Preview Geelong V Hawks Mon Apr1 2024 @MCG 320pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When talking about G blockbuster
You have to consider AFL - MCC members as well corporate hospitality and coterie groups

No way is this game ever at KP

We'll see how many Hawks fans turn up over the next couple of years. If the match was drawing 80k every year, no chance it would be played at KP. Reality is that hasn't happened since 2014. Decent crowd last year with 65k but the two years previous was 50k and 48k. If we are only pushing 50k then no reason we shouldn't be able to play our home game at KP.

I get where you're coming from. It's on the margins and won't matter.

At the same time Atkins, Bruhn, Bowes might be waiting on fitness tests, or to see how they pull up the day of, which makes it just true.
You're correct, but never let an opportunity to lean into a conspiracy go to waste

We'll see how many Hawks fans turn up over the next couple of years. If the match was drawing 80k every year, no chance it would be played at KP. Reality is that hasn't happened since 2014. Decent crowd last year with 65k but the two years previous was 50k and 48k. If we are only pushing 50k then no reason we shouldn't be able to play our home game at KP.
Like I said neutral members and corporate hospitality
The G needs to fulfill its number of games

If we move to KP will be a different slot and two other teams will get the G on Easter Monday

Here's the latest from BOM - be interesting to see how late is late afternoon

But either way, we'd want to get off to a fast start and put the pressure on early. Don't want to be chasing the game when the rain comes

1711864379843.png

The count down is on

MONDAY, APRIL 1

Hawthorn v Geelong at the MCG, 3.20pm AEDT

HAWTHORN

TBC on Sunday at 6.20pm AEDT

Last week's sub: Jack Gunston

GEELONG

TBC on Sunday at 6.20pm AEDT

Last week's sub: Mitch Knevitt

In an elite sport where incremental differences and issues matter, why would you name the team prior to when you are required to by the AFL?
There are a large number of players needing fitness tests to be eligible for selection. And the less time your opponent has to prepare, the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not about naming the team, it's the "He'll play, I trust our medical team, we back them in etc etc" schtick that can get irritating.

I love Scott everywhere else, but that's the one part that can be frustrating.

We get no competitive advantage out of that.

I can get it if it's a Danger or Stewart who will fundamentally change the way we setup across the ground, and you'd rather keep that quiet...but when it's Bruhn, Atkins, Bowes, types, just give it to us straight.

Couldn't we have omitted Shaun yesterday so he could play VFL?

MONDAY, APRIL 1

Hawthorn v Geelong at the MCG, 3.20pm AEDT

HAWTHORN

In:
L.Meek, H.Morrison, H.Hustwaite
Out:
F.Maginness (omitted), N.Reeves (omitted), J.Gunston (omitted)

Last week's sub: Jack Gunston

GEELONG

In:
T.Conway, M.Duncan, T.Atkins, T.Bruhn, J.Bowes
Out:
P.Dangerfield (hamstring), R.Stanley (managed), M.Knevitt (omitted), Z.Tuohy (managed), S.Mannagh (omitted)

Last week's sub: Mitch Knevitt

Round 3

Geelong v Hawthorn at MCG
3.20pm AEDT, Monday 1 April, 2024

In: Tom Atkins, Jack Bowes, Tanner Bruhn, Toby Conway, Mitch Duncan
Out: Patrick Dangerfield (injured), Rhys Stanley (managed), Zach Tuohy (managed), Mitch Knevitt (omitted), Shaun Mannagh (omitted)

Milestone: Tom Hawkins (350 Games), Ollie Henry (50 Games)

BacksTom StewartSam De KoningJake Kolodjashnij
Half BacksZach GuthrieJack HenryMark Blicavs
CentrelineOliver HenryJhye ClarkMax Holmes
Half ForwardsBrad CloseTyson StengleTom Hawkins
ForwardsJeremy CameronGryan MiersOliver Dempsey
FollowersToby ConwayBrandan ParfittMark O'Connor
InterchangeMitch DuncanTom AtkinsTanner Bruhn
Oisin MullinJack Bowes
EmergenciesZach TuohyShaun MannaghRhys Stanley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One milestone that's been somewhat overlooked with Hawkins playing game #350, is this guy who's lining up in game #50 tomorrow

Congrats to Ollie

1711870112903.jpeg

Like that side, great balance of youth and experience.

If we can contend while getting important games into all of Holmes, Clark, Bruhn, Henry, Dempsey, SDK, Mullin, & Conway we're in for a really good time.

Any other side would get the excuse of 'rebuilding' with those kind of names playing. We don't, because it doesn't sell papers, but thems the breaks.

We're either winning it outright, or getting games into players that will win it for us longer term.

Excited to see Bowes' game tomorrow. Expecting a bit of a renaissance this year into the quality player we know he can be, hopefully in the midfield too.

Id rather Mannagh be playing over Mullin any day of the week.....
Different roles I suppose.

With Bowes, Bruhn, Atkins and even Duncan back, Parfitt keeping his spot, that's a healthy addition that makes the midfield look a bit more stable.

MOC will probably run through there too as a mature big body to help the youngsters out, probably shadowing Newcombe or Worpel.

I'm a big fan of Shauns, but with that being the case, he's competing with Henry, Dempsey, Miers, Close, & Stengle for a spot. He's in for a tough gig there.

Mullin on the other hand has it all infront of him in terms of right now and the future.

Duncan & Touhy approaching the end, Bewsy seemingly given the lemon & sass...you can see why the club want to be developing someone like him ASAP.

Tiges just getting over the Swans at the G should be a timely reminder that we can’t be taking any team that isn’t named West Coast easily.

Switch on and get the W.

Reckon Bowes will be sub tomorrow.

Man I wish they’d get rid of the sub or just name the sub when the side is named.

It’s just annoying having to wait to know what the actual starting side is.

Different roles I suppose.

With Bowes, Bruhn, Atkins and even Duncan back, Parfitt keeping his spot, that's a healthy addition that makes the midfield look a bit more stable.

MOC will probably run through there too as a mature big body to help the youngsters out, probably shadowing Newcombe or Worpel.

I'm a big fan of Shauns, but with that being the case, he's competing with Henry, Dempsey, Miers, Close, & Stengle for a spot. He's in for a tough gig there.

Mullin on the other hand has it all infront of him in terms of right now and the future.

Duncan & Touhy approaching the end, Bewsy seemingly given the lemon & sass...you can see why the club want to be developing someone like him ASAP.
Understand what you mean. But I fully disagree.. Mullin at the moment doesn't bring anything positive as a player.. yes he has potential,, but the guy should get a full run in the VFL.. he hasn't even player 24 months of footy.. and thats any kind of footy.. I wish him all the best but Mullin needs to develop in the VFL to gets some full lengths and miles in his legs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back