No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some Melbourne supporters were getting a bit cocky earlier in the year about their rise and I mused with them that Hawthorn was having their worst start to a season in living memory and yet the "finals bound" Dees were a whopping 1 game clear of Hawthorn on the ladder.

They managed to make that a game and a half by the end of the season.

Yup - the handful of Demons fans I know made it hard to sympathise with them due to how arrogant they were this year about being a mid-table side.

Buckley re-appointed for another 2 years

Reminds me of a joke Trevor Marmalade said on the Footy Show years ago:
Eddie, if you caught Bucks in bed with your wife, what side of the bed would you get in?

Worst thing the Pies could have done is won on Saturday and gifted Bucks another extension.

Good lord, hawk supporters talking about the arrogance of others. :drunk:

Sure they went early but so did quite a few on this board prior to the blues game. Just not understanding the glee - Saints supporters have been far and away worse than Dee supporters

Anyway.... it's done for all three this season. It's now the battle of who goes past who in 2018 so it could be a very long off season

And if we are talking arrogance then check out the strut of bomber posters - giving advice to all and sundry on list rebuilds

Sure they went early but so did quite a few on this board prior to the blues game. Just not understanding the glee - Saints supporters have been far and away worse than Dee supporters

Anyway.... it's done for all three this season. It's now the battle of who goes past who in 2018 so it could be a very long off season

And if we are talking arrogance then check out the strut of bomber posters - giving advice to all and sundry on list rebuilds

I don't mind getting a bit of a giggle at the schadenfreude of it all. I'm certainly not wishing misery on people - just the few Demons fans I know got very insufferable very quickly. I know we can be a boastful bunch - but I tend to not be up and about at work etc because it can always come back to haunt you. I'll only tend to be a dick about how good a club we are if somebody tries to be a shit stirrer first. Much like when we lost to the Demons last year and a colleague stuck a Demons symbol on my monitor - so I responded by printing out the list of AFL premiership droughts and highlighted where the Demons stood on that list ;).

Living in Perth I'm not sure you encounter many Dees fans?

Not sure why there's so much hate for the dees missing out

The bottom 8 are only making up the numbers anyway
I just thought going early with the marketing before they had made it was funny
not the first club, won't be the last
One of my best mates is a Dees supporter and I feel for him, every club that was a chance would have prepared their marketing for finals, Dees just got leaked is all

ive got mixed feelings about Buckley continuing to coach the Collywobbles

1) Buckley will continue to lead the club down a road of poor performances and keep them out of the finals (which is a good thing)

2) Buckley, with the support of the majority of the players, might get some good results in the short term and bring some short term limited success and we'll have to deal with Buckleys whinging for a few more years yet

Buckley is a poor coach, he blames players like his ruckmen and leaders of the team for poor performances, he makes excuses all the time, his recruiting in general is short sighted and for the now rather than about depth or the future...... he seems to be immune from pressure seeing as Eddie has his back, Pressure makes Diamonds or it crushes, Buckley has never had any pressure other than this year, but it wouldnt surprise me, that even earlier this year Eddie probably told him he will stay no matter what, even after Buckley said "If i dont make the finals this year i will step down" WELL YOU DIDNT MAKE THE FINALS MATE.

The Clarkson tribute to Mitchell was really quite beautiful
I didn't see/hear it. Actually, which Mitchell are we talking about? o_O

Edit: ah... if only I'd kept reading down the thread I'd have answered my own question.... :$

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was chuckling at the long list of Adelaide selections. Reminded me of the Geelong and Sydney selections and yet even with all those finals finishes Hawks struggled to get anyone on end AA list

Bombers fans are like that though even when they win the spoon

McEvoy's ommission from the squad is a joke - but I think he is going to push Tom hard for our B&F so hopefully that makes up for it.

Call me crazy but Hardwick is honestly hard-done by to not make the 40 man squad. He is going to be the premier underrated player in the comp within a few years. Doesn't do anything flashy - just gets his job done with consistency for four quarters.

McEvoy's ommission from the squad is a joke - but I think he is going to push Tom hard for our B&F so hopefully that makes up for it.

Call me crazy but Hardwick is honestly hard-done by to not make the 40 man squad. He is going to be the premier underrated player in the comp within a few years. Doesn't do anything flashy - just gets his job done with consistency for four quarters.

Sam Mitchell did that for 10 years before anyone started noticing

Two more years for Buckley, the bloke who's coached Collingwood to fewer & fewer wins in each of the last 6 seasons. Eddie seems to think its worth accepting mediocrity to prolong the career of a favorite son & bosom buddy. :$

We finished 12th - can't expect too many in the AA side. Mitchell is the only one who deserves to be in the 22. McEvoy could have made the squad of 40 but I'd agree Jacobs and Ryder shade him for the year. He'd be on a par with Kreuzer and they went with Kreuzer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back