No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Double points for thebw due to the shorter fixture
👍. I see the finals are also not included, just the regular season.

Current totals:

Hawks: 14 wins for the men at 4 pts each = 56pts. And 8 wins for the women at 8pts each = 64pts. Total 120pts.
Lions: 14.5 wins for the men at 4 pts each= 58pts. And 7 wins for the women at 8pts each = 56pts. Total 114pts.

Teams that win the trophy are given a simplified replica of the middle panel of the perpetual trophy, which features the AFL lettering and a round die-cast of McClelland. The trophy includes $1 million in prize money, to be shared equally between the club and its AFL and AFLW players.

There could be a nice bonus coming for the players, and a few extra dumbbells for Dingley.

EXCITING!

👍. I see the finals are also not included, just the regular season.

Current totals:

Hawks: 14 wins for the men at 4 pts each = 56pts. And 8 wins for the women at 8pts each = 64pts. Total 120pts.
Lions: 14.5 wins for the men at 4 pts each= 58pts. And 7 wins for the women at 8pts each = 56pts. Total 114pts.

Teams that win the trophy are given a simplified replica of the middle panel of the perpetual trophy, which features the AFL lettering and a round die-cast of McClelland. The trophy includes $1 million in prize money, to be shared equally between the club and its AFL and AFLW players.

There could be a nice bonus coming for the players, and a few extra dumbbells for Dingley.

EXCITING!
Frankly, whilst it would obviously be an issue with an AFLW salary caps to provide the women with greater remuneration, I’d be pretty comfortable with the club spending a decent chunk of that $1m on the women’s program.

After all, their improvement in 2024 has been even better than the men’s. They deserve every extra cent which comes their way.

Frankly, whilst it would obviously be an issue with an AFLW salary caps to provide the women with greater remuneration, I’d be pretty comfortable with the club spending a decent chunk of that $1m on the women’s program.

After all, their improvement in 2024 has been even better than the men’s. They deserve every extra cent which comes their way.
Maybe target improved facilities at The Kennedy Centre with the club's portion of the money (that we don't yet have 🤣). The AFL would not get a say in that.

I asked my wife if this suggestion is sexist and she said, "maybe, but men and women are different and so should have different stuff". She is a smart woman.

If my son was involved in the GWS stuff (and I'm sure he wouldn't have been), he would be getting an absolute dressing down from both me and his mother that would pale in comparison to what the AFL has done.
Well done.
It's actually insane how you can't see the difference between someone getting told to **** off, and people making jokes out of rape.
Stop trying to make this about conservatives v non-conservatives, that isn't the issue here.
The jokes are tasteless and I don’t think it’s humorous and not many would other than low hanging fruit.

Telling a lady to F right off is aggressive, violent and boorish.

Thats the difference.

Putting it towards the facilities helps both the men and the women, makes the most sense. Would likely run into cap or soft cap issues if we tried to feed it directly into the women's program.

Excellent points.

I can’t recall her being offended by it or calling it out. But does that make it ok?

All these people hammering the GWS players for tasteless costumes, sprouting garbage like the standard you walk past is the standard you allow and kicking up a stink because someone was offended, find, and defend Rohan Connelly actually verbally abuse a lady as ok, why?

So if she wasn’t offended the abuse is ok? If the behaviour is wrong it’s wrong regardless and this is why I’m just asking the morally superior among us when it’s ok.

But I’ve slowly figured it out.

When they are conservative and deliver a message I don’t agree with so I’ll swear at her, abuse her and label the message as disinformation.
I think you’re deliberately being obtuse here. Not sure how you can draw a line between writing on your personal twitter account about someone who works in the political sphere aggressively on twitter, and doing skits about sexual abuse amongst people you work with.

You should see the crap that gets written about any women in politics on x or twitter. See what people say about Kamala. Not even in the same ballpark as what Connolly writes.

Maybe target improved facilities at The Kennedy Centre with the club's portion of the money (that we don't yet have 🤣). The AFL would not get a say in that.

I asked my wife if this suggestion is sexist and she said, "maybe, but men and women are different and so should have different stuff". She is a smart woman.
They could bid, hey?

Excellent points.

I can’t recall her being offended by it or calling it out. But does that make it ok?

All these people hammering the GWS players for tasteless costumes, sprouting garbage like the standard you walk past is the standard you allow and kicking up a stink because someone was offended, find, and defend Rohan Connelly actually verbally abuse a lady as ok, why?

So if she wasn’t offended the abuse is ok? If the behaviour is wrong it’s wrong regardless and this is why I’m just asking the morally superior among us when it’s ok.

But I’ve slowly figured it out.

When they are conservative and deliver a message I don’t agree with so I’ll swear at her, abuse her and label the message as disinformation.
False equivalence. I'm not sure that you figured anything out, slowly or otherwise.

Well done.

The jokes are tasteless and I don’t think it’s humorous and not many would other than low hanging fruit.

Telling a lady to F right off is aggressive, violent and boorish.

Thats the difference.
Why are you distancing the jokes from the misogyny? But now adding in "lady" to the FRO comment when that does not include any reference to gender?

If the McClelland trophy states that the $1M is to be shared between the club and players, are the player trophy payments included in the salary cap? If so, a club that is at the salary cap would find it pretty hard to distribute any of the $1M to players 😕

If the McClelland trophy states that the $1M is to be shared between the club and players, are the player trophy payments included in the salary cap? If so, a club that is at the salary cap would find it pretty hard to distribute any of the $1M to players 😕
No it's not.

Since the League's March announcement, it has been unclear how the money would be distributed. However, per the most recent Collective Bargaining Agreement, it's understood that half of that money will be split evenly among all men's and women's players from the champion club.

It means that $250,000 will be shared among men's players from the successful club, while a further $250,000 will be split between players within the women's program.

That money, which tallies at $500,000, will not be counted under the winning club's salary cap and will instead be distributed to players outside the cap in a similar manner to a premiership bonus.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back