Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 95 42.2%
  • Dusty

Votes: 136 60.4%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 77 34.2%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 51 22.7%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 68 30.2%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 64 28.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
That is not true. It's nice to cling to good memories, but like most teams that experience highs, they are followed by lows. Richmond supporters are the only people blaming the rule change.
Who else can blame it lol!?
Richmond supporters claim the rule change emasculated the team? I put it to you it was (a) a failure to adapt and change the game plan, and (b) a rapid decline in the playing list.
(a) You mean change a game plan that's getting results?

(b) Our success was system based, if one player went out another came in and played his role. See that Port game in Adelaide in 2019, if 6 players went out, 6 players came in and played their role well enough to get the win. Still, you can't win every game you're in, like in 2019 when Geelong beat us at the 'G in a H&A game, now we had players missing in that game but you wouldn't of known it if you watched the carry on by the Geelong players during that game, and they were carrying on because they knew that we were a system based outfit. But, with the benefit of hindsight, we had a bad day at the office in a H&A game in 2019.

Did you actually watch football in 2009? The Saints were one of the best ever performed teams in the H&A. Cats and Saints were 13-0 coming into their R14 clash, and you claim the Saints were shit?

Saints % in 2009 was 155.7%. Compare that with Richmond 2017 - 118%; 2018 136.1% (when you finished on top in H&A); 2019 - 118.3%; and 2021 - 139%

Read this list and try not to throw up. There are like only 3-4 good players in it and one of them is a master choker.

Attachments

• IMG_4787.png
    IMG_4787.png
    65.2 KB · Views: 8
How’s your qualifiernaryship going?
22d629f45a47bfeeb00e2329d3c81799.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely not, it wasn't a real season of AFL football, it was a lightning cup

What a load of rubbish. I don’t believe you for one second. Why did your club bother trying to win it then? And let’s face it, you gave it a good go for the first half at least. If you’re such league heavyweights why didn’t you tell the AFL to get lost, you’re not interested in participating in a comp that’s not “real”?

If you had won you would have had a completely different attitude and you know it. You’re not fooling anyone.

Do you get a special spoon when you have the most losses in a single season recorded in 130 odd years?
Want a solid gold large bastard please. Melt that mongrel down, cash in, buy a couple of digs down Anglesea way that can be undersold with a contact to
Xerri
Tom Greene
Houston
Treacy

From my perspective of course it's real. I'm not one of these tossers like Meteoric Rise who claims, for example, that Geelong's 2022 premiership cannot be counted because the opposition was a "Division 2 team" whatever that meant.

I have never belittled any teams flags though plenty of others have continually claimed that Richmond’s recent success was in a ‘weak era.’

Some have said Geelong didn’t really have a dynasty because there was no b2b flags. I don’t subscribe to that theory either. All flags are bloody hard to win and all are deserved by the winners.

Good to see we've found where the tiger army has gone. Bigger crowd in here than the recent Richmond home games.

Tell me you're an AFL casual without telling me :tearsofjoy:

2 wins, bottom of the ladder and 4th overall for attendances. First club ever to get 1 million people through the gate which is the highest by any team on the bottom of the ladder. Kind of makes a mockery of your post.

crowds.jpg

crowds2.jpg

Emasculate derives from being masculine, emasculate means to make a man feel less masculine. You've got to stop telling everyone the rule change made Richmond footballers less masculine, LOL. It is embarrassing.
What was wrong with the meaning I put up?

Emasculate -
deprive (a football club) of their identity.
make (a football club) weaker or less effective.

Our identity was our pressure based system.

You don't remember Robbo asking Whateley: "But what is their system, it's just pressure isn't it, they can all do that?"

And then Whateley replied: "if they could, they would."

Geelong couldn't, and the rest is history, Hocking went to work, special needs were met, and with that, Richmond was made less effective.

If not emasculation, what would you call what happened to us?

2 wins, bottom of the ladder and 4th overall for attendances. First club ever to get 1 million people through the gate which is the highest by any team on the bottom of the ladder. Kind of makes a mockery of your post.

View attachment 2119145

View attachment 2119146

He’s just insecure that most people who support Geelong are either from being born into it or by getting tricked/paid to do so.

Got nothing going for them whatsoever. I vote for them to fold. Better for the game.

View attachment 2119145

View attachment 2119146

It was just a harmless joke. Touch a nerve though did I?

19k against GWS. 21k against Stkilda. Gonna have to start counting the seagulls to keep up the "Tiger army" nonsense.

He’s just insecure that most people who support Geelong are either from being born into it or by getting tricked/paid to do so.

Got nothing going for them whatsoever. I vote for them to fold. Better for the game.

The rich get richer and the others just ask for more. 2024 funding ladder wont be known until early 2025
funding.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back