No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Dick Naicos 20% kicking efficiency. 42 percent overall. Some uncharacteristic turnovers.
In a strange turn of events he only had 3 turnovers. All of which came in the last quarter.

Used the ball poorly but still hardly turned it over.

Pies need to find something in the off-season or their dynasty ends in a whimper. Forward line average, defence looks exposed without Murphy, injuries have hurt but will lose to retirement and the like.
Dynasty ends? They don’t have anything close to a dynasty to begin with. Just one flag they were lucky to get.

Probably first EFC game I've watched this year (other than ours) - they won by a couple of goals but neither side are at all impressive - I genuinely think we've got both covered in our current form.

Merrett was superb - we need Josh Ward to watch that game on repeat for the rest of the year - that's the game we we want him to be able to play.

Every time I watch Nic Daicos, I see creative, but such incredibly soft play. I liked one stat I think Richo came up with - 14 kicks, 2 have hit a target. I appreciate the creativity - and his 360 vision is incredible - his ability to instantly put the ball into space in front of a team-mate - but so often that disposal seems almost designed to put his team-mate under pressure, forcing them to pass back to Daicos.

Nate Caddy is just Calsher Dear with better PR. They talked him up like he was a superstar of the competition, but everything he did just looked like Dear with blond tips.

Probably first EFC game I've watched this year (other than ours) - they won by a couple of goals but neither side are at all impressive - I genuinely think we've got both covered in our current form.

Merrett was superb - we need Josh Ward to watch that game on repeat for the rest of the year - that's the game we we want him to be able to play.

Every time I watch Nic Daicos, I see creative, but such incredibly soft play. I liked one stat I think Richo came up with - 14 kicks, 2 have hit a target. I appreciate the creativity - and his 360 vision is incredible - his ability to instantly put the ball into space in front of a team-mate - but so often that disposal seems almost designed to put his team-mate under pressure, forcing them to pass back to Daicos.

Nate Caddy is just Calsher Dear with better PR. They talked him up like he was a superstar of the competition, but everything he did just looked like Dear with blond tips.
Nick Daicos is an absolute weapon and so much criticism of him is that he's not a complete player.
But not many players are.
Daicos does a lot the of the 1-2 stat padding but he's also really quick, evasive and creative with his disposal. Last night an exception but it's really because Collingwood need him on the inside and the outside.

Oldest list in the comp with 1 player under 28 from the top 10 in the draft. Nicky D.

The cliff is fast approaching.
Very interested to see how the club looks in a couple years.
End of last year Macrae did an interview where he said that he doesn't necessarily see himself coaching long term.
They might lose a very good coach as well as 80% of their top end talent over a three-four year period.

I'm off to watch North Melbourne Vs GCS in a minute.

Rest assured, I'll be encouraging Mac Andrew to have a chat with Sam and Mark at every opportunity I get - hoping to get access to the rooms afterwards, before legging it to the nearest big screen for us Vs Cats.

Big chance of getting Mac out of GCS I'm hearing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Pies should really ban themselves from trading future first round picks. Gave up a chance at Callaghan or even JHF a few years ago, and now looking like they've given up a top 10 pick for Lachie Shultz.

Can't wait to play them in a couple of weeks, hoping we're still in the hunt because the G will be rocking for our first home game in what has felt like ages.

Nick Daicos is an absolute weapon and so much criticism of him is that he's not a complete player.
But not many players are.
Daicos does a lot the of the 1-2 stat padding but he's also really quick, evasive and creative with his disposal. Last night an exception but it's really because Collingwood need him on the inside and the outside.
They lose Mitchell and Adams. Pendles, Sidey, Crisp keep advancing to the wrong side of 30.

And they ask a very good second year wing to win games for them at clearance. I think he's done a great job at that transition but he's not powerful enough to play through close checking where he has 1-2 guys hanging off and breaks tackles or absorbs them and feeds the extra mid.

The Pies should really ban themselves from trading future first round picks. Gave up a chance at Callaghan or even JHF a few years ago, and now looking like they've given up a top 10 pick for Lachie Shultz.

Can't wait to play them in a couple of weeks, hoping we're still in the hunt because the G will be rocking for our first home game in what has felt like ages.
Interesting what Ginni said about being a small forward in Macrae's system. Schultz has gone from 16 touches a game to 11.

If you're going to make your small forwards just hold position and tackle, why invest so much in a ball winning type?

In a strange turn of events he only had 3 turnovers. All of which came in the last quarter.

Used the ball poorly but still hardly turned it over.
3 times, all of them uncharacteristic. Exactly like Ablett and Judd.

They lose Mitchell and Adams. Pendles, Sidey, Crisp keep advancing to the wrong side of 30.

And they ask a very good second year wing to win games for them at clearance. I think he's done a great job at that transition but he's not powerful enough to play through close checking where he has 1-2 guys hanging off and breaks tackles or absorbs them and feeds the extra mid.
Massive cliff. Add in Cox, Howe, WHE, Elliot, Mihocek all over 30.

I don't care how good Daicos is, you can't carry that side when they all move on, and no first round pick.

Then you have the president saying they've got zero interest in rebuilding, and will trade.

Trade what??? They've already traded their picks.

Massive cliff. Add in Cox, Howe, WHE, Elliot, Mihocek all over 30.

I don't care how good Daicos is, you can't carry that side when they all move on, and no first round pick.

Then you have the president saying they've got zero interest in rebuilding, and will trade.

Trade what??? They've already traded their picks.
It's only Daicos brothers, Hill, Quaynor, Lipinski, Mccreery that are under 25 and of value.

Massive issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back