No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Mundy was a bloody good player.
Respect

When will the commentators realise the 360 spin HTB rule has gone the way of the Dodo for about 6 years now
The rule is still there. The umpires interpretation of it has become wrong changed.

Current 22 of players who left/leaving GWS and Gold Coast

B:Zac Williams S.May Corr
HB: Marchbank Finlayson Saad
C: Taylor Adams, J.Steele, O'Meara
HF: Treloar P.Wright Caddy
F: Rankine T.Lynch J.Cameron
FOLL: C.Dixon Taranto Prestia
INT: J.Martin Hopper, Brodie, Lobb, Hoskin-Elliott.
EMERG: Setterfield, Caldwell, Bruce, Lyons, Gary Ablett.

This basically a premiership team. A shocking result for AFL that all of these current players (bar Gary Ablett) left and largely to huge Vic clubs. What really is the point of GWS and Gold Coast? They get high draft picks who all walk out the door after 3-6 years.

This basically a premiership team. A shocking result for AFL that all of these current players (bar Gary Ablett) left and largely to huge Vic clubs. What really is the point of GWS and Gold Coast? They get high draft picks who all walk out the door after 3-6 years.

Scrimshaw says hello

Tv rights is why they exist. Otherwise, yeah they are pointless entities.

Watching our AFLW team today - sadly, but not surprisingly it's obvious our girls are a long way off becoming a competitive team...

Watching our AFLW team today - sadly, but not surprisingly it's obvious our girls are a long way off becoming a competitive team...
I think we were more draft focused, hopefully leading to sustained success.

The good news is you don’t have to continue watching it and You can wait a few more seasons before having to put yourself through watching every week

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe, but I surprised myself how quickly i became invested in the team! Looking forward to the journey to come.

The good news is you don’t have to continue watching it and You can wait a few more seasons before having to put yourself through watching every week
The games aren't bad live. We have a friend who plays for the Bulldogs so we have been to a few games at the Whitten oval. Good fun.

On Nokia 6.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The games aren't bad live. We have a friend who plays for the Bulldogs so we have been to a few games at the Whitten oval. Good fun.

On Nokia 6.1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I actually really enjoy watching it. The skills are infinitely better than the first couple of seasons because we have actual footballers in the league now and not just people from other sports.

The biggest piece of development I think the women need now is to be able to consistently mark the ball and handball it accurately. The kicking now from the majority of the teams is quite good.

I actually really enjoy watching it. The skills are infinitely better than the first couple of seasons because we have actual footballers in the league now and not just people from other sports.

The biggest piece of development I think the women need now is to be able to consistently mark the ball and handball it accurately. The kicking now from the majority of the teams is quite good.
I think it’s a time thing now. With AFLW gaining a lot of support, I imagine we will see many more girls involved in the sport from a young age. Give it 10 years and most of the players getting drafted will have played since they were kids.

This extra time especially early developing their skills will do wonders for the overall skill level.

I think it’s a time thing now. With AFLW gaining a lot of support, I imagine we will see many more girls involved in the sport from a young age. Give it 10 years and most of the players getting drafted will have played since they were kids.

This extra time especially early developing their skills will do wonders for the overall skill level.
Oh 100% I was involved with the development side with youth girls a couple years ago and some of them were better footballers than a lot of AFLW players at that time. The league is only going to get better and better every single season.

Goal kicking, for mine.

Both kick the ball blindly forward they are not elite mids.

Tigers have never relied on overly efficient field kicking to win flags, more of a chaos style. They'll both bring contested footy attributes which will allow Richmond to control territory more again.

Tigers have never relied on overly efficient field kicking to win flags, more of a chaos style. They'll both bring contested footy attributes which will allow Richmond to control territory more again.
Those days are gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back