Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 93 43.5%
  • Dusty

Votes: 126 58.9%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 47 22.0%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 65 30.4%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 60 28.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
NASA could set their clocks to you before during and after a cats game having a flog into a sock and sleeping with it in your mouth either in agony or ecstasy depending on the results mate 😂😂

If anyone wants to see some utterly Tolkienesque level literature all they need to do is have a look at you losing your shit about Geelong in the Richmond forum.

It’s kind of funny in the main board, parody-esque in some ways and ‘hahaha MR is on the prowl again let’s all have a laugh’ but then when it’s on display for everyone to see in front of people where your trying to actually be legitimate you start to question whether you’re actually in complete control of your faculty

It's nice to be important enough for people to study in detail. :cool:

That you did 1995 and then you lost the week after to Carlton in the Granny :tearsofjoy:

In recent times on our way to our dynasty we beat the scats in 2017 QF, 2019 PF and 2020 GF :thumbsu:

I’m under the impression that there was an entire Tigers board think tank that ran from October through to February one off season that came up with the name ‘Scats.’

It’s VERY, amusing. You’ve done well. I see you’ve replaced the letter ‘ ‘ that didn’t previously exist before the start of the word, with the letter ‘s’ and in doing so, changed our nickname from ‘cats’ - a reference to the feline pet, to ‘scats’- a shortened term for scatalogical remains or fecal remnants.

It really IS, quite, QUITE clever of you boffins at Tigerland and you all have SO much to be proud of with all your hard work. Do keep it up

So I guess tigers fans will be gloating for about a week at most, but what happens then? The dynasty thing is getting old. Any new exciting ideas?

It’ll be about the kids we draft and the spuds they do mostly. With a sprinkle of GAS failure thrown in, it’s been a minute since I’ve done that.

So I guess tigers fans will be gloating for about a week at most, but what happens then? The dynasty thing is getting old. Any new exciting ideas?

Mate, when it comes to Geelong who have outscored us in one finals series ever(v us outscoring them in 10) we are never going to run out of material to gloat about in thise lifetime or the next. It will never go away. :)

I’m under the impression that there was an entire Tigers board think tank that ran from October through to February one off season that came up with the name ‘Scats.’

It’s VERY, amusing. You’ve done well. I see you’ve replaced the letter ‘ ‘ that didn’t previously exist before the start of the word, with the letter ‘s’ and in doing so, changed our nickname from ‘cats’ - a reference to the feline pet, to ‘scats’- a shortened term for scatalogical remains or fecal remnants.

It really IS, quite, QUITE clever of you boffins at Tigerland and you all have SO much to be proud of with all your hard work. Do keep it up

ScatBoy it is then. 🤣

Last edited:

It’s weird man, they think they’re our rival for some reason and make everything about Geelong even when it doesn’t involve them.

Cats will always view Hawks as THE rival.
A fantastically competitive, driven and successful club who goes about it the right way.
Even if you are Poos and Wees to us, you are our most hated and most respected rival.
It’s an earned respect.

Pies at far distant second…anyone else is kidding themselves to think Cats give remotely a shit about their club.
It’s manufactured bullshit. Soo desperately clinging to get people to care about them.

Just need to go back into the wilderness for another 30 years.

You watch, they’ll get all pissy over it cause they know it’s true.

It’s weird man, they think they’re our rival for some reason and make everything about Geelong even when it doesn’t involve them.

A fantastically competitive, driven and successful club who goes about it the right way.
Even if you are Poos and Wees to us, you are our most hated and most respected rival.

Pies at far distant second…anyone else is kidding themselves to think Cats give remotely a shit about them.
It’s manufactured bullshit.

Hawks don’t have a rivalry with you bud, it’s all one way like us.

I mean shit you just pumped up the hawks “rivalry” by brown-nosing them. There is something wrong there, that’s not normal lol

Imagine retirement trolling and making the series of pathetic statements you have after hiding all season.

Fair-weather. In fact if Geelong didn't lose you would have been to afraid to post on the main board at all.

Weak as piss.
Why would I post on Geelong's board? it will only get you banned... I did though read what some of you guys were posting over there though seems like a of you guys are deluded "We can be proud of our year"

I saw one Cats supporter actually write something truthful...

"Also, sorry but 2 wins from our last 8 prelims is pathetic." that guy is actually telling the facts.

Plus, the way Hawkins career finished was terrible for an all-time great of the club. no send off.

It’s an earned respect.

Pies at far distant second…anyone else is kidding themselves to think Cats give remotely a shit about their club.
It’s manufactured bullshit. Soo desperately clinging to get people to care about them.

Just need to go back into the wilderness for another 30 years.

You watch, they’ll get all pissy over it cause they know it’s true.

Nothing finer than to smash an opponent in final after final who doesn't give a shit about you. :cool:

I concur. Definitely hate, but also respect. Its what happens with a real rivalry.
leonardo dicaprio GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didnt know you were taking it that hard, well maybe better than catman :tearsofjoy:

And yet still less flags then us over that period.
But more flags in total, 13 to 10. And we were crap for 37 years between 1980 and 2017 and you still didn't manage to overtake us.

But good on Geelol for getting to all those prelims but not quite taking out the premiership:tearsofjoy:

I didnt know you were taking it that hard, well maybe better than catman :tearsofjoy:

What, for pointing out what surely must be by far the least - or most, depending on which side of the sympathy fence you sit on - endearing trait of any supporter group on BigFooty - ie. how every tigers fan thinks they’re Eddie Murphy for coming up with a nickname for an opposition team or player by replacing a letter or syllable for that team or player that relates to faeces, masturbation, waste etc?

highlighting this fact owes little to tonight’s result, I’m sorry to say

14 prelims for 4 premierships this century actually is close to expected. You're a 1 in 4 chance from there, especially given Geelong's home finals are at the G.

Sides like Richmond being terrible and then winning 3 flags from their 5th prelim this century are outliers. Collingwood, Hawthorn, Geelong, Brisbane and West Coast have all lost a lot of finals in the AFL era. They also make it there a lot.

It's loser mentality to prefer avoiding prelims for 20 years at a time.

What a load of hogwash.

Winning 3 flags in 4 years (a dynasty) is not called an outlier but a champion team. Hawks 3 peat, lions 3 peat these are champion teams.

Just for clarity In the last 57 years Richmond has played in 10 GF's, ill explain it in layman's terms that's a GF appearance every 5.7 years.

From those 10 GF's we have won 8 flags. So in a nutshell we win a flag on average every 7.1 years.

If you want to go back to when the tigers joined the VFL in 1908, that's 13 flags in 116 years, pretty much win a flag every 9 years. What im trying to say is we'll be back sooner rather than later. History tells you that, FACT

I get it got to be in it to win it but we can also say no point making them if you don't win them. Pies 3 flags in 65 years that's 15 GF's for 3 flags and 12 chokes.
Swans 2 flags in the last 19 years and 4 GF losses. Or we can say 2 flags in 90 years.

Cats before 2017 had a 44 year hiatus. Are you forgetting that :rolleyes: So you can say 4 in 17 or 4 flags in the last 60 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back