No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are all being a bit harsh on Wayne.

I mean who here has never taken their anti inflammatory medication thorough a rolled up $50?
I hope someone talks to Wayne about the need to take the recommended dose as unless he is carrying scales then he could do his liver a mischief.

Perhaps I am naive but surely players can avoid trying to get there partners pregnant in December/January and choose one of the other 10 months of the year.

Perhaps I am naive but surely players can avoid trying to get there partners pregnant in December/January and choose one of the other 10 months of the year.

Mate, when your partner is insisting on having copious amounts of sex because you're in the window you aren't going to be saying no. I sure as hell wasn't.

More seriously - if you are looking to have a kid you don't give the slightest **** when, where or how they're born - just that they will be born.

Mate, when your partner is insisting on having copious amounts of sex because you're in the window you aren't going to be saying no. I sure as hell wasn't.

More seriously - if you are looking to have a kid you don't give the slightest * when, where or how they're born - just that they will be born.
For your average punter I agree 100% and I am well aware of the small window available each month.

However, surely a bit more thought goes into it given every player knows what month finals are played.

Of course the birth of your first child is more important than a footy game but just be smart about it.

I hadn't read the article nor your post properly and took this to mean that Joey had injured himself whilst in the saddle 🤣

For your average punter I agree 100% and I am well aware of the small window available each month.

However, surely a bit more thought goes into it given every player knows what month finals are played.

Of course the birth of your first child is more important than a footy game but just be smart about it.

Yeah, nah. Having a child isn't easy for everybody. Footy players have lives that will extend many decades beyond their time in the game and their child would clearly mean more to them than footy does. You are being absolutely unreasonable in expecting footy players to have their partners plan birthing around when finals might be.

For all you know Joe and his partner had been trying for a long bloody time before they had success. Having had a partner go through something similar I would never have dictated to her when we could do things as it might conflict with my employment, or because I wanted to avoid having a baby born in September as I might want to be watching finals. Be bloody reasonable. There is a lot more to life than footy, much as I love it and I am sure the players do too, but having a child for most people completely outranks their employment, even if footy seems way more glamorous than us regular punter's jobs.

Pretty sure the child is early. It can be very challenging to conceive for some couples. It’s not like buying something off Amazon and you pick your delivery date.

Yeah, nah. Having a child isn't easy for everybody. Footy players have lives that will extend many decades beyond their time in the game and their child would clearly mean more to them than footy does. You are being absolutely unreasonable in expecting footy players to have their partners plan birthing around when finals might be.

For all you know Joe and his partner had been trying for a long bloody time before they had success. Having had a partner go through something similar I would never have dictated to her when we could do things as it might conflict with my employment, or because I wanted to avoid having a baby born in September as I might want to be watching finals. Be bloody reasonable. There is a lot more to life than footy, much as I love it and I am sure the players do too, but having a child for most people completely outranks their employment, even if footy seems way more glamorous than us regular punter's jobs.
My wife and I went through 7 years of failed IVF before we were lucky to have our daughter 2 years ago

Joe’s not the first, and certainly won’t be the last player to miss a final due to a birth of their children

You certainly are naive with that take. What an utterly selfish thing to say. Give yourself an uppercut.

My wife and I went through 7 years of failed IVF before we were lucky to have our daughter 2 years ago

Joe’s not the first, and certainly won’t be the last player to miss a final due to a birth of their children

Glad you guys got there in the end!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was Healy I believe.
Heally's other great sledge of Arjuna Ranatunga that game was his remark to Shane Warne "Put a Mars bar on a good length, that'll get him out of his crease".
Healy's comment about Ranatunga's request for a runner, did not contain the word campaigner. I was another much shorter "C" word

Heally's other great sledge of Arjuna Ranatunga that game was his remark to Shane Warne "Put a Mars bar on a good length, that'll get him out of his crease".
Healy's comment about Ranatunga's request for a runner, did not contain the word campaigner. I was another much shorter "C" word
One has been code for the other in here for an very long time

Campaigner is what that C word auto corrects to on BF. It's part of the swear filter.

This was posted by someone on the Brissy board. This is a great take on the whole children and sports matches/finals.

I simply don't understand why some in the media persist with this question..? Desperate for content/talking points is the only plausible reason I can think of..?
Admire the astue repsonse undertaken here, but like most coaches or managers when they discover the inquiry is from someone without children, they bluntly and rightly reply; "OK then, next question"....

I simply don't understand why some in the media persist with this question..? Desperate for content/talking points is the only plausible reason I can think of..?
It's the media. Very few of them know enough about sport to ask relevant questions, all they're after is a headline. I gave up paying attention to the media years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back