Geelong vs Collingwood - 2011 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most football purists would agree that the "Geelong way" is simply a better brand of football than the safety first boundary-line modus operandi that Collingwood employ.

There's not much panache with the Pies game-style and they generally get over the line through 4th quarter attrition.

Geelong have a terrific fitness base and won't be running out of legs late in the game. In fact with Collingwood's injuries and underdone players they might even struggle to match the Cats in this regard.

Geelong's best is better. :)

I had to laugh hard at this post...and believe me there have been some seriously delusional ones on here.

Can you please explain how Collingwood's "4th quarter attrition" has somehow lead to the HIGHEST PERCENTAGE IN VFL/AFL history?

I await your answer with baited breath.

Geez I hope Mooney slots somewhere into the Cats team so he and Leigh Brown can charge around picking blokes off everywhere, and then go toe-to-toe in the Punt Rd goal square. Would be a sight to be seen for sure

I had to laugh hard at this post...and believe me there have been some seriously delusional ones on here.

Can you please explain how Collingwood's "4th quarter attrition" has somehow lead to the HIGHEST PERCENTAGE IN VFL/AFL history?

You percentage is largely due to taking the opportunity to really beat up on weak teams for the whole season, as well as good early form.

You percentage is largely due to taking the opportunity to really beat up on weak teams for the whole season, as well as good early form.

Percentage was on record pace to absolutely obliterate the all time greatest percentage before we had even played GC or PORT late in the season, so try again.

With respect Collingwood's 22-2 record is moot in this discussion as their opponents went 21-3. If you seriously think a mid year loss to Essendon when we suffered from an attack of hubris will affect the result of this game you really have lost the plot.

Both sides are as good each other, they have won the last two flags and split the previous two prelims, the result will be determined by accurate kicking and probably some luck.

North Melbourne twice, Richmond, Melbourne

haha clutching at straws, admittedly we played our best footy mid season, we play Geelong on Saturday and bring in our mid season form that chalked up our percentage we will win by 10 goals. :thumbsu:

Ease up tiger... attrition of the opposing teams because they couldn't match the Pies fitness base. :eek:

However the Cats DO have a great fitness base and will not be found wanting on that front. ;)

haha clutching at straws, admittedly we played our best footy mid season, we play Geelong on Saturday and bring in our mid season form that chalked up our percentage we will win by 10 goals. :thumbsu:

Your mid season form hasn't been there throughout the entire finals series, what makes you think it'll suddenly show up now? ...and didn't we beat you mid season anyway? ;)

Ease up tiger... attrition of the opposing teams because they couldn't match the Pies fitness base. :eek:

However the Cats DO have a great fitness base and will not be found wanting on that front. ;)

Yeah I know they do. According to this thread they're freaking amazing; they have the best fitness, the best skills in the wet, the best forwards, the best defence, the best mids, and the best rucks.

No wonder they were the minor premiers and had the highest percentage.

Yeah I know they do. According to this thread they're freaking amazing; they have the best fitness, the best skills in the wet, the best forwards, the best defence, the best mids, and the best rucks.

No wonder they were the minor premiers and had the highest percentage.

Minor premierships and high percentages don't win you Grand Finals pal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 Questions:

1: Where is the Collingwood live site, I'm going with a mate and he reckons it's Gosch's Paddock but last year they used the music bowl so I'm not sure.

2: Do they still open the gates in the final quarter?

Your mid season form hasn't been there throughout the entire finals series, what makes you think it'll suddenly show up now? ...and didn't we beat you mid season anyway? ;)

Never said it would. Just sayin that our percantage was smashing record pace before we played the weaker teams, said if we brought our mid season form than it would be bye bye Cats, by bout 10 goals. Go back and re-read.

2 Questions:

1: Where is the Collingwood live site, I'm going with a mate and he reckons it's Gosch's Paddock but last year they used the music bowl so I'm not sure.

2: Do they still open the gates in the final quarter?

1. More like Gosch's Swamp this year

2. I tried to get into Richmond v Collingwood at 3/4 time this year and was told that the MCG hadn't allowed it for "at least the last five years". I thought it was written in the constitution. Maybe it was the vibe of it.

Luckily it's a marathon and not a 400m

Yeah, cause if we brought in the form that I was trying to explain to your dim-witted friends that brought about our massive percentage, Cats would get slughtered. Although we are far from that, where still an each way bet playing of in the granny, some football side ey. Out of form, and still an each way bet for the flag, amazing!

Never said it would. Just sayin that our percantage was smashing record pace before we played the weaker teams, said if we brought our mid season form than it would be bye bye Cats, by bout 10 goals. Go back and re-read.

Livin in the past... why not bring up last years prelim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back