No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #11 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disgusted to hear that a Crows fan has had his membership suspended for racially abusing Paddy Ryder on social media. Either a lengthy stint of court enforced community service (if not jail time) and at the very least, a 10-20 year ban from attending AFL matches has to be a mandatory sentence for racist, religious vilification, or misogynist or homophobic 'fans' on twitter.

We as a society of not just football fans, but human beings, need to make a stand and get in tougher with these gutless Internet trolls and bigots.

The fact an Adelaide fan did this only weeks after Eddie Betts was vilified on Instagram really makes my blood boil.

Fitzroy used to be the Gorillas.

Broken leg and partially dislocated ankle for Watts. That always sucks.

Fitzroy never won a flag as the Lions. Only as the Gorillas. Magilla feels sad about the name change :(

Disgusted to hear that a Crows fan has had his membership suspended for racially abusing Paddy Ryder on social media. Either a lengthy stint of court enforced community service (if not jail time) and at the very least, a 10-20 year ban from attending AFL matches has to be a mandatory sentence for racist, religious vilification, or misogynist or homophobic 'fans' on twitter.

We as a society of not just football fans, but human beings, need to make a stand and get in tougher with these gutless Internet trolls and bigots.

The fact an Adelaide fan did this only weeks after Eddie Betts was vilified on Instagram really makes my blood boil.
I manifestly agree with the majority of the post, except for this bit.

You cannot defeat an idea you drive underground, and there is more underground now than ever before online. Racism is something that must be fought loudly, but the most important part of it is (unfortunately) not that it is the wrong thing to do, but that any mindset that is borne of it results in worse outcomes than those that do not.

Conversation for the SRP board, though, take me up with it there and I'll elaborate on what I mean if you like or shoot me a PM.

Not going to lie, all the Eddie Betts celebrations is leaving me slightly bitter and twisted about how our whole situation played out with him and the rest. Great little piece by Mitch Robinson below.

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/celebrating-a-brother-boys-300th/

It seemed we were really building a well balanced team with characters through the group and they all loved the navy blue. Then we just went and torched the whole thing by getting Mick.

Sigh.

Nonetheless well done Eddie - wish you spent your whole career with us.

How’s the lack of awareness from the footy department.......the man was always touted as a leader of our indigenous and also non indigenous players, was and still is an enormous talent and draw card for the fans........what they hell were they thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damien Barret is a knob. Fascinating insight.

Tune in next week for our special feature on don't touch the hot plate when it's on, and 'toast in the bath: convenient but deadly'.
Thanks for the laugh, but I regret to inform you that you now owe me a new coffee and a fee for carpet cleaning services. You'll hear from my lawyer.

I don’t think B Scott is going to last at North going to get hammered by Port then the baby Blues

Last year North had a year they did not need, finished way higher than their list deserved. They run off in the offseason and recruit a heap of average players and then their list finally shows its true ability.

Not sure if the coach or list manager miss placed their list.

https://www.afl.com.au/video/2019-0...-club-that-has-ever-got-their-list-this-wrong

The shock jock is pretty bang on here, although I will say Carlton 2012-2015 was in the same boat of list delusion. Just like Malthouse did to us, they have Brad Scott telling their board and supporters that their list is 5 minutes to midnight on the premiership clock, and they are trying to recruit as such.

Can NM afford to tell it's supporters that they are commencing a 66 game rebuild? I assume deep down they know that if they did, they would end up in Tasmania by the end of that timeframe.

They are well and truly ruling themselves out of any race for Josh Kelly. Their list needs to be taken to ground zero.

That said, which of their players would we want to target?

https://www.afl.com.au/video/2019-0...-club-that-has-ever-got-their-list-this-wrong

The shock jock is pretty bang on here, although I will say Carlton 2012-2015 was in the same boat of list delusion. Just like Malthouse did to us, they have Brad Scott telling their board and supporters that their list is 5 minutes to midnight on the premiership clock, and they are trying to recruit as such.

Can NM afford to tell it's supporters that they are commencing a 66 game rebuild? I assume deep down they know that if they did, they would end up in Tasmania by the end of that timeframe.

They are well and truly ruling themselves out of any race for Josh Kelly. Their list needs to be taken to ground zero.

Ben Brown or Cunnington, not a lot else to offer. Taking either may also stifle development or make it likely for one of our youngsters to walk to another club.

It's Norf's lot in life that they need to stay competitive to survive in their current form. There's an argument to be made for investing more heavily in last year's super draft and luck definitely plays a big part, but at a certain point we should be mindful to check our 'big club' privilege.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back