No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Well - I don't care much for the law a lot of the time if I don't think a law is serving it's purpose all that well.

I've got some very liberal views on illicit drugs for example. So I'm genuinely exploring this topic rather than coming at you with judgement. And so yes - I really wouldn't have any issue if all those GWS players were doing cocaine despite it being illegal. But I dunno - there's something about making fun of DV and sexual abuse that is completely outside my sense of being ok - regardless of how private the context is.

Interestingly, I have a bigger issue with drugs. Especially in regards to athletes.

You can't fake that stuff. It's potentially quite detrimental to your health.

One thing I should point out is that I likely wouldn't partake in the same behaviour these Giants players did. However, if I was in the room I'd probably view it for what it is. My mates being drunk dickheads in a private setting where nobody was actively being hurt and no laws were being broken.

Again so predictable.

These players in a private setting decided to act like neanderthals according to some. No laws were broken.

Move on.

You have the morality police trying to dictate to 25-30 million people across Australia what is acceptable.

How about you all mind your own business and concern yourselves with your own family and friends.

But KiNg HiTs BlaH bLaH
No laws were broken, but employment policies and league rules were. They are being sanctioned within the bounds of employment, not the court system.

Complete nonsense to limit what is unacceptable to “no laws were broken”

Interestingly, I have a bigger issue with drugs. Especially in regards to athletes.

You can't fake that stuff. It's potentially quite detrimental to your health.

One thing I should point out is that I likely wouldn't partake in the same behaviour these Giants players did. However, if I was in the room I'd probably view it for what it is. My mates being drunk dickheads in a private setting where nobody was actively being hurt and no laws were being broken.
If you 'likely wouldn't partake in it yourself' then why wouldnt you? So many people are using this line. I find the hypocrisy most amusing

If you 'likely wouldn't partake in it yourself' then why wouldnt you? So many people are using this line. I find the hypocrisy most amusing

I mean, if I did comedy I probably wouldn't come up with material as high on the crass scale as Jim Jefferies.

I also don't take drugs, but can be around mates who do and not change my opinion of them.

Different strokes and all that.

Here we go. We got the geniuses chiming in with anarchy and rule of law. What law was broken?

If you don’t like people behaving in an uncouth manner that’s a you problem. Walk the other way. Oh but no. I shouldn’t have to do that my feelings and rights are far more important.
OTOH, the standard of behaviour you walk past is the standard you condone.

It's an approach to life which has got me into sticky situations over the course of my life, but I'm far happier living my life this way than "walk[ing] the other way."

I'm not judging you for choosing to live your life differently to how I choose to live mine, BTW. Just offering a different perspective.

How is it hypocrisy? You can't expect everyone you hang out with to have the exact same moral compass as you do. This is largely shaped by your experiences in life.

It's an approach to life which has got me into sticky situations over the course of my life, but I'm far happier living my life this way than "walk[ing] the other way."

I'm not judging you for choosing to live your life differently to how I choose to live mine, BTW. Just offering a different perspective.

Yeah here we go. I hope you apply that to every situation.

Note, if anyone really wants to know why the Giants actions should be punished just look at what their own women’s team have had to say about it.

They didn’t shut up shop and say nothing about their male work mates, they called them out.

And also…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't want to pass judgement on anyone here.

But since I tried taking that approach to life, it's gotten much better. Anyone doing cocaine for example? You're out of my life immediately. No ifs or buts. Wish I had that approach years ago instead of waiting until age 30.

What he did was sleep with a girl who lied about her age to get into a nightclub when he was 19 and she was 15. He never did anything further once he’d determined she was underage. GWS players are idiots for making light of it but the press is also moronic for listing his name anywhere near ****ing Diddy’s.
I had a friend do the exact same thing when we were 22. He met a girl at Revs at 3am and they hooked up in the bathroom as is tradition. They exchanged details and she added him on facebook, and he looked trough the profile and saw she was still in highschool and he blocked her and we left.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back