No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Interestingly, we won by 13 on Saturday which was on 13 July.
The first goal of the game was kicked by Dylan Moore (number 13) and wouldn't you know it we end the round 13th on the ladder
Game started in the 13th hour.

Geez it's a terrible week for MOTY. Maybe I'm biased but I thought the diving one handed slips mark from Wiz was better than all 3 here.

Geez it's a terrible week for MOTY. Maybe I'm biased but I thought the diving one handed slips mark from Wiz was better than all 3 here.
The GOTW isn't much to write home about either.

What about Bedford, feel more for him.
For some reason the AFL is on their high horse this week.

Agree, Bedford very unlucky to be done for that I'm sure he will appeal. Cameron's second time up after they disgracefully let him off the first time so maybe it's a case of karma coming back to bite him.

Last edited:
3 weeks for tackles that are between shoulder and hip are wild to me.

I get tackling safely - that's a good message. And Sicily's 3 weeks due to McLuggage being KO'd - I disagree with it but I get the reasoning.
3 weeks for the Cameron and Bedford tackles is bizarre. Comparing to the danger of Sicily's tackle you'd expect 1-2 if you really want to be a dick about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL needs to decide, action or outcome. Line up these 4 incidents and the only one I can even remotely consider to not be a football action, and to be genuinely not in the spirit of the game is Rosas. It's also the one that received the lightest punishment because it didn't cause any harm. That's not right.

It's like the Gaff incident from way back. He throws a frustrated punch at Brayshaw's chest, Brayshaw dips a bit lower than he expects and Brayshaw cops a broken jaw - 8 weeks. If Gaff throws that same punch but Brayshaw stays completely upright, a fine at best a week at worst.

It's a bad look, and as is the case with a lot of what the AFL does, amateurish.

The AFL needs to decide, action or outcome. Line up these 4 incidents and the only one I can even remotely consider to not be a football action, and to be genuinely not in the spirit of the game is Rosas. It's also the one that received the lightest punishment because it didn't cause any harm. That's not right.

It's like the Gaff incident from way back. He throws a frustrated punch at Brayshaw's chest, Brayshaw dips a bit lower than he expects and Brayshaw cops a broken jaw - 8 weeks. If Gaff throws that same punch but Brayshaw stays completely upright, a fine at best a week at worst.

It's a bad look, and as is the case with a lot of what the AFL does, amateurish.

Same as Schultz only getting a week for a punch to the back of a players head earlier this year.

AFL needs to stamp down on this sort of thing. Should be minimum 3-4 weeks for any off the ball hit or strike to the back of the head and that’s only for minor force.

Wait...did i look at that right?
The ONLY one that wasn't a football action, only
got 1 week because....He didn't hit the guy in the back of the head hard enough??

I truly don't understand how Bedford got 3 weeks for that?

The Davies one I can't even tell what he did wrong?

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back