No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure that DGB, JOS, Phillips would like their share going elsewhere. Not all the men are on lucrative contracts and have long term security in their afl careers. Whilst it would be a great gesture, I doubt it would be seen like that across the whole playing group.
True. Though not the players I’d have used as an example. Collectively they played 1 AFL game this year and contributed 0 points to the tally that might see the club win the prize.

Seamus is just about the only player who made a significant contribution (5Ws from 10 games) who is also likely to be on close to minimum chips and arguably has limited earning potential or time left in the game.

You can always tell the made up jobs in any organisations if they include the terms "Leadership and Performance", "Continuous Improvement" or "Cultural Leader" in them.

I've yet to work out what any of these terms actually mean in a practical sense after many, many years in the workforce.

You can always tell the made up jobs in any organisations if they include the terms "Leadership and Performance", "Continuous Improvement" or "Cultural Leader" in them.

I've yet to work out what any of these terms actually mean in a practical sense after many, many years in the workforce.
Edit, I forgot to add "Change Champion" in there as well!

Good way of dodging the soft cap...

03e528cb-7942-47d9-8ebf-079e3e852ab0_text.gif

He'll have his own office and all

Putting it towards the facilities helps both the men and the women, makes the most sense. Would likely run into cap or soft cap issues if we tried to feed it directly into the women's program.
What are you meant to do with the prize then? Surely it can't be subject to salary cap or soft cap? The clubs run as not for profits. Any money they make needs to be put back into the club and it's staff.

I also get chuckles over the fact that the AFL media went into meltdown at our “a type of tanking” and are fully on board with Richmond’s bald-faced type of tanking. It’s very hard to pick what the media go hard over. It does seem that they like to make capital cases out of marginal examples are are quick to forgive or even embrace the extreme examples.
The year before our "form of tanking" we were criticised failing to trade out mitchell and omeara.

I have to get permission from my CEO to have a second job

Wonder if someone told him that you get taxed more on a second job

Hats off to him though for fitting them in - maybe it’s nights or weekends he works

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are you meant to do with the prize then? Surely it can't be subject to salary cap or soft cap? The clubs run as not for profits. Any money they make needs to be put back into the club and it's staff.
It's all in the article I linked the other day. It does not count towards the salary cap for players however it does for the soft cap.

It means that $250,000 will be shared among men's players from the successful club, while a further $250,000 will be split between players within the women's program.

That money, which tallies at $500,000, will not be counted under the winning club's salary cap and will instead be distributed to players outside the cap in a similar manner to a premiership bonus.
It's understood the remaining $500,000 will go into club revenue. However, unlike the payments going to players, it will count against the AFL's soft cap restrictions, meaning it cannot be entirely distributed among football department staff.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Back