would be a H&A game. It's the perfect opportunity for them to puff their chests out and then inevitably s**t the bed against us in finals yet again.

Got em! Lol

Surprised The Office GIF

My friend, you only ever respond to Richmond people on here.
responding to rent free threads started by .... see above LOL

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strategically positive losses are as important as winning streaks. You always want the edge to be sharp. Perfection doesn't exist in a pretty even comp.

Cats Pies Blues all big winners this week, strategic losses will happen another time. A bit of fortitude and moxie coming to the fore when things not going so well. These 3 wins look pretty meaningful and indicative to me.

We will not go undefeated.

No chance. WE will lose at some point.

quick... start another thread.

Go Catters

This year is a rebuild year for the cats so likely to win 20+ games. They should win all their games next year and the year after before crashing back to 20 wins a year
You're talking about the 20 wins a year cliff finally arriving.

I worry about those days fast approaching.

I have shared David Kings concerned for well over a decade now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong to go undefeated for the rest of 2024??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back