No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for players to learn a second language so they can curse and get their frustrations out.

With arms locked to the sides.

LOL @ Porkins and Worps.
Remember lads, Hawks tackle harder and push far stronger (even with one hand) than mere mortals....we are deadly.

Fines mean Jack shit - they are just money in the coffers for the AFL

That dive could of cost the hawks 4 points and fining him doesn’t change that - that’s what shits me. What also shits me is that it was blatant and yet the commentary was all about the arm wave, not the impact of the actual free

My issue with the baby oil, isn’t so much the players using it to shrug tackles (I’m sure other teams use it too) it’s that then the tackler has contaminated hands that get the ball more slippery and it degrades the skills. Dropped marks/fumbles etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not I agree. Anybody is free to do it. Should be illegal though. Tackles are good. Slipped tackes lead to head contac- not good. And it leads to a slippery ball which isn’t good for the spectacle. Don’t see any upside to allowing it.
And it was the key ingredient for Selwood in this. Everyone talks about tackling technique but the truth was Selwood had turned himself into a cake of soap. I don’t like it

1650403205463.jpeg

Protected species down at the Cattery, AFL are a joke!
...one reason why they shit the bed in finals when the umpires put their whistles away. :winkv1:

They’ve done that for years. Used to be danger, Duncan and Selwood. Now hawkins. Do other teams do it as much??

This has been happening as long as I've been following football and I started U9s in the early 80s. Not sure what other clubs do it these days but it isn't really a Geelong thing. It's just a football thing.

No big deal.

It’s not I agree. Anybody is free to do it. Should be illegal though. Tackles are good. Slipped tackes lead to head contac- not good. And it leads to a slippery ball which isn’t good for the spectacle. Don’t see any upside to allowing it.

I agree with the oil on ball being a pain in the ass.

amazing

They said he was staging but aren't going to fine him for it....................

staggering

I reckon Hawkins owes Titch a coffee

My reasoning is they might have fined Hawkins but now that incident is wrapped up with a dissent penalty, so (in thier mind) they couldn't fine because it justifies the dissent - being that the decision was wrong. I reckon there were 10 more obvious "blocks" in this game alone.

EDIT: Didn't need to post this - SYL effectively said the same thing in the other thread. Soz

====================

Also - pretty sure I oiled up a few times in the '80's and '90's. "Everyone was doing it". Put resin on my hands a few times too

Also agree that times and tactics move on, and it might be the right time now to ban it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back