Geelong vs Collingwood - 2011 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon me if I don't happen to post everything I have ever thought about everything in the world in every post I make! :rolleyes: It might wind up taking up a bit too much space on the BF server!
You have a habit of exaggerating things. First, I can't read because I didn't take a certain post into recognition. Then you manage to turn a thought into every single thing you think. Don't sweat the small stuff:eek:

WTF??? As far as I can tell there have been no flaws and I don't understand why you would point it out as a flaw anyway and then agree with it in another post. Someone once mentioned to me that there is a concept on internet forums called self pwnage. Never quite understood it until now!

I would have pointed it out as a flaw because you didn't mention it at first. I didn't see a post. And? Are you going to e-gang up on me behind the computer screen? Are you going to comment on my knowledge now?

TheLip, you are as arrogant as they come. You couldn't care less about other people's opinions, when they listen to yours, and then when they have reasons for their arguments, you look for the smallest problem. You will go as far as definitions of words.

How about you worry about football instead of educating people? Had enough of reading the drivel you post.

The thread is aptly named, it's not the place to go on about English.

Stevie J has been named in the official Cats team for the GF.

That guy is not human, I swear:thumbsu:

paul invited himself over to Nick's on Saturday (we all know what happened last time). nick said the beer's on you mate :D

Now a proper reply to your post:
agree, that guy does the impossible. But sometimes he fails miserably, so who knows if he'll have a good impact.

Stevie J has been named in the official Cats team for the GF.

That guy is not human, I swear:thumbsu:

Why, because he got named on Thursday afternoon? Put your dick back in your pants and wait until the real team sheets come through on Saturday arvo.

Cant believe SJ is playing...
He's not, Byrnes or Milburn will come in, depending on the weather.

SJ is the most injured player of the 3 (Reid, Jolly, Johnson) and to play him would be close to footballing suicide.

I hope he plays, as a Pies fan, but as a football fan, it would be better if both teams had as close to 22 fit players as possible.

you'd just think he would certainly know by now... whats the point of games..

I think if he's named then he is a good chance of playing

Calm down, jesus.... :rolleyes:

He made a perfectly fair and valid point. Just because he was named in the them which he was always going to be regardless of if he was fit or not there's hardly a need to get overly excited by calling him "not human." Just sayin......

you'd just think he would certainly know by now... whats the point of games..

I think if he's named then he is a good chance of playing

LOL those games are played pretty much every single year by most teams in the GF when it comes to injured players. Even if a player is only 40/60 you still have to name them if they're some sort of chance which obviously Johnson still is. If he comes up all well and good and if he doesn't then that's what the emergencies are for.

LOL those games are played pretty much every single year by most teams in the GF when it comes to injured players. Even if a player is only 40/60 you still have to name them if they're some sort of chance which obviously Johnson still is. If he comes up all well and good and if he doesn't then that's what the emergencies are for.

fair enough

Chris Scott has said all week that SJ would be named and would undergo a fitness test on Friday afternoon.

FWIW, I think SJ and Jolly will miss for Milburn and Wood.

I agree, Geelong people all seem hopeful at best and it doesnt bode well this late in the week.

Jolly was crippled 7 days ago, I cant see them sending him in to a wet grand final as impressively as he trained.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why, because he got named on Thursday afternoon? Put your dick back in your pants and wait until the real team sheets come through on Saturday arvo.

If you've seen all the miracle goals, assists and side handballs he's produced, let alone all the cinch shots and decisions he's failed, and combine it with the fact that he has made a miracle recovery when the injury could have easily taken away the majority of next season, you'd tend to believe he's a little out of the ordinary.

Saw a confident, happy SJ run a lap at training without a limp. He should be fine.

No need to mention my dick, but you can if you really feel that way about me:eek:

If you've seen all the miracle goals, assists and side handballs he's produced, let alone all the cinch shots and decisions he's failed, and combine it with the fact that he has made a miracle recovery when the injury could have easily taken away the majority of next season, you'd tend to believe he's a little out of the ordinary.

Saw a confident, happy SJ run a lap at training without a limp. He should be fine.

No need to mention my dick, but you can if you really feel that way about me:eek:

Pfffft, why is everyone worried then.

In the interests of everyone enjoying the next 36 hours I will refrain from making further comment on a few posts here and just say this.

Good luck to both sides. It is an honour and a priveledge to make a grand final and one that is never achieved unless earned. Both sides have a right to feel justifiably proud of their achievements this year regardless of the outcome of tomorrow's match. I personally hope we get a great game and that there are no injuries. I would also like to think that I won't even notice that there are umpires on the ground. To the BF Cats and Pies fans I hope you don't allow yourself to become too emotionally invested to enjoy what should be a fabulously enjoyable occasion. May the best team win!

Go Pies! :thumbsu:

He's not, Byrnes or Milburn will come in, depending on the weather.

SJ is the most injured player of the 3 (Reid, Jolly, Johnson) and to play him would be close to footballing suicide.

I hope he plays, as a Pies fan, but as a football fan, it would be better if both teams had as close to 22 fit players as possible.

Given SJ doesn't do a fitness test until later today you seem to have some strong inside knowledge ......:eek:

What is clear is that unless he's 99% Scott won't play him.

Given SJ doesn't do a fitness test until later today you seem to have some strong inside knowledge ......:eek:

What is clear is that unless he's 99% Scott won't play him.

Well it doesn't take Einstein to work out given that both Reid and Jolly have trained relatively strongly this week and Johnson has done what, one lap?

I don't even understand why anyone would waste time thinking about it. It's a total non-issue. If he plays I reckon it could only be as a decoy but then personally I couldn't care less whether he was 100% fit. I can barely recall Stevie J ever doing much against us in a live rubber when he was. In the end my money is on him not playing. When you look at vision of the trauma his knee went through last week you'd have to think there would be serious doubts over its stability for at least a few weeks.

Pfffft, why is everyone worried then.

Because they saw them training two days ago, not yesterday. I have a friend who works at SS. Good excuse to watch the boys, "I need to take ------- to ----- -------, so I'm here to pick him up".

Are the the pies done or did the Eagles play awesome footy but the pies were better in qf. Did the hawks play to their absolute best, i think they did and maybe 15% on top of that , but the pies were better in the end. The hawks last friday would of done the cats. Maybe that awsome last quarter from the pies is what we see for 4 quarters on saturday. The love for the Cats is laughable, 5 weeks ago the swans embarrassed them on their ground ffs 4 soft games later their fav for the flag, media lovefest. their supporters will be throwing walking sticks at their tired old warriors, once the pies flex some muscle on saturday. pies by 45 jwas...

:thumbsu:

Re: Collingwood v. Geelong - 2011 Grand Final

I think that Collingwood's best is better than Geelong's best. I haven't seen anything in this thread that makes me feel otherwise either.

Could hear a pin drop...

Re: Collingwood v. Geelong - 2011 Grand Final

Never seen such an unknowledgeable Collingwood crowd as today, but maybe it was just the 'grand final collingwood crowd'. Booed every correct umpiring decision that went Geelongs way. Cheered points. Yelled "ball' when clearly not.... no idea whatsoever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back