No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you’re missing my point. It’s Rohan Connelly being offended by the treatment of the 2 ladies on twitter which I agree is not acceptable behaviour but then telling peta credlin to **** right off. Which regardless of her politics is equally not acceptable. But we’ve got people defending it.

So I asked when can I and when can’t I. Should’ve been in orange font.
I'm not following & don't care to, but what's everyone's issue here?

Is it that he swore (f*** right off) or that Peta Credlin is female?

Would it be equally unacceptable had he said the same to Peter Cradlin, his local lawn mower bloke?

Was Credlin offended & raised it as bullying etc. in the media, or is this just us discussing what some perceive as inconsistent or contradictory behaviour?

Aggressively insulting anyone is never acceptable.

However, you're trying to draw a moral equivalence between, on one hand, voluminous and aggressive online insults of women like Edwards and Meadows, who themselves were politely attempting to educate people - errant men in particular - on what is and isn't acceptable in terms of behaviour towards women in modern society; and, on the other hand, an isolated and comparatively minor rebuke by Connolly of Credlin, who herself has never been hesitant when it comes to using her relatively privileged position to aggressively insult minorities, often on the back of disinformation.

Do you see the difference between the two?
Disagree on "agressive insult" not being acceptable, I think it is an acceptable retaliation if the other person has done it first.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back