No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #13 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't see how WC don't get compo given what Norf have received over past two years.

Yes, WC won a flag in 2018 and have mismanaged their list since. Norf played prelims in 2014/15, finals again 2016, competitive through to 2019 before falling completely away 2020-23. And likewise, Norf were largely architects of their own fall.

WC were competitive through to 2021, so their fall is effectively two years behind NM. Norf received assistance after their 3rd poor year, and again after their 4th. 2024 is shaping to be WC's third poor year, so you'd think they'll receive something similar to what Norf did at the end of 2022. And if they're poor again next year, something similar to the assistance Norf got last year.

NM (wins per season, starting 2019): 10, 3, 4, 2, 3, ?
WC (wins per season, starting 2021): 10, 2, 3, ?

For comparison:
Carlton (wins per season, 2014-21): 7.5, 4, 7, 6, 2, 7, 7, 8 (48.5 ~6/yr)
Gold Coast (wins per season, 2014-21): 10, 4.5, 6, 6, 4, 3, 5.5, 7 (46)

Gold Coast received the same very limited package as us in 2018, but the following year (2019 - 3 wins) were given significantly more, with a package delivering extra picks for 2019, 2020 and 2021. It was this assistance package the North relied on as precedent.

Should also be remembered that 2019 saw us finish the year with a few late wins after a change of coach, otherwise, perhaps may have finished lower than Gold Coast again. We went for a period of 2 years from mid-2017 to mid-2019 with just 2 wins.

Looking back further than this is irrelevant, given the changes to the system in 2012 (prior to this it was a set formula).

Gold Coast would have received first round priority picks in 2018, but the AFL didn’t want to give us any - which is why the AFL came up with that access to 2 State League player boloney :rolleyes: for both of us.

I can’t believe that!!!

Richo is suggesting that the competition is being manipulated by the governing body, by forcing the game’s adjudicators to give free kicks to the team that they want to win?

Is that what he’s proposing?

I don’t think he has thought that through!!

That would invalidate all flags won as genuine achievements including those recently won by the Tiggies!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Richo is brain dead for even suggesting that.

Richo is brain dead for even suggesting that.
I'm tempted to raise it with 3aw. They don' have a text line but they have 'feedback' link. Also might let SEN know what I heard as they love slander and goss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gulden is a Sydney boy and came through Sydney Academy.

Virtually zero chance of him leaving.

Hayward is the Jack Martin type we need more of.

Free Agent and an Adelaide boy.

I would definitely be asking the question.

Well, well, well.

According to Tom Morris (who I think mostly gets good mail) I appear to have been spot on with this one back in January.

2 x Melbourne teams have put serious offers to Hayward - Carlton is one of them.

Last edited:
Reports of Dusty threatening to retire.

Watch him retire and then walk to GC at no cost.

Sent from my SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Don't think it works like that. Would have to be delisted by Richmond to then get picked up as a Delisted Free Agent. If he retires would have to sit out the next season iirc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back