No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest double edged sword of all time.. I wasn’t old enough to properly process the pain of 2001 prelim thank god.

It’s amazing we haven’t faced them in a final since then really when you consider we’ve played almost every other side besides maybe Carlton and Brisbane? Off the top of my head. Makes me sick knowing there will probably be a day where I have to head to the G for a final against that stain of a club
I was there and remember that game well. Was sat at the opposite goal end to Croads late quick so could see it fading right whilst the rest of our supporters had thought it had gone through.

We played so well that day, it was gutting to get pipped like that. Just remember walking to the station afterwards yelling “go Brisbane” with a hundred other supporters.

I was there and remember that game well. Was sat at the opposite goal end to Croads late quick so could see it fading right whilst the rest of our supporters had thought it had gone through.

We played so well that day, it was gutting to get pipped like that. Just remember walking to the station afterwards yelling “go Brisbane” with a hundred other supporters.

And their goal which was touched by young Adrian cox

Last edited:
I was young and not following footy back in 2001. I supported hawthorn but more because my dad did than actually watching games on TV.

I only saw the final score and my uncle was feeling down. I said something along the lines of “it’s alright, it’s only a game, there’s always next week”. I was thankfully too innocent for the pain to sink in
I'd only be letting out of the car boot about now...

That's quite some cliff Touk Miller is falling off.

Was his disposal always as diabolical or is it just this season?

It's dreadful.

One-in-two missing the target dreadful.

Looks absolutely cooked right now - got to be close to being dropped.

That's quite some cliff Touk Miller is falling off.

Was his disposal always as diabolical or is it just this season?

It's dreadful.

One-in-two missing the target dreadful.

Looks absolutely cooked right now - got to be close to being dropped.
I'm not sure I see what you're seeing. He's not having his best season but he's still been very good and looms as an incredibly important player for Gold Coast given their midfield is promising but very young. Nowhere near being dropped.

I think he'll see the most success as a player like Cotchin, when he's not the number 1 guy in the team.

Shaking in my boots about the thought of Knevitt, Neale, Bruhn and the Henry bros busting a game wide open 🤡
Yes. Imagine them getting a fair bit of the ball and busting the game right open where before hand they were level and now they're down by 67.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there anyone at port that may come our way on the cheap now...except for Hinkley

We have a habit of trading in an indigenous star from Port every few years, so I guess we could start with players fitting that description!

In all seriousness though, imagine combining the long kicking precision of James Sicily with Dan Houston. You'd think with Butters and Rozee settled that somebody like Houston could attract massive dollars from other clubs.

Dangerfield's charge thrown out, free to play.
shocked philip j fry GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back