Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 99 40.6%
  • Dusty

Votes: 151 61.9%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 83 34.0%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 56 23.0%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 71 29.1%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 67 27.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Did find one nugget of gold from the thread that keeps on giving in the wake of the Panthers NRL triumph last night:

Essentially saying ‘the NRL celebrates its four time premiers by congratulating them rather than trying to bring them down by handicapping them and being in rules to stop them succeeding’ 😂😂😂😂

Well aside from losing my shit at how strong the victim mentality is when I read this, it actually jogged my memory because I seemed to recall something.

Lo and behold I went back to the beginning of 2020.

Guess who the reigning two time premiers were in the NRL?

My Roosters.

The first team to go back to back in a unified competition since the Broncos in 92-93. In the wake of their second premiership the NRL introduced the six again rule, whereby instead of teams just giving away a penalty for being inside the 10m, or a ruck infringement, and play being stopped and giving a team time to have a breather and re-setting their defence - penalising teams who liked to play an up-and-in defence who would back themselves to give away a few penalties until the other team made a mistake - they changed the rule to promote a more free flowing, attack based game. The tackle count would simply restart

Now the Roosters have not won a competition since but a) I’m yet to hear a single fan complain about a conspiracy, and b) we responded to this unprecedented turn of events by making five consecutive finals series, as any professional team should when confronted with a change to the rules whilst being the best team in the competition

Did find one nugget of gold from the thread that keeps on giving in the wake of the Panthers NRL triumph last night:

Essentially saying ‘the NRL celebrates its four time premiers by congratulating them rather than trying to bring them down by handicapping them and being in rules to stop them succeeding’ 😂😂😂😂

Well aside from losing my shit at how strong the victim mentality is when I read this, it actually jogged my memory because I seemed to recall something.

Lo and behold I went back to the beginning of 2020.

Guess who the reigning two time premiers were in the NRL?

My Roosters.

The first team to go back to back in a unified competition since the Broncos in 92-93. In the wake of their second premiership the NRL introduced the six again rule, whereby instead of teams just giving away a penalty for being inside the 10m, or a ruck infringement, and play being stopped and giving a team time to have a breather and re-setting their defence - penalising teams who liked to play an up-and-in defence who would back themselves to give away a few penalties until the other team made a mistake - they changed the rule to promote a more free flowing, attack based game. The tackle count would simply restart

Now the Roosters have not won a competition since but a) I’m yet to hear a single fan complain about a conspiracy, and b) we responded to this unprecedented turn of events by making five consecutive finals series, as any professional team should when confronted with a change to the rules whilst being the best team in the competition

My lil nugget of gold is the Panthers getting praised as one of the best teams ever specifically referring to the 4 peat.

So glad you brought the NRL up. No Geelong dynasty confirmed.

Wood afternoon!

l-intro-1694032688.jpg

My lil nugget of gold is the Panthers getting praised as one of the best teams ever specifically referring to the 4 peat.

So glad you brought the NRL up. No Geelong dynasty confirmed.

Who gives a shit.
They also don’t keep moaning.
If you blokes lost as many players as they do you’d storm the United Nations carrying placards and demanding the deaths of anyone who’s ever been associated with a trade deal of any sort, sport related or otherwise.

They just get on with it and keep succeeding.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back