Geelong's fans booing the umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Not the same as having the least actual number of frees paid to you. I mean, Lance Franklin has a lot paid against him too, but that's because he gives away stupid frees.

Doesn't change the fact that he doesn't get a lot that he should now does? Cloke cops it even worse. Cloke should be asking these defenders for dinner before f**king starts.

But then, we weren't really talking about Adelaide in here.
We weren't talking about Hawthorn or Collingwood being poor hard done by little souls either.. But since you wanted to mention it.....

Also the biggest thing is differential in frees for and against, and how often it happens.. If you are paid 10 frees per game and only have 9 paid against you, it doesn't hurt that you receive the lowest number as an average..

We weren't talking about Hawthorn or Collingwood being poor hard done by little souls either.. But since you wanted to mention it.....

Also the biggest thing is differential in frees for and against, and how often it happens.. If you are paid 10 frees per game and only have 9 paid against you, it doesn't hurt that you receive the lowest number as an average..

Good point.

I'm going to bet that odds are, since Collingwood has received the least, we've probably had more paid against us than we have received.

fake edit: Yep, FF 207, FA 226

Good point.

I'm going to bet that odds are, since Collingwood has received the least, we've probably had more paid against us than we have received.

fake edit: Yep, FF 207, FA 226
You said in the original post - over the past years.. Pies have fluctuated up and down with for/against..
Adelaide have had 1 year out of 9 with more frees for than against.. Hawks have had the majority in the negative too..

Not the same as having the least actual number of frees paid to you.
Ummmmmm, what card are you trying to play?
Adelaide has had less free kicks than Collingwood (205 vs 207) the only club less than us is Gold Coast (198)

Ummmmmm, what card are you trying to play?
Adelaide has had less free kicks than Collingwood (205 vs 207) the only club less than us is Gold Coast (198)

Must have only happened this week.

Last time I checked (which was a couple of weeks ago), we had the least.

Must have only happened this week.

Last time I checked (which was a couple of weeks ago), we had the least.
Least by round
1: Western Bulldogs (12)
2: Adelaide and Western Bulldogs (29)
3: Adelaide (44)
4: Adelaide (62)
5: Adelaide (79)
6: Collingwood (92)
7: Gold Coast (105)
8: Gold Coast (118)
9: Gold Coast (131)
10: Gold Coast (149)
11: Gold Coast (162)
12: Collingwood* (179)
13: Gold Coast (183)
14: Gold Coast (198)

*Had played 1 less game than Gold Coast

Full current list from most frees to least are

1. West Coast 293
2. Port Adelaide 274
3. Greater Western Sydney 273
4. St Kilda 263
5. Hawthorn 248
6. Essendon 246
=7. Fremantle 244
=7. Richmond 244
9. Sydney 243
10. Geelong 234
11. Brisbane 229
12. North Melbourne 227
13. Western Bulldogs 226
14. Melbourne 223
15. Carlton 217
16. Collingwood 207
17. Adelaide 205
16. Gold Coast 198

Sorry but thats no excuse. There was more than one indigenous player in the AFL at the time, the others didnt resort to biting their opponents or other things Lewis did. He was a dirty player, whether black or white is irrelevant.
To the OP, any ground where the majority of supporters are for one team you will hear the umpires being booed. Sometimes both teams supporters boo the umpires.

Sorry but thats no excuse. There was more than one indigenous player in the AFL at the time, the others didnt resort to biting their opponents or other things Lewis did. He was a dirty player, whether black or white is irrelevant.
To the OP, any ground where the majority of supporters are for one team you will hear the umpires being booed. Sometimes both teams supporters boo the umpires.
Very easy for you to say. Lewis was a brilliant player who played under extreme duress and you say he shouldn't have reacted. Sorry that's not good enough and you sound like an apologist for the players and fans from other teams who abused him based on his aboriginality.

Very easy for you to say. Lewis was a brilliant player who played under extreme duress and you say he shouldn't have reacted. Sorry that's not good enough and you sound like an apologist for the players and fans from other teams who abused him based on his aboriginality.

I couldnt care the slightest whether it is good enough for you or not sunshine.

There have been a lot of indigenous players over the years who have played under extreme duress with racist attacks rom the crowds and other teams. Some even from their own team. Very few of them played dirty like Lewis. The fact is he was easily provoked into losing his focus (whether those provocations were racist or not) and teams singled him out because you could put him off his game.

I dont recall Matera running around biting people on the field, do you?

I couldnt care the slightest whether it is good enough for you or not sunshine.

There have been a lot of indigenous players over the years who have played under extreme duress with racist attacks rom the crowds and other teams. Some even from their own team. Very few of them played dirty like Lewis. The fact is he was easily provoked into losing his focus (whether those provocations were racist or not) and teams singled him out because you could put him off his game.

I dont recall Matera running around biting people on the field, do you?
That dismissive comment confirms every conclusion I came to about you based on your posts. And personally speaking you sound like a real tosser, sunshine.

Was the first time i've watched a game on tv and been thoroughly annoyed by the home supporters.

Geelong fans clearly have not got any sort of grasp on the rules of the game
FremantleoutragewhenBallantynegotsuspendedagainstGeelongboard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good for you. Are you going to address what i said or just insult me?

All people are different, some have bad tempers, some dont.
I did address your point and your reaction was to defend racists and bigots, and to throw blame on the victim for reacting. Enough said.
I recommend you read the following which might give you an insight into Chris Lewis, the champion.
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...-me-down-over-racial-abuse-lewisForceRecrawl/ and this http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/lewis-a-hero-in-racisms-defeat-20110528-1f9wm.html

Anybody feel like raising it? Probably the loudest booing of consecutive umpiring decisions I've ever heard, and I've been to the ever cheating cauldron of Subiaco Oval. I'm singling out Geelong because the game is on right now, so there's a chance it'll continue, but this sort of thread could be made for every team most weeks. Why do the Eagles continue to get singled out on the main board for having obnoxious fans who boo everything, as though we're the only one?

Will be downloading the game to chuck up the footage of that segment absolutely.

And no other team's supporters boos the umpires ? ... FFS Bay ... 13 is that away !!!

Was the first time i've watched a game on tv and been thoroughly annoyed by the home supporters.

Geelong fans clearly have not got any sort of grasp on the rules of the game
You must not watch much footy on TV then. Seriously what a pathetic bunch of shit that and a lot of this topic is.

There is NO ground or supporter group in the country that won't boo like #### if they cop a 15-28 count regardless of whether they were there or not or how successful the club has recently been.

And no other team's supporters boos the umpires ? ... FFS Bay ... 13 is that away !!!

God you're thick if you didn't grasp the concept of my post. Or the several other posts from several posters highlighting the same point.

I've come to the conclusion after to going to a game where I wasn't barracking for either side that worrying about umpires is completely pointless and takes away from the enjoyment of the game. It seems to be getting increasingly worse (umpires bashing) and something I've also done, but I reckon put the flag pole in the ground and make the decision to not worry about it. We've got a great game, just enjoy it!

I've come to the conclusion after to going to a game where I wasn't barracking for either side that worrying about umpires is completely pointless and takes away from the enjoyment of the game. It seems to be getting increasingly worse (umpires bashing) and something I've also done, but I reckon put the flag pole in the ground and make the decision to not worry about it. We've got a great game, just enjoy it!

I reckon a quarter of all Aussie Rules football supporters would be bored shitless if they didn't have the umpires to go on and on and on and on and on about. Its pretty cringeworthy actually, but its part of our game considering the 'grey' rules we have.

Yeah, Geelong have a portion of loudmouth fans who are sooks and one-eyed imbeciles, just like every other club in the AFL.

Most of the people who boo the umpires are wrong. Either they fall for a player's pathetic acting and beg for a free kick, or they are too far away from the action and can't see why the umpire rightfully penalised one of their players.

According to most of the loudmouth idiots around me at the football, their team deserved about sixty free kicks and twenty 50m penalties and only about six "frees against" were actually there. The reason why their team lost was the umpires, but when they win, it's always in spite of the umpires. The only time they'll concede their opponents were better is when they lose by 100 points or more, but even then, the umpires contributed about 10 goals to the margin.

Oh... and these loudmouth imbeciles also accuse everyone else of being "weak".

God you're thick if you didn't grasp the concept of my post. Or the several other posts from several posters highlighting the same point.

And there I was thinking that this was another precious Weagles supporter deflecting from the fact that his team boos and influences the umpires more than most others !!!

Let's face, all teams have an element of supporters who at any given time or stage of the season can be seen to boo the umpires in an over the top manner. Your post hightlighting one team ie the Cats as a team that does it more than most, is so subject in judgement, that it barely justifies comment, especially from one 'as thick as me'. :rolleyes:

And there I was thinking that this was another precious Weagles supporter deflecting from the fact that his team boos and influences the umpires more than most others !!!

Let's face, all teams have an element of supporters who at any given time or stage of the season can be seen to boo the umpires in an over the top manner. Your post hightlighting one team ie the Cats as a team that does it more than most, is so subject in judgement, that it barely justifies comment, especially from one 'as thick as me'. :rolleyes:

Yes. Agreed. 100%. That second paragraph is literally the entire purpose of this thread. The entire purpose. I made it so clear this wasn't about Geelong. Well done on getting a handle on a thread 5 pages in.

132597704176-Clap.gif

In recent years, the Geelong home crowd has become one of the tamest there is. Often you won't hear a 'roar' the entire day.

This. I went to Geelong for the first time on Sunday, expecting an intimidating cauldron. The place was like a library. It was surreal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong's fans booing the umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back