Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 98 40.7%
  • Dusty

Votes: 149 61.8%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 80 33.2%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 56 23.2%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 69 28.6%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 66 27.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
In Fiction? No, GAJ can be found in the Legends section.

But not the cover. Maybe he’s that boring and forgettable which I get. Half his career was spent in the toilet.

I remember in primary school we were all saying don’t be a 1 2 footballer like GAJ. Even kids know padding stats isn’t a good look.

Last edited:
No postage on weekends.

danny-devito-wooden-spoon-30cm.jpg

But not the cover. Maybe he’s that boring and forgettable which I get. Half his career was spent in the toilet.

I remember in primary school we were all saying don’t be a 1 2 footballer like GAJ. Even kids know padding stats isn’t a good look.

9 finals campaigns to 8. Interesting definition of toilet.

Bulltish. Everyone knows you were home schooled

And no one was saying it. He is 27. He’s trying to claim that in 2007-08 ‘everyone was saying don’t be a 1-2 stat padder.’

Because that’s how kids talk in primary school
The way GAJ dominated the game everyone was asking just how good GAJ is and can get. But maybe in Falcon’s/Cleanwipe’s circle they were already looking at ways to cut the tall poppy

The way GAJ dominated the game everyone was asking just how good GAJ is and can get. But maybe in Falcon’s/Cleanwipe’s circle they were already looking at ways to cut the tall poppy

I’m not the one not caring about finals cause an oppo player destroys every Geelong player at it. That’s what you call tall poppy.

Richmond people don’t get jealous of Gold Coast awards mate sorry, the fact you boast about them too is what’s really sad. GAJ himself would trade resumes with Dusty, everybody would cause finals are the most important thing in the game.

And no one was saying it. He is 27. He’s trying to claim that in 2007-08 ‘everyone was saying don’t be a 1-2 stat padder.’

Because that’s how kids talk in primary school

You never heard people say 1-2?

It has a negative connotation to it, it means you are a stat padder. GAJ invented it.

The eras before him were low disposals high impact.

Meanwhile he gets 30+ disposals in finals his team gets rolled in. Like Neale in the 2019 QF with 51 disposals, meanwhile Dusty goes 14 and 6 tearing the game to pieces. That’s the different between the two of them.

It’s why Dusty is 3/3 Norm Smiths

And the Abletts are 1/8 Norms Smiths and 2/8 flags.

In fact everytime an Ablett was BOG in a GF they lost it. That’s not a GOAT, why would I be envious of that utter crap.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not the one not caring about finals cause an oppo player destroys every Geelong player at it. That’s what you call tall poppy.

Richmond people don’t get jealous of Gold Coast awards mate sorry, the fact you boast about them too is what’s really sad. GAJ himself would trade resumes with Dusty, everybody would cause finals are the most important thing in the game.
Firstly, you obviously have no idea what tall poppy syndrome is.

You are so jealous of everything Geelong, so dont pretend otherwise. You had your 3 premierships and now you are in Siberia. Geelong has won 4 and is still contending.

And I doubt very much GAJ would trade resumes with Dusty or anyone. For GAJ it was about being part of a team that achieved greatness, not individual awards. Read his book and you’ll learn something. That’s why he left Geelong in 2010.

As great as Dusty was it was short lived and ended badly because in an average team like Richmond 2024 he was next to useless. Even in an average GC team Ablett won a Brownlow and would have won another if not for injury.

Last edited:
You never heard people say 1-2?

It has a negative connotation to it, it means you are a stat padder. GAJ invented it.

The eras before him were low disposals high impact.

Meanwhile he gets 30+ disposals in finals his team gets rolled in. Like Neale in the 2019 QF with 51 disposals, meanwhile Dusty goes 14 and 6 tearing the game to pieces. That’s the different between the two of them.

It’s why Dusty is 3/3 Norm Smiths

And the Abletts are 1/8 Norms Smiths and 2/8 flags.

In fact everytime an Ablett was BOG in a GF they lost it. That’s not a GOAT, why would I be envious of that utter crap.

I hung out with actual humans mate. Not pretend people I made up on an internet forum 15 years later

Firstly, you obviously have no idea what tall poppy syndrome is.

You are so jealous of everything Geelong, so dont pretend otherwise. You had your 3 premierships and now you are in Siberia. Geelong has won 4 and is still contending.

And I doubt very much GAJ would trade resumes with Dusty or anyone. For GAJ it was about being part of a team that achieved greatness, not individual awards. Read his book and you’ll learn something. That’s why he left Geelong in 2010.

As great as Dusty was it was short lived and ended badly because in an average team like Richmond 2024 he was next to useless. Even in an average GC team Ablett won a Brownlow and would have won another if not for injury.

Except Dusty has better individual and team awards bro 🤣🤣🤣

And please our dynasty was built on playing for each other. Dusty hid his NS whilst GAJ left his club in his prime, so don’t try and pull that.

In those 4 years he dwarfed what Ablett did.

Also why did you reference Brownlow when you just said it wasn’t about individual awards, like hello.

Last edited:
Except Dusty has better individual and team awards bro 🤣🤣🤣

And please our dynasty was built on playing for each other. Dusty hid his NS whilst GAJ left his club in his prime, so don’t try and pull that.

In those 4 years he dwarfed what Ablett did.

Also why did you reference Brownlow when you just said it wasn’t about individual awards, like hello.

Sure.

When does the "days since Richmond won a final" thread get started?

We're at 1,443 and counting.

Great point actually. When Richmond last won a final it was the Grand Final that secured B2B flags, without whhich the Cats would have won both. phew, nobody wants that.

Days since Richmond B2B = 1,443.

Days since Geelol B2b = 26,307

Days between Geelol most recent B2B and Richmond most recent B2B: 24,864

Lest we forget.

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back