No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
another brave Essendon performance. 🤣
Shambles. Surely Rutten can’t last. Every time I hear him speak, I can’t help but feel he’s got to be the most uninspiring and cliche-ridden coach there is. Seems to have a smugness about him, almost arrogance - does he care enough?? I’m sure it’s not the case but perception is big in this game. Players don’t seem to be playing for him, not invested, and I think that’s a big deal. He’s prob a great bloke, but man as a supporter I would hate to have him at the helm. Not that I’m complaining!

Shambles. Surely Rutten can’t last. Every time I hear him speak, I can’t help but feel he’s got to be the most uninspiring and cliche-ridden coach there is. Seems to have a smugness about him, almost arrogance - does he care enough?? I’m sure it’s not the case but perception is big in this game. Players don’t seem to be playing for him, not invested, and I think that’s a big deal. He’s prob a great bloke, but man as a supporter I would hate to have him at the helm. Not that I’m complaining!
Bring back James

Was listening to the AFL podcast with Twomey, Beverige and Olle this morning and they got to the dopers….

“Essendon were 2-4 last year and made finals, so if they win this week, they would have some belief”.

Granted, Twomey and Olle are * fans from memory, but it absolutely astounds me that “football experts” still have not grasped that Essendon had a soft draw in 2021, and made finals on the back of 7 of their 11 wins coming against the bottom 6( only 1 win against the top 8).

They don’t have a soft draw this year and with Collingwood, Bulldogs, us and the Swans in the next month they will be doing well to be 3-6.

James in hot demand - already warming the chair in Western Sydney isn’t he

From Titus O'Reily:

A six goals to zero third quarter left the Essendon fans with that horrible realisation that the James Hird era was the highpoint of the past two decades.

So I just need to clarify.

Porkins cheated by taking a massive dive.
Umpire rewarded the dive despite having no legitimate reason to pay a free kick.
Confused Hawk players pointed to the scoreboard.
The Umpires then magnified the injustice by paying a 50.

The AFL has now said that no dissent is allowed.
No comment on the dive. The AFL apparently condones that.
No comment on the Umpires error. The AFL apparently condones that.
Criticism for us for being confused.
So the victims are the bad guys.

Have I missed something?

So I just need to clarify.

Porkins cheated by taking a massive dive.
Umpire rewarded the dive despite having no legitimate reason to pay a free kick.
Confused Hawk players pointed to the scoreboard.
The Umpires then magnified the injustice by paying a 50.

The AFL has now said that no dissent is allowed.
No comment on the dive. The AFL apparently condones that.
No comment on the Umpires error. The AFL apparently condones that.
Criticism for us for being confused.
So the victims are the bad guys.

Have I missed something?
Hawkins free was against Frost for a block, not a push.

He dived and will cop a staging fine for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will. There is no doubt. It was worse than the McKay one where he got done.

Suspect it gets announced later tonight

Well I appreciate your optimism but the AFL is a political organisation. I suspect they will beat their chests about dissension to focus on that. Then wait for the next story so everyone forgets about Hawkins.

There has been plenty of time for a decision and announcement... if there was going to be one.

Alan Richardson says hi.

The inconsistency at the moment is staggering.

Players and umpires both confused as to how to go about it, AFL incapable of admitting there may have been at minimum some overcorrections so far and fail to penalise obvious.

Last edited:
105-110 kg guy who is immovable in a 1-1 contest like a boundary throw in , yet becomes a wile e coyote stunt double being shot out of a cannon from a minimal push .

Feel a bit for Harry Mckay .....your a scapegoat Harry .

The inconsistency at the moment is staggering.

Players and umpires both confused as to how to go about it, AFL incapable of admitting there may have been at minimum some overcorrections so far and fail to penalise obvious.
Time for players to learn a second language so they can curse and get their frustrations out.

The afl have a raft of the boy club failing up into senior positions, they have no accountability and just do as they please and come up with the worst lies under the sun to justify anything they do, and the worst part - it isn’t getting any better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back