Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 93 44.3%
  • Dusty

Votes: 122 58.1%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 44 21.0%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 64 30.5%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 59 28.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
No namers? Rance (1st/2nd best defender of the 21st century), Cotchin (3 x premiership captain and Brownlow medalist, Dusty (best finals player ever and best H&A season ever), Riewoldt (Triple Coleman medalist almost 800 goals)

Vs

N Riewoldt (Biggest choker ever, didn’t even win a Coleman), Montagna (just a spud), Hayes, Goddard (the forgotten defender, wouldn’t even crack the top 20 defenders this century)

Then talk about the coaches which isnt even a contest.

Pretty much every team in the top 8 has a better spine that Saints 09/10.
Shit, is it school holidays already?

Why do you guys care what I say anyway. Pretty weird if you think it’s stupid. Sometimes the truth hurts. On the bright side there is always time for Geelong to create their first dynasty. 👍
When will the 2-21 Richmond create their first dynasty?

Wojo, is 21 losses the most in a season, in the history of the game? It must be close.
Tragic if true.
No wonder Falcon is so angry.
When Cats last won the wooden spoon 66 years ago they still managed to win 4 games and only lose 14

Wojo, is 21 losses the most in a season, in the history of the game? It must be close.
Tragic if true.
The most losses ever recorded in VFL/AFL history. A dynasty of losses you could say.

Tragic if true.

Why would I be angry. Our youth is going to be better than yours after this draft. Never mind the next few years. If you guys don’t win this year, wowee the next few years is gonna be tough.

2-21 must just be completely energy sapping. I guess they can say the only way is up....it certainly can't get much worse.

Geez you guys are like Pies supporters with your backwards thinking.

A clubs success is measured by flags not least amount of spoons.

It’s probably why you rate finals losers like GAS so highly cause he smashed a few spoon teams back in the day after they delivered the milk and did the plumbing.

Why would I be angry. Our youth is going to be better than yours after this draft. Never mind the next few years. If you guys don’t win this year, wowee the next few years is gonna be tough.

forgive us based on every other recent prediction you’ve made for not thinking you’ll get this one right, either.

In fact, based on what you’ve said here and how it pertains to any prediction you’ve made in recent times? We can pretty much look forward to unending success for the foreseeable future

forgive us based on every other recent prediction you’ve made for not thinking you’ll get this one right, either.

In fact, based on what you’ve said here and how it pertains to any prediction you’ve made in recent times? We can pretty much look forward to unending success for the foreseeable future

I predict you don’t win the flag this year. I’m prepared to risk the egg on my face. Makes it fun.

You can be a bot and sit on the fence. God that’s boring.

Geez you guys are like Pies supporters with your backwards thinking.

A clubs success is measured by flags not least amount of spoons.

It’s probably why you rate finals losers like GAS so highly cause he smashed a few spoon teams back in the day after they delivered the milk and did the plumbing.

So when it comes to modern footy why do you brag so much about being behind us, the Eagles, the Hawks, as well as the fact that you’re rarely even competitive, in living memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Predicting that a team no one thought would finish in the top 8 WONT win something…. Wow, what a gambler.

I predict all sorts of odds. I think you guys are the favorites anyway in the markets, I personally think you are (legit I’m not taking the piss I don’t trust interstate clubs at the MCG)

So I really am going against my gut feel.

I predict all sorts of odds. I think you guys are the favorites anyway in the markets, I personally think you are (legit I’m not taking the piss I don’t trust interstate clubs at the MCG)

So I really am going against my gut feel.
On one page of this thread alone you've gone from Geelong guaranteed premiers 2024 to not winning it, to a choke if they don't win it.

We're mid-rebuild with the best youth in the league mate, its all gravy for us.

You’ve been much more invested in Geelong than you have been Richmond, all season.

What is that actually like? A bit embarrassing when you reflect on it? Or just a hobby you’ve come to enjoy?

I say a lil joke about zoning out and instead of being a normal person you decide to write that. Yeah nah I can tell you aren’t a social person at all.

I’m starting to believe the people that say Geelongites have a chip in their shoulder from being so isolated down there. Absolutely none of you can take a joke or even say jokes. It’s so weird.

I say a lil joke about zoning out and instead of being a normal person you decide to write that. Yeah nah I can tell you aren’t a social person at all.

I’m starting to believe the people that say Geelongites have a chip in their shoulder from being so isolated down there. Absolutely none of you can take a joke or even say jokes. It’s so weird.
“I was just joking guys it’s like you’re a bot hahaha you aren’t like me and my friends we love to joke around!!!!”

I’m talking about your obsession with Geelong all year, not what you just said. It’s true that you show little interest in what is happening with Richmond. The Cats are the team you really follow and get excited about. As good as it is to see that enthusiasm, I was asking a question because I’ve never felt that way about a different club before. Is it sort of like following two teams?

Aren't you forgetting someone, Robbo?

Oh wait never mind, here we go:

Without any doubt, Geelong and Sydney are the 21st Century juggernauts.

In the 25 seasons played since 2000, Sydney has played in 20 finals series, played 43 finals games, won 22 of them and won two flags.

Geelong has played in 19 finals series, played 47 finals matches, won a competition-best 25 finals and won four premierships.

Sydney, Geelong, Collingwood, Hawthorn and Brisbane have won 15 of the 25 premierships. Three others went to Richmond, which was ramshackle before the dynasty and bottom of the table this year, while West Coast has two flags and yo-yo exactly how the league is designed.

But not Sydney, nor Geelong. Just how do they do it?

2-21 levels of tough?

2-21.....be real.

He surely means missing the finals two years in a row. It's happened twice since the 80's but those years in the wilderness were dark days indeed. Nothing like Richmond of course, but we just aren't used to that sort of pain. I'm not sure we could take it.

Aren't you forgetting someone, Robbo?

Oh wait never mind, here we go:

Without any doubt, Geelong and Sydney are the 21st Century juggernauts.

In the 25 seasons played since 2000, Sydney has played in 20 finals series, played 43 finals games, won 22 of them and won two flags.

Geelong has played in 19 finals series, played 47 finals matches, won a competition-best 25 finals and won four premierships.

Sydney, Geelong, Collingwood, Hawthorn and Brisbane have won 15 of the 25 premierships. Three others went to Richmond, which was ramshackle before the dynasty and bottom of the table this year, while West Coast has two flags and yo-yo exactly how the league is designed.

But not Sydney, nor Geelong. Just how do they do it?

Imagine winning 3 flags and being so unbelievably shit outside a tiny period, your success is written off as 'ramshackle' by Robbo lmao

“I was just joking guys it’s like you’re a bot hahaha you aren’t like me and my friends we love to joke around!!!!”

I’m talking about your obsession with Geelong all year, not what you just said. It’s true that you show little interest in what is happening with Richmond. The Cats are the team you really follow and get excited about. As good as it is to see that enthusiasm, I was asking a question because I’ve never felt that way about a different club before. Is it sort of like following two teams?

Idk you figure it out. You bore me

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back