Geelong's fans booing the umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

That's my point, but 99.95% of them are about the Eagles and how our obnoxious supporters sway games by booing.

So I guess we've learned you're sensitive about it then.

They do it after every single game at Kardinia Park. When the umpires are walking off they let rip at them, regardless of how well they did.
**** DA UMPS, DONT ****EN NEEDEM FOR ME TO WIN GAMES.1!

The difference is, West Coast get 28-15 in their favour at Subi and boo because they feel they've been hard done by. Geelong get 28-15 against them at their own home ground and know that it'll be even worse away from home.

Probably because you boo more times than not.

Sure, Adelaide, Port Adelaide, Geelong and Essendon fans can go mental at times, but no where near as frequent as those out west.

So much fact my brain exploded. Thank god we have well researched Bigfooty pundits like you :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't how some of you precious things would handle being in some of the most lively stadiums around the world...booing is the least of the activities.

Part of the theatre of sport is boo'ing the officials of the pitch at the end of the game.

pot calling the kettle black thread -- get over it all fans boo the umpires at some point. Why do you have to make a federal case out of it? Got nothing better to do I am guessing.

Yeah mate thats kinda my point. Everyone does it. I used geelong cause it was a convenient example, im really saying why does everyone flip when West Coast do it, when 17 other teams do the exact same.

Yeah mate thats kinda my point. Everyone does it. I used geelong cause it was a convenient example, im really saying why does everyone flip when West Coast do it, when 17 other teams do the exact same.

Well, it's a bad example because West Coast are 1st in the free kick differential and Geelong are dead last. Geelong have a legitimate reason to complain about umpires, whereas West Coast don't.

Well, it's a bad example because West Coast are 1st in the free kick differential and Geelong are dead last. Geelong have a legitimate reason to complain about umpires, whereas West Coast don't.

Free kick differential does not reflect quality of umpiring, at either end if the table.

Free kicks don't need to be even but supporters have it in their head that they should be. Free kicks need to be renamed "infringments". Fans then might point the finger at their own club rather than the umpires.

It did today. You didn't watch the game, did you?

I did and I didn't think it was awful, but I felt Geelong got a bit shafted at times. Seriously, how nobody is getting that this isn't specifically about Geelong vs Port but rather about the main board is baffling.

Geelong were very sloppy all day, especially at the stoppages. They deserved to give away as many frees as they did. There were 3 or 4 crazy noticeable ones that didnt get paid Geelongs way, but overall the umpiring wasnt poor

been to a lot of games at subi involving west coast and the booing there is not just for umpires....good players from opposing teams get a boo (though not as raucous as the free kick boo) for just being, well good. Hird, richardson , judd (a little understandably, has been years now)...horrible behavior from west coast fans, the stereotype is that they are chardonnay sipping, i believe that the majority are the older xenophobic bogan who is so xenophobic they dislike people not from their own state...

been to a lot of games at subi involving west coast and the booing there is not just for umpires....good players from opposing teams get a boo (though not as raucous as the free kick boo) for just being, well good. Hird, richardson , judd (a little understandably, has been years now)...horrible behavior from west coast fans, the stereotype is that they are chardonnay sipping, i believe that the majority are the older xenophobic bogan who is so xenophobic they dislike people not from their own state...

This post is a lie.
Ballantyne, Milne and Judd are players that get booed. Hird, Richardson and Brown never got booed unless they have played the antagonist throughout the match. The Subi crowd is no different to any other stadium except that all the fans are for the one team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong's fans booing the umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back