Geelong vs Collingwood - 2011 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL at the desperate comments by pies supporters about Bartel.. The fear is stronger then I first thought...

Mate, ofcourse Geelong are to be feared, as are Collingwood, it's a grand final now, it's all or nothing, your post is stupid and inane.

Re Bartel, pure speculation. I would suspect the rumour is full of shit... All that aside, you have taken a very keen interest in Collingwood this year and for good reason, we are playing of against the Cats, both teams, and their supporters will all be shitting themselves.

LOL at the desperate comments by pies supporters about Bartel.. The fear is stronger then I first thought...

I would not call the interest fear.

It will have a bearing on who plays...no?

During the WC game he did go off and it was said he had sore ribs, don't know if they are broken but if he has broken ribs he'd be ruled out of the GF you'd think. Terrible news if true, we need our Jimmy :thumbsu:

I was just under the impression he was playing with the flu. He did though appear to turn an ankle but I can't see that being enough to keep him out of the game.

As for injuries werent the pies looking at jolly (abductor muscle), Reid (hammy - ongoing), Johnson (calf), Maxwell (ribs) and daisy also left the ground early. The hawks have certainly softened the pies up

These are of course all speculation and I'm sure there will be quite a few injured bodies from both teams going into the game

Please post a source about Bartel having broken ribs. Because all accounts is he is fine. As for Johnson, after the game he was walking around with barely a limp. He'll play.

Nah, I'm ok mate. Just had a bad virus, but I'll be right to play this Saturday.

As for injuries werent the pies looking at jolly (abductor muscle), Reid (hammy - ongoing), Johnson (calf), Maxwell (ribs) and daisy also left the ground early. The hawks have certainly softened the pies up
Please, no where near accurate there.

Jolly has an abductor strain from all reports, so that's about the only one you got right.

Thomas came off and threw up, as he does every 2nd or 3rd week because he runs himself into the ground like some of the past greats have done (Robert Harvey comes to mind).

Reid has a quad injury (front of the leg, not back), but the fact he played 3 quarters on it shows he will play this week.

Johnson got a cut eye and a knock to knee, similar to the one Cloke got towards the end of the year, no real problem there, he has had an ongoing knee problem (it keeps "pinching" on him) for a while now, he's a warrior, he'll play through it.

Maxy is fine, he got winded and will play.

Jolly is the only real concern for us, he will be given up to game time to show if he can play or not, expect him to be named in the 22 and Wood named as an emergency.

Thomas came off and threw up, as he does every 2nd or 3rd week because he runs himself into the ground like some of the past greats have done (Robert Harvey comes to mind).

I was thinking more Ben Cousins

Look at the form

Geelong vs Pies - first game geelong dominated and won by a kick, 2nd game destroyed them (somewhat tainted but still means something)

Pies vs Eagles, only just kicked away at the end

Geelong vs Eagles, controlled the game from the start

Pies vs Hawks, Pies lucky to win

Geelong vs Hawks, Geelong win fairly comfortably

Motivations - Geelong has to avenge their defeat from last year, the pies not as motivated back to back is hard as shown in 08

Dramas - the whole buckley/MM thing, all the GWS talk with pies players signing short term contracts to stay (maybe thinking about jumping ship in a couple of years?)

Injuries/Form - Pies have a few more injuries to worry about especially Jolly and have a few guys out of form.. Geelong only have SJ and whether Joel Corey can play well second up

The physically taxing game vs the hawks will take a lot out of the pies, they dont have the same hardened bodies as the cats and have a lot more softer players. Geelong dont need a tough game to wake them up, they are an experienced side and know what is required.

Personally I think Geelong should win fairly easily, there is no reason to think the pies will suddenly turn it on, they are no longer the hunter like they were last year.

Major area is in the ruck, Jolly is struggling/injured and Wood is physically weak. Ottens and West are both in good form and should dominate, giving a big advantage to the geelong midfield.

Pods and Hawkins are really looking like powerhouse forwards who can take contested marks in finals. They are looking like real contributers instead of liabilities. If they can play as they have against WCE and Hawthorn then the Pies wont just get easy ball out the backline.

I think Geelong by about 10 goals, the Pies just look rattled like we did last year, too many guys coming back into the team after fairly long breaks out and a few more injuries.

people can analyse all they like, but before anyone gets upset about anyone else's comments, the grand final is being played next saturday and no the result will not be influenced by the comments on bigfooty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at the form

Geelong vs Pies - first game geelong dominated and won by a kick, 2nd game destroyed them (somewhat tainted but still means something)

Pies vs Eagles, only just kicked away at the end

Geelong vs Eagles, controlled the game from the start

Pies vs Hawks, Pies lucky to win

Geelong vs Hawks, Geelong win fairly comfortably

Motivations - Geelong has to avenge their defeat from last year, the pies not as motivated back to back is hard as shown in 08

Dramas - the whole buckley/MM thing, all the GWS talk with pies players signing short term contracts to stay (maybe thinking about jumping ship in a couple of years?)

Injuries/Form - Pies have a few more injuries to worry about especially Jolly and have a few guys out of form.. Geelong only have SJ and whether Joel Corey can play well second up

The physically taxing game vs the hawks will take a lot out of the pies, they dont have the same hardened bodies as the cats and have a lot more softer players. Geelong dont need a tough game to wake them up, they are an experienced side and know what is required.

Personally I think Geelong should win fairly easily, there is no reason to think the pies will suddenly turn it on, they are no longer the hunter like they were last year.

Major area is in the ruck, Jolly is struggling/injured and Wood is physically weak. Ottens and West are both in good form and should dominate, giving a big advantage to the geelong midfield.

Pods and Hawkins are really looking like powerhouse forwards who can take contested marks in finals. They are looking like real contributers instead of liabilities. If they can play as they have against WCE and Hawthorn then the Pies wont just get easy ball out the backline.

I think Geelong by about 10 goals, the Pies just look rattled like we did last year, too many guys coming back into the team after fairly long breaks out and a few more injuries.
LOL.

We'll forget that vs. the Eagles, the Pies had Maxwell, Shaw and Davis all coming back and Thomas and Reid missing, while against the Hawks, Thomas and Reid were just coming back, with Jolly and Reid both seriously injuring themselves in the game, and Maxwell and Johnson also sore.

But hey, whatever makes you sleep at night.

PS. I can play that game too, should we compare our matches against Essendon? :)

Collingwood's got Geelong's measure when it matters. Expect another pants pulling performance ala last years prelim.
nom nom nom

Who will win? Whoever gets the game on thier own terms.
For the pies it's about defensive pressure and lots of it, I think the tackle count is the most important stat. In our wins against them it's been through the roof.
If Geelong are allowed to much space it could get ugly, they only need 5 min windows to put sides away as they did against the hawks.

Also theres talk of showers,this might suit the pies???:confused:

Jolly and Reid will be major factors in the result, if they play then they'll be jabbed up to mask their injuries but won't be 100%, so they run the risk of taking in players who aren't right. If they don't play them, well Goldsack could cover Reid somewhat, but Wood will get r*ped by Ottens and West.

For the pies it's about defensive pressure and lots of it, I think the tackle count is the most important stat. In our wins against them it's been through the roof.
If Geelong are allowed to much space it could get ugly, they only need 5 min windows to put sides away as they did against the hawks.

Geelong have got bigger seasoned bodies then collingwood, and for that fact then anyone in the comp, i pray to god that it rains that day :D

Any sort of analysis suggests Geelong should win. Simply, their players are in better form, their list is healthier, their recent wins have been more impressive, and they have accounted for Collingwood 2 from 2 this year including an absolute spanking.

I will be so much more proud of a Collingwood win this year than I was last year should it eventuate. It will take something special in my opinion, so here is hoping for something special!!

I will be extremely proud of Geelong win or lose. Against the odds and contrary to what most experts predicted, they have made it to another big one.

I hope I'm wrong but I can't see how we can possibly win. We are nowhere near our best at the moment, whilst Geelong looks invincible. I can't shake the feeling that they will smash us. We are into the Grand Final and I'm not even excited, that's so not right, but I have a bad bad feeling

They've surprised me before so I still live with hope.

If collingwood play like they have been then its a geelong win, i been saying for weeks the pies dont look like themselves. Anything can happen

didnt help at all in 2002 did it LMFAO :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back