No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agree. This is the shit thing about pre-season training. They smash their bodies & work bloody hard. Your heart is in your mouth whenever you log on for your daily AFL fix. For the next few months we'll read about injuries ... praying & hoping it's not one of our own. The pre-seaeson is a time of hope for most, but unfortunately ... for a select few, a time of despair.

Sam Docherty has gone down with another ACL. Not that you should ever be happy with person being hurt but try telling that to the Adelaide Crows who own Carlton's 1st rounder next year. For Carton's sake you really hope Stocker is worth it.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-12-10/top-blue-docherty-goes-down-with-suspected-acl-rupture
Poor bugger.
You hate to see any player go down with an ACL at any time. But to do it during pre-season training is just heartbreaking.

That’s the same knee in preseason training 2 years in a row. Blues defence is poop without him.

The Blues have been shithouse everywhere for the past 17 years, and it’s a beautiful thing.

Feel bad for Docherty, seems like a great bloke and can seriously play, terribly unlucky, hope he recovers well and gets back out there.

So Blues were already on track to finish bottom 6 and now lose a top 4 player in Docherty.

They've traded their 2019 first and second round picks for Stoker (2018 Pick 19) and McGovern......ouch. They could finish bottom and still not have a pick til Pick 40.

Kane Cornes would think their is the worst trade of all time

So Blues were already on track to finish bottom 6 and now lose a top 4 player in Docherty.

They've traded their 2019 first and second round picks for Stoker (2018 Pick 19) and McGovern......ouch. They could finish bottom and still not have a pick til Pick 40.

Kane Cornes would think their is the worst trade of all time

They had Stocker at 6. So either way, they win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Blues have been shithouse everywhere for the past 17 years, and it’s a beautiful thing.

Feel bad for Docherty, seems like a great bloke and can seriously play, terribly unlucky, hope he recovers well and gets back out there.

Big Jim Elliott thought brown paper bags could solve everything, and his culture has damaged the thinking of all his Carlton's followers. They are slow learners at the baggers.

I feel for Docherty, he is a very good footballer, and doesn't deserve this kind of luck. I hope he has a quick recovery, at least we know he will be in good hands.

They will have a bit of natural improvement. Mitch will break out

Still, Dont see them getting near contending for finals. Still have a massive lack of Depth through the middle, Dow will get better, Cripps is a top 10 AFL player. Forwardline is good

Will be interesting to see if Weitering can make an impact. Looked lost last year

If he was rightly at 6. Must not have been for 15 or so clubs to pass on him until 19

Carlton having him as 6 is really only relevant to Carlton, at the end of the day they rated him enough to do the deal so kudos to them but I’m sure they have done so based upon expectations that there will be improvement on last year and that the future pick traded to the Crows won’t end up being too valuable a pick. Not having Docherty again won’t help that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was an article where Docherty said he was "Scared" about his knee when he first went out to start training again - which is definitely not the mentality to have. Being tentative and frightened you'll injure yourself again seems to point towards someone being more likely that they will do it again, mindset is half the battle.

Agree. This is the shit thing about pre-season training. They smash their bodies & work bloody hard. Your heart is in your mouth whenever you log on for your daily AFL fix. For the next few months we'll read about injuries ... praying & hoping it's not one of our own. The pre-seaeson is a time of hope for most, but unfortunately ... for a select few, a time of despair.

Remember reading an article, I think by Jack Russell, a few years ago. It identified that the teams are not so worried about knees at this time of year, it is normally in the lead up to the pre-season comp when they really start the physical contact stuff, the intensity picks up and the boddies, having done an off-season of weights, are a bit heavier and put more strain on the knees as the players start rapidly changing direction in match simulation, get hit, etc.

Dane Rampe is an All Australian defender.
Ben Stratton is not.
:think:
Even Nick Smith is an AA defender. :$

Making the AA team's always been a walk in the park if you wear a Sydney or Geelong jumper. Heck they'll even hand you the captaincy if you've never captained a team in your life & have been responsible for more strikes than the Builder's Laborers Federation.

Whereas a Hawthorn player needs to be at an undeniably obvious level above his closest rival to get the nod for a spot, because the very last thing small-minded jealous bastards like Gerard "I beat Hawthorn ONCE in my career" Healy and Kevin "Shutup its still 1980 and don't tell me otherwise!" Bartlett want to do is lavish more honors upon Hawthorn. ;)

There was an article where Docherty said he was "Scared" about his knee when he first went out to start training again - which is definitely not the mentality to have. Being tentative and frightened you'll injure yourself again seems to point towards someone being more likely that they will do it again, mindset is half the battle.
sven_inc was right

Not sure where to put this but thought I'd put it here.
Andy Collins and his thoughts on the rookie draft.
For what it is worth I'm with him.
https://outline.com/xTfgZg
Copy the link to your browser it should work.

I’m not smart/informed enough about the VFL to know whether everything Collins says is true, but he makes some good points and the article is worth reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back