No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amusing conversation in lunchroom today

Bomber supporter: how’s that Rampe non decision what a joke that was

Me: I’ll tell you what’s a joke, slobbo robbo saying the integrity of the game died with that decision

Bomber supporter: well he’s not far off the truth

Me: he’s 7 years off the truth - the integrity of the game was shattered when a club started jabbing it’s players off site

Bomber supporter: *eyeroll* have you ever heard the saying it’s time to move on

Picks up lunch and leaves
Sounds like every conversation I have with my brother in law about footy

2 weeks ago he tells me umpiring doesn’t decide games
Yesterday tells me the Rampe non decision cost them the game

🤦‍♂️

So climbing a goalpost isn’t ‘becoming’ but using your elbow or forearm to the head of an opponent without the ball is kosher. Great work AFLHQ - another stellar weekend of decision making.

So climbing a goalpost isn’t ‘becoming’ but using your elbow or forearm to the head of an opponent without the ball is kosher. Great work AFLHQ - another stellar weekend of decision making.

I might be in the minority here but I'm glad that Essendon lost like that and am totally okay that the rules weren't followed either. What will top it off is when the next team that does it (climbs a post) and the opposition ends up getting a free kick :)

Tim Watson saying on Taking Footy ‘we all believe in respect for women’ while sitting next to Wayne Carey :drunk:
It's all in the wording Ned.

He said they believe in respect for women, not that they actually have it.

I might be in the minority here but I'm glad that Essendon lost like that and am totally okay that the rules weren't followed either. What will top it off is when the next team that does it (climbs a post) and the opposition ends up getting a free kick :)

I think a free would have been stupid in the context of the game and the fact that he was never ever kicking that goal so Rampe being a dick didn’t impact the result.

That being said - I think the AFL should implement a rule that anyone who climbs the goalpost gives away a free in front.

From the Rampe article

"Being called a girl is something that should be celebrated and I genuinely mean that. I’ve learnt from my mistake and I’ll definitely keep that front of mind going forward,” Rampe said.

“I just want it to be known that by no means did I mean any disrespect by (comments to the umpire at the end of the second quarter of the win over Essendon

Didn't mean disrespect? What else could he have meant. Change girl to expletive of your choice and see if it's offensive. Fair enough people say things on field, but he should be slapped down.

Glad to see that being such a flog is rewarded in Sydney. Quite the double act on the weekend. Will be captain one day.
Was he trying to say the umpire speaks in an adorable, cute manner?

I think a free would have been stupid in the context of the game and the fact that he was never ever kicking that goal so Rampe being a dick didn’t impact the result.

That being said - I think the AFL should implement a rule that anyone who climbs the goalpost gives away a free in front.
They already have a rule. Climbing the posts, causes the post the shake. Umpire saw it, so he didn't miss it like articles have been suggesting. He chose to not pay it.

AFL could've come out and said he got that wrong, and should've paid it, but they ticked it off. That should've been the end of it, but the AFL just has to show how amateur they are.

They already have a rule. Climbing the posts, causes the post the shake. Umpire saw it, so he didn't miss it like articles have been suggesting. He chose to not pay it.

AFL could've come out and said he got that wrong, and should've paid it, but they ticked it off. That should've been the end of it, but the AFL just has to show how amateur they are.

That's open to interpretation though. Clearly states in the rule that if you climb the posts also it's a free kick. At the moment it states deliberately shake. Change it to climb or deliberately shake and nobody will do it.

Last edited:
Wayne Carey said last night on Talking Footy that our club is the most boring club to watch because we're making a high scoring club scores very low at MCG. And because of that (being boring to watch) our supporters is turned away from watching our game live.

Not sure how he can come to that conclusion. What nearly makes me turned away from the game was that game against Bulldogs. Yesterday like many other thousands people, we just can't come to the game. Do we now need to write to the AFL to explain why we can't attend the game?

I love how some media start mentioning that betting is the major drive on why the decision and rules have been inconsistently implemented. Can't wait when gambling is out of the footy (won't happen anyway but nothing wrong with hoping).

Wayne Carey said last night on Talking Footy that our club is the most boring club to watch because we're making a high scoring club scores very low at MCG. And because of that (being boring to watch) our supporters is turned away from watching our game live.

Not sure how he can come to that conclusion. What nearly makes me turned away from the game was that game against Bulldogs. Yesterday like many other thousands people, we just can't come to the game. Do we now need to write to the AFL to explain why we can't attend the game?

I love how some media start mentioning that betting is the major drive on why the decision and rules have been inconsistently implemented. Can't wait when gambling is out of the footy (won't happen anyway but nothing wrong with hoping).

The way he was saying it all yesterday had me convinced that he was speaking from hatred rather than logic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's open to interpretation though. Clearly state in the rule that if you climb the posts also it's a free kick. At the moment it states deliberately shake. Change it to climb or deliberately shake and nobody will do it.
I guess that's true, but either way, Rampe was dealt with by the umpire on the night, and the AFL ticked off on it.

He shouldn't have any case to answer afterwards. AFL having it both ways again.

I guess that's true, but either way, Rampe was dealt with by the umpire on the night, and the AFL ticked off on it.

He shouldn't have any case to answer afterwards. AFL having it both ways again.

Couldn't agree more on the second point.

What about climbing on shoulders or building a human pyramid to man the mark - is that also outlawed / a free kick? If so why?
In theory you could...
In practise if you don't have a brownlow in your bedside table you're getting a week.

This is the thing with the AFL and the industry.

When crowd numbers are up, "The state of the game is great. Look at the crowd numbers, the game is in great shape"

Crowd is down, "The fans are dropping off from [Club] due to [some other reason that's not the state of the game]". Take the credit when things are good, blame others when they're not.

Sunday with a game finishing at 6pm is not ideal and is perfect for watching on the couch. I can have dinner straight after the game ends.

Then throw in all the BS from up top with the shit umpiring and rule changes alienating long time diehard fans.

I see the Herald Scum with the same ol same ol negative Hawthorn articles. Not one positive thing to say about us and the closest they came was after we beat GWS but they still questioned wether we actually won or was it that they just didn't come to play.

View attachment 673532

View attachment 673533

View attachment 673534

View attachment 673535

Yet when Hawthorn were the powerhouse team there would have been nothing but praise to the team that managed to beat them. Tin foil hat perhaps?? But seriously this is crap.

Hey guys and gals just some more thoughts on the Rampe cappers.

One incident that hasn't gained much traction but should have was one where Rampe gives away a free kick, held with the ball I think. He is told as he slowly gets up after an age of laying on the ground with the ball to hurry up and give it to his opposition as is his duty as he is last to touch the ball. The ball is between his legs as he stands the mark, resting on his left ankle, the umpire says again to give the ball to his opposition so he bends over and pretending to pick up the ball, even going through the motion of pretending to throw the ball underhand to the * player. Meanwhile the ball is still between his legs.
The umpire has enough of this and comes in and returns the ball himself, I don't believe a 50m was paid against Rampe and I don't know why not.
what drugs was Rampe and the umps doing the other night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back