No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys can I ask a quick question without wanting to totally derail your thread.

I've registered for gf tixs as social club member, which is priority two, but no to standing room. Any feedback on likely chances? Thxs.

Biggest dickhead in football.
Interesting that GWS have gone out of their way to recruit Heath Shaw, Stevie J, Phil Davis & Rhys Palmer. Formerly coached by Kevin Sheedy too.

Notice a trend there? Little wonder Jeremy Cameron & plenty of their other kids love to talk shit to the opposition. They've won nothing but are already one of the most obnoxious teams in the competition.... and it'll only get worse when their dynasty starts.

The irony is their behavior will make neutrals loathe the franchise and its AFL sugar daddy even more, although it will endear them to the population of Sydney's western suburbs who are largely "working class" to use a polite term.

Watching Easton wood on saturday night, reminded me of one of our former greats.

Lets just say, he's a good driver in heavy traffiic.

Not as good, but has similarities in how he goes about it.

Last edited:

I've registered for gf tixs as social club member, which is priority two, but no to standing room. Any feedback on likely chances? Thxs.

Saw quite a few category 2 folk from here getting tickets over the years and we have double your membership. Not sure of the exact odds - but I think you'd have some chance. Best of luck!

At least it's the original version of the movie, not the Nicholas Cage abomination.
It does have its bright spots
2e0f6f53cb88a4fb58f35543b8de256b.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a general rule, don't ever say no to standing room.
You can always upgrade those to seats with others who prefer to stand with a bunch of mates, if you do get a ticket(as I've done in previous years).

Stating you don't want standing room means you lessen your chances of getting a ticket at all.

If you need another reason to follow the doggies, Peter Gordon on SEN on SEN this morning acknowledged the off field help Hawthorn had provided in the last week or so. I think it was around sponsors, coteries, organizing functions etc that sort of stuff

If you need another reason to follow the doggies, Peter Gordon on SEN on SEN this morning acknowledged the off field help Hawthorn had provided in the last week or so. I think it was around sponsors, coteries, organizing functions etc that sort of stuff

Peter Gordon is one reason NOT to follow the doggies!

I loved Greg Baum's article in the Sunday Age about the GWS/Bulldogs game.

Articulated it far better than I ever could.

"It would be easy to depict this as a morality tale, with a such-is-life outcome.

Bulldogs and Giants were poles apart. Good versus evil. Old versus new. Capitalists versus working class. Corporatism versus the people. The big end of town versus the little. Privilege versus disadvantage. The west of Melbourne versus the west of Sydney, both less smiled upon.

The team long overdue for a premiership versus the team precociously ahead of schedule. The team that has paid its due versus the team whose dues have been paid for them. Cinderella versus the ugly sisters.

The Bulldogs' run-through summed it up: "Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups." One consequence of this binary dynamic was the re-emergence of pantomime booing."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ma...lldogs-reach-grand-final-20160924-grnq53.html

Me too. Can't stand the AFL $wans.

Apart from young Tom Mitchell. but as someone said, his excellent finals so far must be upping his price a fair bit.

For me though, its not just hope. Dogs have played four quarter games so far in finals, Swans have not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back