No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may not be the right thread for this question - happy for it to moved if not:

Has any team ever failed to make finals after a 7-0 start?
Don't think so. We almost did it in '01 but scraped in after an awful back half of the season.

Geelong losing means they are more due for a win when we play them at home. But it means the drug pigs have won again.

The drug pigs winning means they aren't shown up as being pretenders for another round and the media circle jerk over them continues. But it means Geelong get another 4 points when we could possibly leapfrog them on the ladder.

Geelong winning means Geelong winning. Drug pigs winning means the drug pigs winning.

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

I wouldn't say they are on their knees but they are teetering on the edge.

They will get another spike in form before the final over the cliff point comes.
I think we will get there best , which will be a great test in a few weeks .

I also think they will beat * this week
They'll get smashed without Danger and Hawkins.

This may not be the right thread for this question - happy for it to moved if not:

Has any team ever failed to make finals after a 7-0 start?
Didn’t north miss after starting 10-0?

Geelong losing means they are more due for a win when we play them at home. But it means the drug pigs have won again.

The drug pigs winning means they aren't shown up as being pretenders for another round and the media circle jerk over them continues. But it means Geelong get another 4 points when we could possibly leapfrog them on the ladder.

Geelong winning means Geelong winning. Drug pigs winning means the drug pigs winning.

Gotta be Essendon.

I just want to see Geelong dead and buried, finally, after all these years of their supposed impending doom. It's time.

Essendon will get blown out in a crunch Final by someone. They can finish top four, get their hopes up only get smashed by Sydney or Carlton.

If only there were some way for both teams to lose. Not draw, as they both get points, but lose. This game is going to upset me either way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see what you have done there. You have distinguished between drug pigs by calling one of them Geelong.

Gotta be Essendon.

I just want to see Geelong dead and buried, finally, after all these years of their supposed impending doom. It's time.

Essendon will get blown out in a crunch Final by someone. They can finish top four, get their hopes up only get smashed by Sydney or Carlton.
But i really want to be able to say i was there when they hit 10,000 days without winning a final. They are getting pretty close now and id prefer a risk free run from here 😂

Gotta be Essendon.

agree.

let * squeak past them this week, then we put the cats to the sword next week.

then we move on to ruining * during the finals. preferably timed with punky's 300th. who super-subs to kick last 3 goals of the game, putting us in front on the siren.

it is our destiny.

i'm bored at work.

Wouldn’t want to be the team that gives them a finals win

The biggest double edged sword of all time.. I wasn’t old enough to properly process the pain of 2001 prelim thank god.

It’s amazing we haven’t faced them in a final since then really when you consider we’ve played almost every other side besides maybe Carlton and Brisbane? Off the top of my head. Makes me sick knowing there will probably be a day where I have to head to the G for a final against that stain of a club

The biggest double edged sword of all time.. I wasn’t old enough to properly process the pain of 2001 prelim thank god.

It’s amazing we haven’t faced them in a final since then really when you consider we’ve played almost every other side besides maybe Carlton and Brisbane? Off the top of my head. Makes me sick knowing there will probably be a day where I have to head to the G for a final against that stain of a club
I was young and not following footy back in 2001. I supported hawthorn but more because my dad did than actually watching games on TV.

I only saw the final score and my uncle was feeling down. I said something along the lines of “it’s alright, it’s only a game, there’s always next week”. I was thankfully too innocent for the pain to sink in

I was young and not following footy back in 2001. I supported hawthorn but more because my dad did than actually watching games on TV.

I only saw the final score and my uncle was feeling down. I said something along the lines of “it’s alright, it’s only a game, there’s always next week”. I was thankfully too innocent for the pain to sink in
I was holding my day old child in my arms for most of the game which is why it's such a blur. I'm sure I watched some of it......

or a kick in the arse by the sounds of it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back