No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Daicos getting targeted hard but he’s got 17 touches half way into the second quarter. He is just so so good.
He’s also getting free kicks for that scragger Atkins holding him at stoppages. Atkins is confused because last weeks umpires let him do whatever he liked to Newcombe.

He doesn't really hurt you with them now he's playing midfield.
When he was on half back he would slice you up
I think the biggest difference now is how much time the opposition is putting into him. Would happen if he was playing half-back or mid.

Teams know if they give him any space he will destroy them. So now they always have one or two players sitting on him.

I think the biggest difference now is how much time the opposition is putting into him. Would happen if he was playing half-back or mid.

Teams know if they give him any space he will destroy them. So now they always have one or two players sitting on him.
Perhaps. You do notice him have far more influence when he is out wide compared to in the middle though.

I'm just thankful the pies don't rest him in defence, as I reckon he'd be the most influential player in the comp with that split

He doesn't really hurt you with them now he's playing midfield.
When he was on half back he would slice you up

He's essentially a top three clearance midfielder in the competition. And he kicks goals.

His run from behind and his link up play really slices teams up though, so having his focus shifted to winning clearances has impacted that. They need a ball winner back in there dishing it out to him.

So sick of Channel 7s constant barracking for teams and certain players. If I have to hear "Jezza!" from Brayshaw one more time I'll spew.

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

So sick of Channel 7s constant barracking for teams and certain players. If I have to hear "Jezza!" from Brayshaw one more time I'll spew.

On SM-S906E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hate it when any player is referred to by first name only.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I have to hear Brayshaw one more time I'll spew.

EFA

I was watching highlights of the 2013 prelim today - how the hell have we gone from Cometti and McAveny to BT and Brayshaw. All class and supremely knowledgeable to two blithering idiots yelling at the game like they are in the stands with their drunk mates.

Cats too good but they get away with a lot.
It must be nice being umpired the way they are.
If you listened to his presser tonight, you can see how he coaches the team to play to the umpiring on the day. They know what limits they can push in every game and why they also have their arms out like windmills - from the first gamer through to the most experienced player, it is expected.

Some may call it professionalism while others refer to it as being kissed on the you know what.

Hardwick and Scott both coach their players to push umpires into blowing the whistle. It is why Scott was so vocal a month ago about the umpiring holding the ball interpretation changes. He doesn’t want black and white decision making, he prefers the grey as that is what he coaches.

EFA

I was watching highlights of the 2013 prelim today - how the hell have we gone from Cometti and McAveny to BT and Brayshaw. All class and supremely knowledgeable to two blithering idiots yelling at the game like they are in the stands with their drunk mates.
Sounds like we might not have to put up with it for much longer with Channel 7 looking like making some much needed changes next season and with Fox doing their own commentary for Channel 7 broadcast games.
About. Bloody. Time.

I switched it on briefly last night saw a Geelong player tackling Sidebottom before he had actually received the ball .. then he received it … holding the ball free kick Freelong directly in front … switched off and watched the 1989 semi final Haw v Ess … when there were two men on the bench, no ridiculous rotations and I actually understood the rules.

:D

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back