Certified Legendary Thread GEELONG WINS 2022 GRAND FINAL BY PLENTY

Remove this Banner Ad

You know it makes sense....

305313545_5746235122054589_7968673677870153956_n.jpg

Joels goal is by far my favourite moment in a GF ever. That alone makes this one more special for me.

The crazy bay I was in, bay thirteen, third man classic, had almost lost their voices by then. Just went sick up the back in front of standing room, helped by the fantastic kid I met beside me who scored an accessibility seat he didn't ask for.

He was footy smart and called the entire game like a mad cats foghorn, even alerting the entire bay to how much time on. Coppers were sent up, to investigate, and give us, him, the evil eye for ten minutes. Didn't stop him, only had two beers. They slunk off, and seconds later some numpty jumped the fence in front of us and was pinned, clothes still on. Coppers missed their mark.

From there, Joel's kick, we were directly behind the line of the ball, it looked a good goal . It wasn't until I watched on replay, I realised how awesome that play was.

Does anyone know where I can listen to the k rock call of the game?
I've seen certain websites in the past put up KROCK, SEN, ABC, TRIPLE M recordings of all the calls, which you can then play alongside the footage. Think i've lost my access to said site however haha. I'm sure someone could pm on the sly :innocent: (that is if there is no official source available)

Gary Rohan didn't want to let go of the premiership cup during the team presentation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The crazy bay I was in, bay thirteen, third man classic, had almost lost their voices by then. Just went sick up the back in front of standing room, helped by the fantastic kid I met beside me who scored an accessibility seat he didn't ask for.

He was footy smart and called the entire game like a mad cats foghorn, even alerting the entire bay to how much time on. Coppers were sent up, to investigate, and give us, him, the evil eye for ten minutes. Didn't stop him, only had two beers. They slunk off, and seconds later some numpty jumped the fence in front of us and was pinned, clothes still on. Coppers missed their mark.

From there, Joel's kick, we were directly behind the line of the ball, it looked a good goal . It wasn't until I watched on replay, I realised how awesome that play was.
I lost count the amount of times i have re-watched that moment now. It instantly brought back Lingy memories from 2011 on top of being an absolute beast of a moment.

I've seen certain websites in the past put up KROCK, SEN, ABC, TRIPLE M recordings of all the calls, which you can then play alongside the footage. Think i've lost my access to said site however haha. I'm sure someone could pm on the sly :innocent: (that is if there is no official source available)
I've got the location to a certain website and have just downloaded all the radio broadcasts. PM for details

From a DVI perspective this might be the cheapest premiership team. At around 11.3k including trades.

2.3k cost in defence
2.5k in attack
6.5k in the midfield

Not entirely a Moneyball win, Cameron (1.7k) and Danger (1.9k) certainly weren't undervalued, but we certainly didn't pull a Tim Kelly.

We paid 0 DVI for the following mature recruits
Smith
Stengle
Atkins
Close

A bit more speculatively
Blicavs
O'Connor

That is a quarter of our team for "free"

From a development perspective we also got
Bews
Henry
Z.Guthrie

for free

Like the relief pitcher with an unorthodox throw we got Miers with his odd kicking style for a DVI of 0.2k
We got an out of favour Rohan for a DVI of 0.2k with Sydney covering a part of his wage

11 players for a cost of 0.4k DVI, that is equivalent to a pick 40 in the draft

The lesser twin in Kolodjashnij cost us pick 43 a DVI of 0.4k.

Tom Stewart was a gun as a CHB at VFL level but too undersized for the role at AFL level, it just took a year but he became the player we'd been looking for since Milburn retired, a perfect mix of intercept marking, straight line running rebounding from defence, footskills, ground ball collection in a sub 190cm frame who can match up on all sizes. He even whines to the umpires in the same manner as if he there has been miscarriage of justice against him even when he is 100% in the wrong... at least he never gave up a goal in a grand final from it. It would have been sickening if someone else got the jump on us and grabbed him before we did at pick 40 and just 0.4k DVI.

Then we have the astute trades,

The guy who originally scouted Stanley thought he was a ruckmen, St Kilda saw their next Riewoldt, who was disappointed enough to bag him in his autobiography. Well the current premiership total is 1 Stanley, Riewoldt 0. There was some melts at the time given that we gave up pick 21 that we just received for an outgoing gun mid in Christensen, but 120 games later Wells and that scout was proven right he is an AFL premiership number 1 ruckman for 0.7k DVI.

The Tuohy trade has to be one of the more successful gambles with future picks
sending a future 1st for a future 2nd and only losing 7 spots, dumping a later pick in the 60s and an unwanted Smedts, pushes his trade value to 0.5k, without those two it would have been a DVI of only 0.3k.

Now we're into the blue chip picks, for us anyway seem to be in the 20s, we've been too good for two long to get many better.

Guthrie (0.8k) and Duncan (0.7k) have been so good for us for so long, every bit a match for our A graders of the golden generation just missing the premiership success their own name.

Sam De Koning got a few "why's" when we drafted him. But he is a wall of force, he impacts an area in a way that few were able to. A call back to peak Scarlett and Taylor, not just stopping his direct opponent but wining the ball back on our terms for pick 19 and (0.9k) DVI

And finally to the 06 Draft, It is not often that a rule is shown to be so out of place that it gets changed, Blicavs killed the 3rd man up, Hawkins killed the fixed price F/S. Under the current rules he probably would have got pick 2 which would have meant no Selwood, that would have been a crime against them and a crime against football.

Hawkins at pick 41 cost us 0.4k DVI, Selwood at pick 7 costs us 1.6k DVI

First​
Last​
Pick​
Equivalent trade value​
DVI​
Patrick​
Dangerfield​
Traded​
5​
1878​
Jeremy​
Cameron​
Traded​
6​
1751​
Joel​
Selwood​
7​
1644​
Sam​
De Koning​
19​
948​
Cameron​
Guthrie​
23​
815​
Brandan​
Parfitt​
26​
729​
Rhys​
Stanley​
Traded​
26​
729​
Mitch​
Duncan​
28​
677​
Zach​
Tuohy​
Traded​
36​
502​
Tom​
Stewart​
40​
429​
Tom​
Hawkins​
41​
412​
Jake​
Kolodjashnij​
43​
378​
Gary​
Rohan​
Traded​
56​
194​
Gryan​
Miers​
57​
182​
Jed​
Bews​
72​
19​
Jack​
Henry​
93​
0​
Zach​
Guthrie​
108​
0​
Mark​
O'Connor​
CATB​
0​
0​
Brad​
Close​
79​
0​
Tyson​
Stengle​
FA​
0​
Isaac​
Smith​
FA​
0​
Tom​
Atkins​
89​
0​
Mark​
Blicavs​
130​
0​

Genuine congratulations on the win yesterday. The Cats were as excellent as we were awful. Some fine words from your coach and captain in their speeches and some good posts from you guys on our Board (unsurprisingly the same can’t be said for the Pies fans who thought they were compelled to comment).

No doubt you’ll enjoy the coming weeks and months as you deserve to and hopefully we can start getting our sh*t together and come back at you next season.

The DVD, when it becomes available, used to have K Rock as well as other calls.
Channel 7= everything about them was poxy I thought.

About to watch the replay for the first time.

Bliss.
haha I already watched it once last night after I got home and I'm watching the C7 replay on TV with my kids right now. Just awesome

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread GEELONG WINS 2022 GRAND FINAL BY PLENTY

Remove this Banner Ad

Back