Preview Geelong V Hawks Mon Apr1 2024 @MCG 320pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I expect Conway to play even if Stanley is fit (unless we prefer to play Conway against the Dogs in SA and Stanley v the Hawks).

But if Stanley is actually injured and not available for a couple of weeks… Conway obviously plays, but would we actually even play him on the 5 day break at all?

Would we consider maybe playing Conway this week and possibly Blitz/Neale as the rucks against a more mobile English on a 5 day break.

Do we play Conway for 2.5 or 3 quarters and sub him out if it looks a possibility so he can play in 5 days.

Do we just “send it” with Conway… bro you’re in v the Hawks and if you get through you are in against 5 days later.

Just things running through my head.

I’m sure the club would be calculating every possible situation.

If Stanley is available it makes it a little more stock standard… but less interesting.

Early submission for the meat tray. I'm counting on Atkins, Bruhn and Bowes to be over their injuries, but never know with Geelong.

In: Conway, Atkins, Duncan, Bruhn, Bowes
Out: Stanley (INJ), Dangerfield (INJ), Mullin, Knevitt, Tuohy

I expect Conway to play even if Stanley is fit (unless we prefer to play Conway against the Dogs in SA and Stanley v the Hawks).

But if Stanley is actually injured and not available for a couple of weeks… Conway obviously plays, but would we actually even play him on the 5 day break at all?

Would we consider maybe playing Conway this week and possibly Blitz/Neale as the rucks against a more mobile English on a 5 day break.

Do we play Conway for 2.5 or 3 quarters and sub him out if it looks a possibility so he can play in 5 days.

Do we just “send it” with Conway… bro you’re in v the Hawks and if you get through you are in against 5 days later.

If Stanley is available it makes it a little more stock standard… but less interesting.

I think subbing Conway at 3/4 time and rucking Blitz and then getting him to back up in 5 days would be the play.

That's assuming Stanley is injured, otherwise they'll probably just play one this week and the other next week.

We'll just play it one week at a time with Toby.

He can handle Reeves. The only thing stopping Toby from being our best ruckman right now is his endurance...and Reeves isn't exactly flying in that department either.

Averages 1 mark a game over his career...so he's not exactly flying around the ground.

You're right on the English issue. As we saw late last year, Conway can take him for a half and then it starts to get ugly, so we'll wait and see and maybe a Blitz/Neale mobile tag team is the go in that game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think subbing Conway at 3/4 time and rucking Blitz and then getting him to back up in 5 days would be the play.

That's assuming Stanley is injured, otherwise they'll probably just play one this week and the other next week.

That does seem an option.

I’m just not sure we would play Conway in an interstate match off a 5 day break at this time. They are obviously very careful with him.

It might be a way to get Neale in.

Time will tell.

Theres literally 0 reason not to play Conway over Stanley this week. Not only is Stanley borderline garbage to start the year, Hawks probably have the worst ruck stocks in the league. I would be very disappointed in the club if they go with Stanley over Conway Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back