No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy wife Happy life.

Your drive and ambition needs everything working for you.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Agree!

On the Eagles board there are some posts which suggest there was another factor in the move back to Victoria. I won't elaborate here but you can head over there for more information.

As if Kane Cornes would have any idea as to what a root even is! ;):p:D
I have no doubt he would have overheard his team mates talking about them in the locker room. He may not know exactly, but will know it has something to do with trees.

Thinking about richmonds potential forward line next year will our best defense be able to stop them? They are going to have a multiple pronged attack and will be very hard to stop from scoring if they get a constant supply from a talented midfield.
The battle in the middle could determine the result.

Thinking about richmonds potential forward line next year will our best defense be able to stop them? They are going to have a multiple pronged attack and will be very hard to stop from scoring if they get a constant supply from a talented midfield.
Whenever I think forward line nowadays I think empty half of ground with everyone running back towards goal.

Whenever I think forward line nowadays I think empty half of ground with everyone running back towards goal.
This might not be so with richmond. 2 poweful forwards leading at the ball while the crumbers run back towards goal. If they click with Lynch geez they are going to cause some headaches

Rubbish. West Coast had a pick a couple of places after Geelong’s and were planning on picking him with it. It was Geelong who knew the risks picking a West Australian but did it anyway. Freo didn’t want him because Ross is a ******* idiot who told Kelly to his face he wouldn’t make it.
That’s hilarious.

Geelong are dickheads for not releasing Kelly this year. They know his situation, and they were to be well compensated with what the Eagles had offered.

Spotted this headline on news.con. The star they’re referring to is Barrett. FMD.....it seems anyone can be called a star these days

View attachment 576879
Like a rat from a sinking ship. Except I think that ship has been on the bottom of the ocean for some years now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe it will work better than the Buddy & Tippett "twin towers" who, it was said, were going to be impossible to stop.
Maybe you should be more worried about the Talent that stopped them up against what we have now. Make no mistake, we be battling a bit next year.

You mean to say the midfield battle will decide the result????

;)

Maybe you should be more worried about the Talent that stopped them up against what we have now. Make no mistake, we be battling a bit next year.
Didn't think they were that effective even against the lowest teams were they? Buddy on his own was far better. Tippett seemed to be pretty good until he changed clubs. Will be an interesting one to watch next year for sure.

Didn't think they were that effective even against the lowest teams were they? Buddy on his own was far better. Tippett seemed to be pretty good until he changed clubs. Will be an interesting one to watch next year for sure.
I have it on good authority (salty Richmond supporter) that Jack Riewoldt is the smartest player in the AFL and once he is released to CHF we will see his full potential finally realised. I said "you dont think you are over doing it a bit"?

His reply, "Richmond we be virtually unbeatable next year".

I have it on good authority (salty Richmond supporter) that Jack Riewoldt is the smartest player in the AFL and once he is released to CHF we will see his full potential finally realised. I said "you dont think you are over doing it a bit"?

They'll be better but they'll also be more easily transitioned against, Lynch in = speed and pressure out so they'll have different strengths and weaknesses.

Unbeatable eh? Like tipped to win the granny by 68 points kind of unbeatable?

does anyone remember the hype surrounding Matthew Leuenberger? so many people on bigfooty were talking as if he was the biggest thing since sliced bread, he has retired as a nobody, big surprise, good one bigfooty community

Another fine example of why trading for known talent > the draft lottery.

2006 was meant to be a superdraft. Looking at the top 20 - yikes.

i made this argument 5 years ago, but i believe when a super draft comes along and the position we are in now, going to the draft is best practice, you can disagree all you want, but dont strawman an argument.

As my edited post states - 2006 was meant to be a superdraft (and Leuenberger went at pick 4). Some good picks in there but in the top 20 there are very few A-graders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back