Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Banter threads are not to be taken too seriously. Have fun. Let others have fun.

Who are the GOATS?

• Selwood

Votes: 93 44.3%
  • Dusty

Votes: 122 58.1%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • J. Riewoldt

Votes: 44 21.0%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 64 30.5%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 59 28.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the interests of keeping your back and forth shite fights out of match threads so normal people can talk.

Keep it clean and above the shorts
Off topic rubbish clogging up match threads will be moved here, knock yourselves out.

homero-pelea-simpsons.gif

Last edited:
Make no mistake.. the AFL are going to end up shooting themselves in the foot, trying to grow the game! Why would people from growth areas such as NSW, NZ and QLD want to follow the AFL when they know the sport revolves around Geelong?? The league is becoming too Geelong centric, and the issue needs to be fixed!

It's bad enough with the accusations of Victoria bias.. but the real issue is Geelong bias!
The only thing that is Geelong-centric are BigFooty Tigers supporters and that Saveloy idiot. You were more dominant than us, we've won one flag in 13 seasons. Make no mistake? You just did.

They may be our rivals but it's hard not to respect Geelong.

Their demise has been predicted every year since 2010 and they just keep coming. They've gone from their own dynasty, to Hawthorn's biggest rival during our own dynasty, then Richmond's biggest rival during thiers and as both those teams dropped away, Geelong has just kept fronting up.

They should be called the Geelong cockroaches or something. They just don't go away and every time you think you've got them beaten, they're back again.
This is how I feel about the Hawks. You guys are back again. Can't we have one decade without a Hawk flag? I had such high hopes for this decade as well. You'd think you'd be a big chance for another one in the next five years I think, maybe sooner. :O

I feel like there were solid reasons they were a $1.50ish favourite to our $2.60ish

Forget what the actual odds ended up at before the bounce

No because the odds meant nothing in the scheme of things. They crumbled. They turned to water. They aren't a tough team.

Best thing that can happen now for Geelong haters is for Hawkins to come back. Their structure was awful with him playing and not contributing and he dragged down Cameron. As soon as Hawkins got injured Geelongs revival started. But now he's back and ready to play will Chris Scott have the grapefruits to do whats best for the team and leave him out

Amazing how quickly the narrative changes from "they'll never be able to replace Hawkins" to "they'll never have the courage to leave out Hawkins".

No because the odds meant nothing in the scheme of things. They crumbled. They turned to water. They aren't a tough team.
Yeah, but we were not expected to win that. I feel like it's a bit of Monday morning quarterbacking to say we were always going to win.

Geelong have the most significant advantage in the the comp.

Get to play 7 or 8 games at their boutique ground against non-Vic and lower drawing local clubs. Get to play their 'bigger' home games at the MCG in front of large crowds - great training ground for finals.

They literally have the perfect mix. The kind of fixturing other clubs could only dream of.

Have been gifted money hand-over-fist, while community sports clubs struggle and die after begging for funding to improve infrastructure. I play at a club in a major regional town who still gave clubrooms with SHARED SHOWERS (which are falling apart and dangerous). Lovely getting nude with the opposition after a hard fought and tense clash.

No doubt Geelong have done plenty right, but they have been set up to a point where it is near impossible to fail.
How many home games did we win again this year? Hardly the advantage you’re making it out to be and take away the home wins most years and we still make the finals

Imagine sooking about a team getting home games which is less than any other side that gets 11 home games while the cats get 9

Lots of sour grapes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So why aren’t Power/Adel a powerhouse ? Or eagles and Freo?

Like I said NFI
Did you just point to cities with almost 5 times and 8 times the population of Geelong and claim they are also small cities?

Remove this Banner Ad

Banter Geelong V Richmond - GO!

Back