Cats Forwards vs Pies Defence = 60/40 in Pies Favour
Pies Forwards vs Cats Defence = 50/50
Midfield vs Midfield = 50/50
Xfactor vs Xfactor = 50/50
Rucks vs Rucks = 60/40 in Geelongs favour

Both teams will look to expose a select few:
Pies will go after Scarlett, Ling, Duncan, Mackie, Christensen, Stokes, Wojo
Cats will go after Davis, B.Johnson, Krakauer, Didak, Sidebottom, Beams & Blair

Both teams have conceded < 70 points in both finals.

Whoever can absorb the pressure & has the fitness & composure will lift the cup & I think it will be the reigning premiers who prevail by 21 points over the peoples champions.

Collingwood will win.

The players have relised we arent invincible. No one else could have come back from where we were last night. After buddys huge goal most teams would have dropped there heads.

Collingwood are a better team playing at 100%. Collingwood will come out firing like they can it will be a great game
I reckon you were a much better side last year.

Congratulations to Collingwood and Geelong for making the big one and Good Luck to both teams.

Hoping for a tight, close game.

I'll leave the predictions until more is known on whether Stevie J, Jolly, Reid etc are good to go

Pies by 27.

People are seriously underrating Hawthorn last night, they were good and we played pretty ordinary shit for much of the night and still won.
We've been the best side for 2 years and there's a reason for that.

I sort of agree with this. Last year our first two finals were against sides who were doged by injures (Dogs) and just had a stale game plan, and needed a freshen up (Cats) The "hardest" (for lack of a better word, because there are no easy finals) we had seems obvious that it was the draw.

Our guys were a lot fitter this time last year as well. This time around the Cats seem fresh, and have a good game plan going, they've had a couple of pretty comfortable finals wins, whilst we've had to grind them out. Its gonna be a great tough fight next Saturday.

Geelong have laboured a few times this year and eventually found form.

Collingwood is ready to hunt in packs again and when Collingwood hunts, no team can match us. The aggression that is our trademark was missing for 3 quarters last night. Hawthorn encountered a wall of Collingwood defenders pumping the ball back continuously in the last quarter. There will be no lethargy this time for 3 quarters.

Only 4 players showed any real form at all against Hawthorn. They were Cloke, Swan, Tarrant and Ball. The rest will step up like they did between the Draw and GF Replay last year.

I reckon we should'nt read into the round 24 clash that they had... Should be an absoulute thriler!! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^^ Cant help but think that Last night was Collingwood's 2010 GF1

Reckon last year will be very fresh and they'll put it together & beat the cats. Cats forward line seems vulnerable a la 2008 for mine. Hawks had the forward line + desperation in 2008 & Pies seem to have that in 2011

Yeah I still don't think cats just have it... I hope it's a tight, hard grand final! Something decent to watch. :)

Geelong have laboured a few times this year and eventually found form.

Collingwood is ready to hunt in packs again and when Collingwood hunts, no team can match us. The aggression that is our trademark was missing for 3 quarters last night. Hawthorn encountered a wall of Collingwood defenders pumping the ball back continuously in the last quarter. There will be no lethargy this time for 3 quarters.

Only 4 players showed any real form at all against Hawthorn. They were Cloke, Swan, Tarrant and Ball. The rest will step up like they did between the Draw and GF Replay last year.
Last year, I agree, you were irresistible; this year, you've looked patchy and vulnerable a worrying number of times.

As for Cats looking 'flat' - their player management this year has been excellent, resting players all year to keep them fresh.

Going back to back is extraordinarily difficult as Geelong, the best side over the last 5 years, have shown.Everything needs to go right, especially with the extra long season and a shortened preseason thanks to the draw.

It's going to be a thriller...I hope.:thumbsu:

Pies by 27.

People are seriously underrating Hawthorn last night, they were good and we played pretty ordinary shit for much of the night and still won.
We've been the best side for 2 years and there's a reason for that.

We've been the best side for the past 5 years, there's a reason for that too! :D

Where did you here that Bartel had broken ribs? I have heard he was rushed of to hospital... A massive drama unfolding if that's true. :eek: :eek: :eek:

During the WC game he did go off and it was said he had sore ribs, don't know if they are broken but if he has broken ribs he'd be ruled out of the GF you'd think. Terrible news if true, we need our Jimmy :thumbsu:

Please post a source about Bartel having broken ribs. Because all accounts is he is fine. As for Johnson, after the game he was walking around with barely a limp. He'll play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back