Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 95 42.0%
  • Dusty

Votes: 137 60.6%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 77 34.1%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 51 22.6%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 68 30.1%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 64 28.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
He went hard on this for a few years. There's a ton of articles on it.

Now, now, this is that insecurity we were talking about.

Yes we know he went hard for it.

Last I heard, he isn’t me, or every other cats fan.

‘He didn’t train for a week and a half….. but once you cross the line you’re fully fit.’
Hardwick’s words about Martin after that prelim.
Oh but he wouldn’t ’make an excuse without making an excuse’ now would he.
Biggest sook in the game Dimma, when he was at the Tiges. Glad to see he’s finally found his gonads at the Suns and packed it in. 👍

36D46C3F-CE86-4D7A-A1BB-73A429506E45.jpeg
61511754-12A1-4C38-85DA-D6649E4919A8.jpeg

That is not true. It's nice to cling to good memories, but like most teams that experience highs, they are followed by lows. Richmond supporters are the only people blaming the rule change.

Richmond supporters claim the rule change emasculated the team? I put it to you it was (a) a failure to adapt and change the game plan, and (b) a rapid decline in the playing list.

Just look at the 2017 team. 7 players left by 2024, and in 2025 you will be lucky if there are still 4 in the team. That's not a turnover caused by a rule change, unless you concede the retirees and departees left because they couldn't adapt?

Parking the sh1te around the AFL concocting ways to bring down the Tiges, I assert that it was our coaches willingness to move away from our pressure game plan to a new game plan was what brought us undone. Keeping in mind that Collingwood won the flag last year around a game plan lifted straight out of Tigerland. And injuries. And the fact our players were cooked.

What makes it weak? Peaked at the correct time in 2019 after failing + learning in 2018.

2020 in a lot of ways was the most even year in decades - everyone played each other once, significant reduction in the alleged VicBias travel advantage etc.
lucked out and got to play a 13 win team followed by a 12 win team. 2020 is not a real premiership anyway since no one but the Tigers was trying (including Geelong), but congrats on the wizard home loans flag I guess, it'll sit right up there with this one; 1727074347507.png

There was zero good opposition in that era. You played adelaid, gws and 2020 ulta defensive geelong in grand finals. Yeek
You scored more goals than us in 2020, maybe you were ultra defensive against us because you shit yourselves? And our defense was better.
2009-11 was clearly the strongest era. Three absolutely dominant teams that would of all smashed the tigers flag teams had to share the spoils. Even the hawks struggled against those teams and had to wait their turn.
In my opinion that era was sh*t, '67 to '82 was the strongest era. I was born in '77 so I didn't see most of it, but I hear good things.

There was zero good opposition in that era. You played adelaid, gws and 2020 ulta defensive geelong in grand finals. Yeek

2009-11 was clearly the strongest era. Three absolutely dominant teams that would of all smashed the tigers flag teams had to share the spoils. Even the hawks struggled against those teams and had to wait their turn.
The era where Shocking oversaw Dank getting involved?

1727074708418.png

2009 -2013 is the taint era of CFL. Shocking got more taint than the average adult Tube

The era where Shocking oversaw Dank getting involved?

View attachment 2119308

2009 -2013 is the taint era of CFL. Shocking got more taint than the average adult Tube

This is the best you have?

‘When Steve hocking was there you once got one legal thing from a company to treat one injury for one bottom six player and told the AFL about it and the place you got it from, run by Dr Khan, had a tie to Steven Dank. You also had Steven Dank recommended as a potential staff member and decided against giving him any role with your club. And you were investigated and fully disclosed all of this.’

That’s just, just abominable from the Cats.

2020 is not a real premiership anyway since no one but the Tigers was trying (including Geelong)
That comment takes me back to grade 4, where I used to hear sh*t like "we weren't trying," and my favourite, "we let you win."

Anyway, it's not good to belittle Richmond's glorious flags, you really shouldn't do it. Remember "if he kicks it we win" 🤣🤣🤣 well he did 🤣🤣🤣

‘When Steve hocking was there you once got one legal thing from a company to treat one injury for one bottom six player and told the AFL about it and the place you got it from, run by Dr Khan, had a tie to Steven Dank. You also had Steven Dank recommended as a potential staff member and decided against giving him any role with your club. And you were investigated and fully disclosed all of this.’

That’s just, just abominable from the Cats.
When was Geelong investigated, after Essendon got stitched up, or when Dank's friend the Weapon was still at Geelong?

That comment takes me back to grade 4, where I used to hear sh*t like "we weren't trying," and my favourite, "we let you win."

Anyway, it's not good to belittle Richmond's glorious flags, you really shouldn't do it. Remember "if he kicks it we win" 🤣🤣🤣 well he did 🤣🤣🤣
you're almost 50, those emojis are not very skibidi rizz of you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do the Tigers have the weakest b2b ever? 25 combined wins for their opponents. Geelong beat 20 win opponents twice lmao.

Oh the cope is real.

3 in 4 in an 18 team comp beats

3 in 5 in an 16 team comp.

It’s why the former is a dynasty and the latter isn’t.

Cry harder.

Oh the cope is real.

Cry harder.
Falcon you don't need to viscerally explain what you're doing because of the facts

Falcon you don't need to viscerally explain what you're doing because of the facts

If you didn’t care and thought it was BS you wouldn’t be responding.

You are responding because you are scared people reading will be persuaded by my comments and rightfully chuck 07-11 Geelong in the bin.

So I’m gonna keep doing it so the message really sinks in.

Oh the cope is real.

Cry harder.

While I don’t buy into the argument you’re refuting, the logic of your reply is just as stupid when you’re trying to brag:

An 18 team comp instantly means that talent is spread thinner and as such the teams, as an automatic starting point, are inherently weaker.

If you didn’t care and thought it was BS you wouldn’t be responding.

You are responding because you are scared people reading will be persuaded by my comments and rightfully chuck 07-11 Geelong in the bin.

So I’m gonna keep doing it so the message really sinks in.
This is projection at its finest

1727082311177.png

While I don’t buy into the argument you’re refuting, the logic of your reply is just as stupid when you’re trying to brag:

An 18 team comp instantly means that talent is spread thinner and as such the teams, as an automatic starting point, are inherently weaker.

Yeah you’re right. The Olympics are junk. A 100m sprint against my dad is harder to win.

If you can’t see how supporting Geelong as warped your mind I can’t help you. It’s 100% backwards thinking on almost every single topic.

You are probably a hypocrite too as you don’t believe those 4 team comps in the 1800’s are super teams do you? Surely not.

Last edited:
Yeah you’re right. The Olympics are junk. A 100m sprint against my dad is harder to win.

If you can’t see how supporting Geelong as warped your mind I can’t help you.
That’s the shittest analogy in history. Your dad isn’t an Olympic sprinter.

If there are 300 genuinely good afl quality players in the league and only 10 teams, how good do you think every team’s best 22 will be each week, and then compare it to how good each team’s best 22 will be if there’s 300 genuinely good afl quality players in the league and there’s 18 teams? You literally have to go back two matches to see three cast offs from Geelong who couldn’t get a regular game with us in Esava’s case, and Evans and Narkle who couldn’t get a game with us at all, who played all three finals for a preliminary final team. And Geelong itself is not that good a team.

It’s not the brag you think it is.

Do they display all eight spoons proudly somewhere at Punt Rd or are they stashed in a cabinet somewhere, out of sight, out of mind?

cea1c90f-6eee-487e-980e-ced84dc8ef99_1_201_a.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back