Geelong vs Collingwood - 2011 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Collingwood's best is better than Geelong's best.

You sure about that Stephie??

144350-geelong.jpg

I'm absolutely gutted, but congratulations to Geelong. What a brilliant side. 3 flags in 5 years. Collingwood were beaten fair and square by a far better team today. :(

I certainly hope that a certain wordy Collingwood poster returns to this thread, especially since that poster claims to have been at the MCG yesterday. I'd love to hear that poster's point of view of the match since that poster is quite knowledgeable about footy. ;)

I thoroughly enjoyed the match. Geelong's effort in that last quarter was absolutely remarkable. Certainly they were the best team of the year no matter what some deluded posters might try to spin.

Collingwood kicked pretty damn straight in that first half. That's why I think they lost.:p

Congrats Geelong.

Can't wait to read the responses/excuses/call it what you like from the likes of KissStephanie & paddywhackers into the diabolical loss yesterday...

Classic case of counting your chickens before they hatched. Thankfully most other Collingwood supporters knew better.

Can't wait to read the responses/excuses/call it what you like from the likes of KissStephanie & paddywhackers into the diabolical loss yesterday...

Classic case of counting your chickens before they hatched. Thankfully most other Collingwood supporters knew better.

Chances are those 2 will be so weak they'll go missing for the next few months...

In the interests of everyone enjoying the next 36 hours I will refrain from making further comment on a few posts here and just say this.

Good luck to both sides. It is an honour and a priveledge to make a grand final and one that is never achieved unless earned. Both sides have a right to feel justifiably proud of their achievements this year regardless of the outcome of tomorrow's match. I personally hope we get a great game and that there are no injuries. I would also like to think that I won't even notice that there are umpires on the ground. To the BF Cats and Pies fans I hope you don't allow yourself to become too emotionally invested to enjoy what should be a fabulously enjoyable occasion. May the best team win!

Go Pies! :thumbsu:

36 hours have passed TL. Did you enjoy the game?

If you talk to my friends (I was a tad drunk at the end) apparently I did :)

Go Cats!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Collingwood v. Geelong - 2011 Grand Final

I haven't seen any reliable source that confirms that. Geelong wanted to make a statement following some average form against Adelaide and Sydney and with a bye in between. As reigning premiers and with top spot secured, Collingwood did not feel the same way, and were thinking of the risk of injuries instead, which is understandable. It doesn't mean that injuries still can't occur though, but I think it was in their mind. It wasn't a good performance, and the players were embarrassed and are determined to turn that result around this week.There is a risk of injuries at training. Collingwood did not suffer any injuries in that match from putting their bodies on the line or from taking unnecessary risks.Source? Proof of this theory please.I completely disagree. I have no doubt that Geelong were keen to make a statement and to turn around two previous average performances.Players and coaches say many things that I take with a grain of salt. Some things they say means more than other things to me. I believe Geelong wanted to make a statement in Round 24 though.It's up to you to believe it or not, but I think that overall ladder position is confirmation. Six All-Australians and the current Brownlow medallist also is a guide. Collingwood also leads Geelong in the areas that are mostly important this season as far as I'm concerned. Tackles, first possessions, clearances, inside-50's, and contested possessions.I have full confidence that Collingwood can play a lot better next week than they have over the past month and can match the same effort which they have lacked recently. If both teams play as well as each other, then I think Collingwood will win.It's an opinion.I think a big part of footy is played above the shoulders, and that is where Collingwood needs to improve because that is what effects form. Being accustomed to playing hard games is a physical aspect of footy though, so it cannot be compared.What contradiction? Where? :confused:

LOLZ, that proves you were bullsh*tting :D:D p.s umad?

Well the dust has settled and the Cats won their 3rd flag with this list. Awesome effort that proves the quality of the side. Cats were far too good when it counted most. Congratulations Geelong.

I can barely recall Stevie J ever doing much against us in a live rubber when he was.

Bumpitty bumpitty bump :D

But he's actually had some good prelims against Collingwood.

If he kicked straight, people would see him as one of the best finals players. But because he didn't always, he was seen as soft. That is until Saturday :)

That GF display from him was unreal, for someone who was suspected to be unfit to play. Cannot believe he didn't register a vote for the Norm.

My new favourite PLAYING player, now that Mooney's retired, but Moons is my favourite of all time.

though nervous as f*ck, I always thought we had control of the match. Much of Collingwood's 3 goal lead was due to gifted goals from 50m penalties, soft free kicks to Ben Johnson, and Cloke kicking freak/fluke goals from 60m out (which isn't a structural breakdown or poor defense, and you certainly can't rely on that all day). had such a strong feeling we'd run over the top in the last quarter. we figured Collingwood out, and were the best team of the year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back