Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 93 43.5%
  • Dusty

Votes: 126 58.9%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 75 35.0%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 47 22.0%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 65 30.4%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 60 28.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
What a load of hogwash.

Winning 3 flags in 4 years (a dynasty) is not called an outlier but a champion team. Hawks 3 peat, lions 3 peat these are champion teams.

Just for clarity In the last 57 years Richmond has played in 10 GF's, ill explain it in layman's terms that's a GF appearance every 5.7 years.

From those 10 GF's we have won 8 flags. So in a nutshell we win a flag on average every 7.1 years.

If you want to go back to when the tigers joined the VFL in 1908, that's 13 flags in 116 years, pretty much win a flag every 9 years. What im trying to say is we'll be back sooner rather than later. History tells you that, FACT

I get it got to be in it to win it but we can also say no point making them if you don't win them. Pies 3 flags in 65 years that's 15 GF's for 3 flags and 12 chokes.
Swans 2 flags in the last 19 years and 4 GF losses. Or we can say 2 flags in 90 years.

Cats before 2017 had a 44 year hiatus. Are you forgetting that :rolleyes: So you can say 4 in 17 or 4 flags in the last 60 years.

We’ve played in 10 in the last 35. In layman’s terms.

That’s one every 3.5 years. Just for clarity.

Now yes, I’m fully across that we haven’t won 8 of them, and kudos to you for winning the percentage that you have. Well done.

But being, putting it mildly, f**kin shithouse for year after year after year as an offset to the high winning percentage when you DO get there must feel like a tough trade off at times for a long term supporter

That’s one every 3.5 years.

lol lol lol you kill me if your lunacy. No one disputes playing in many GF's just ask the pies (15 in last 60 years, only winning 3) the name of the game is you need to win them more times than not. Cats losing 1989, 1992, 1994, 1995, 2008, 2020

4 flags in 17, or 4 flags in 60 but its still 4 :tearsofjoy:

That’s one every 3.5 years. Just for clarity.

Now yes, I’m fully across that we haven’t won 8 of them, and kudos to you for winning the percentage that you have. Well done.

But being, putting it mildly, f**kin shithouse for year after year after year as an offset to the high winning percentage when you DO get there must feel like a tough trade off at times for a long term supporter

Which means you have won 4 in the last 36 seasons in that period. 9 years per Grand Final win. Like you are boasting about a rate of Grand Final victories in a short period the same as our all time average. So you must rate Richmond then.

lol lol lol you kill me if your lunacy. No one disputes playing in many GF's just ask the pies (15 in last 60 years, only winning 3) the name of the game is you need to win them more times than not. Cats losing 1989, 1992, 1994, 1995, 2008, 2020

Imagine boasting about playing in 10 Grand Finals in 36 years to a club who played in 15 in 26 years. Think these guys need to understand their audience.

You just boasted about how you’ve played in 10 in 57 and literally pointed out ‘that’s one every 5.7 years’ like it was something people needed to know about.

I just thought you should be made aware of the fact that we’ve played 10 in 35.

Fact is the only people who associate Richmond with succeeding, realistically, are Richmond people:

We might all be aware now that you have this marvellous conversion rate in finals because you ejaculate over it more often than Jonny Sins but reality is, mate, that 95 per cent of footy followers that aren’t Richmond fans?

When you ask them what they think of when you mention the Tigers? They think of a club that for most of their life, unless they’re 20 or under, or 60 or older, has been a joke.

You just boasted about how you’ve played in 10 in 57 and literally pointed out ‘that’s one every 5.7 years’ like it was something people needed to know about.

I just thought you should be made aware of the fact that we’ve played 10 in 35.

Geez you left out the most important part that we won 8 flags from the 10 GF's
Now had we won 2 or 3 i dare say i wouldn't be boasting about that. Surely you get my meaning or perhaps not.

Imagine boasting about playing in 10 Grand Finals in 36 years to a club who played in 15 in 26 years. Think these guys need to understand their audience.

Imagine accusing a team of making the finals every year because of their home advantage who has the identical win percentage at the MCG as Richmond over the last 10 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine accusing a team of making the finals every year because of their home advantage who has the identical win percentage at the MCG as Richmond over the last 10 years.

Except when it matters most, in finals.

Richmond MCG finals last 10 seasons 6w 2l. 75% win rate.

Geelong MCG finals last 10 seasons 6w 6l. 50% win rate.

Win all you want but you seemed to make a pointed reference to how many you made, highlighted by your average of 5.7.

Oh dear i was initially replying to Mr Meow who pointed out Cats 14 prelims for 4 flags this century and tiges 5 prelims for 3 flags and that was an outlier lol

So just to add some clarity to the whole discussion i mentioned about the last 57 years and how many GF's we have played in and how many we have won. Our averages of GF appearances and premierships are better than some think.
We win premierships and have done so on a consistent basis throughout our time since we joined the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back