Geelong to go undefeated for the rest of 2024??

Remove this Banner Ad

They have the best coach in the business and has been near the top for a decade. Whilst he has still got his sharp mind for the game there not going to bottom out at all even with a few retirees. That's not being a smart Alex as a Hawks fan it's begrudging respect. What he is doing with a decent list but not the best talent wise is remarkable. The big tests will come when they play the teams around them but I doubt it will worry them.

They have the best coach in the business and has been near the top for a decade. Whilst he has still got his sharp mind for the game there not going to bottom out at all even with a few retirees. That's not being a smart Alex as a Hawks fan it's begrudging respect. What he is doing with a decent list but not the best talent wise is remarkable. The big tests will come when they play the teams around them but I doubt it will worry them.

Mate how would your Hawks have gone with Hawkins for 15 years and Cameron, Danger, Stewart, Guthrie, Blicavs...??
Scott's an astute coach but he's been blessed with the players he's had at his disposal.

Mate how would your Hawks have gone with Hawkins for 15 years and Cameron, Danger, Stewart, Guthrie, Blicavs...??
Scott's an astute coach but he's been blessed with the players he's had at his disposal.
Well they were all shit and jumping off the cliff last year according to everyone here…and you do realise Stewart, Guthrie and Blitz were all developed under Scott right ?

Two of those blokes we’ve been told for the better part of a decade couldn’t even play, and while the others are indeed excellent it doesn’t exactly explain the other 16 year on year

Two of those blokes we’ve been told for the better part of a decade couldn’t even play, and while the others are indeed excellent it doesn’t exactly explain the other 16 year on year
I just love how the main board focuses on the two FA in JC and Danger and one F/S who took years to become good and then apply that to whole list, while ignoring all the players that have developed under Scott using late picks like the Guthries brothers, Blitz and Stewart, Close, Miers et al

Just never ceases to amaze me

David King predicted us to finish bottom 4 this year.
The first indication the Cats were on the rise.

Btw, sorry about the Richmond poster in the OP. I opened the thread and thought he was being totally complimentary. And deservedly so. Alas, it didn’t last and now the rest of us wearing Y&B get tainted.

The first indication the Cats were on the rise.

Btw, sorry about the Richmond poster in the OP. I opened the thread and thought he was being totally complimentary. And deservedly so. Alas, it didn’t last and now the rest of us wearing Y&B get tainted.

lol I’m just dreading switching on first crack tonight and hearing Kingy admit he got it wrong about us. Cue a 5 game losing streak.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep they have got Blicavs as what a cat b rookie?

Stewart a late pick who was recommended by Scarlett playing well in the Geelong league as well.

Dempsey another one who looks to be a gun and he was an ex basketballer picked in the rookie draft.

They threw the kitchen sink to get Danger and Cameron which paid off. Hawks threw the kitchen sink at JOM.

It's not pointless when it's the truth. The Eagles are playing sublime football, not even Dusty, Daicos, JHF or Dangerfield could run with the beast that is Harley "vroom vroom" Reid.
Mate you literally change your opinion from day to day and make ridiculous statements.

Would be nice to hear you post something serious for a change.

Mate you literally change your opinion from day to day and make ridiculous statements.

I am being very serious

If I was going to joke around I'd say that North Melbourne are going to win the AFL/VFL/AFLW/VFLW quaddie this year.

He’s part the reason that these players ask for a trade to the cats. The best current day coach and knows how to get the best out of each player.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep they have got Blicavs as what a cat b rookie?

Stewart a late pick who was recommended by Scarlett playing well in the Geelong league as well.

Dempsey another one who looks to be a gun and he was an ex basketballer picked in the rookie draft.

They threw the kitchen sink to get Danger and Cameron which paid off. Hawks threw the kitchen sink at JOM.
Miers was pick 57... every team passed on him 3 times.
Close a rookie pick.
Jack Henry Rookie pick too.
Zac Guthrie Rookie pick.
Stengle DFA no one wanted.

GO Catters

dont hold your breath... x being shit rolling for 15 years.... and all focused.

GO Catters

Last edited:
the AFL using their Gold Coast franchise to hand Geelong pick 7 after winning the flag in 2022 was an absolute disgrace! The draft is supposed to be an equalisation measure, and this goes against its purpose!!
Any other club with free salary cap space could have made that trade. It was smart of Geelong to recognize that oppotunity and go for it. I say good for them.

With everyone else having lost a game in 2024.. the question must be asked, can Geelong go undefeated?? I don't see why not! All the leg ups from the government and AFL have made them far too strong!!

I said it at the time and I'll say it again.. the AFL using their Gold Coast franchise to hand Geelong pick 7 after winning the flag in 2022 was an absolute disgrace! The draft is supposed to be an equalisation measure, and this goes against its purpose!!
This is a crazy, crazy thread.

Thank god it wasn't a Geelong supporter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong to go undefeated for the rest of 2024??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back